• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Because not everyone likes Souls games.
Only problem with souls games to me is the lack of abilities and difficulty. This game won't have those problems.

I will say that the campfires sound like a waste of time though. Depends on their location and frequency I guess

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, people deservedly don't/didn't trust EA, considering how they've handled the license up until now. Still wouldn't be shocked if they announce paid DLC next year some time.

At this point in time, why would DLC be bad in a couple of months? If this turns out to be a GOTY contender, peoples will beg for more content.
As long as gacha/micro-transactions don't slip in, it would still be a surprising effort coming from EA.

pre-ordered on steam, can't wait for next week! When is pre-load though? 55GB :o

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds awesome! I cannot wait to play it. It sounds like a mix of arkham asylum and a souls game which is perfect

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
At this point in time, why would DLC be bad in a couple of months? If this turns out to be a GOTY contender, peoples will beg for more content.
As long as gacha/micro-transactions don't slip in, it would still be a surprising effort coming from EA.

pre-ordered on steam, can't wait for next week! When is pre-load though? 55GB :o

I'm only worried about a cash n grab dlc; I don't trust EA that much lol!

I'm sure I read on the old thread, that one person had the preload up on their Xbox. If that was indeed the case, then it shouldn't be too long.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Man has the discourse surrounding this game changed a lot. I remember how a lot of people felt like it was just some linear 4-8 hour experience with no depth and utterly generic. So glad to see a lot of people give it a second chance and come around to it
well, it was a likely scenario. EA isn't exactly a trustworthy company, but if a game is good, then it simply proves us wrong and the narrative changes, simple as that

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll wait for the actual reviews but this sounds promising. This guy could be anyone though, you never know...

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
No microtransactions ever if you are curious. Does mean that the preorder orange lightsaber isn't going to be available again

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
"Rotting away"

I've read some horrible opinions on this board but... just wow.

I've heard some bad takes, but wow. We have an overabundance of multiplayer games, and we have had a dearth of SP Star Wars games for years. Then someone says a studio is rotting away. Almost a clown quality quote. There are already two major MP Star Wars games for people to play. I'm glad to finally get a single player experience.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The more I read about this game the more hyped I am!

Will pick it up after my exam at the start of december.

Should have known better than to doubt Respawn after Titanfall 2, smh.

Hopefully this game does well for them.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
smells like EA marketing

especially the way it is written and formatted

Heaven forbids we have educated internet commenters.

Did it ever occur to you that it's written and formatted that way because - as the guy said - he's deliberately trying to ape the structure of typical reviews?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Dark Souls combat *shrug*
I don't know what specifically you don't like about DS combat, but it's evident from what has been shown so far that this game doesn't follow the model very strictly. Other than the larger philosophy at work being "you need to kind of be careful about what you're doing instead of running up to guys and mashing a button," I don't think it looks nearly as restrictive as Souls combat.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
well, it was a likely scenario. EA isn't exactly a trustworthy company, but if a game is good, then it simply proves us wrong and the narrative changes, simple as that

I understand the EA distrust part. Its just there were early signs around the time of E3 that this was gonna be a potential GoTY contender like the Edge magazine impressions, the Gameinformer impressions and the fact the game was nominated for Game of the Show

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the EA distrust part. Its just there were early signs around the time of E3 that this was gonna be a potential GoTY contender like the Edge magazine impressions, the Gameinformer impressions and the fact the game was nominated for Game of the Show

Wasn't there also lots of hype surrounding Anthem iirc?

Oct 25, 2017
i understand not liking the difficulty ,but the god tier combat? nah man
Dark Souls combat is only good because of the difficulty. Without the high stakes, the simplicity of the movesets would take center stage and it would quickly become stale. Dodging, blocking, and spacing wouldn't matter nearly as much. Souls combat is good because the player has to mentally engage with it fully and use their tools wisely.

There may have been before anyone actually got hands on. I guess my media exposure is somewhat limited but I never heard a positive word about it once it was in playable form. People may have said "flying is cool" but otherwise reactions were tempered.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

There was. But Jedi Fallen Order actually had a live unedited 15 minute to show to the public unlike what happened to Anthem during E3. And the development for this game seems miles smoother than anything Anthem was.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
There may have been before anyone actually got hands on. I guess my media exposure is somewhat limited but I never heard a positive word about it once it was in playable form. People may have said "flying is cool" but otherwise reactions were tempered.

There was. But Jedi Fallen Order actually had a live unedited 15 minute to show to the public unlike what happened to Anthem during E3. And the development for this game seems miles smoother than anything Anthem was.

Aah ok, thanks. Yeah I've read the horror stories.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Hmm this wasn't really on my radar at all but these comparisons to a metroidvania certainly have me interested now

Status
Not open for further replies.