• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Looks Respawn are about to prove their chops once again in the story telling department. This game sounds unexpectedly great.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
it's kinda wild that this is turning out to be my dream game. even just a few months ago i wouldn't have thought that.

lawd

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I just went from not giving a shit about this game whatsoever to being very interested.

Can't wait to see what people have to say once its out.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I was heatitant on the story because I hadn't played titanfall 2. I played the campaign a couple days ago and it blew me away. Everything about it I loved.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely can't wait for this. Going to be a super Star Wars ultimate next week with this, The Mandalorian, and Disney + SW saga in 4k.

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear how much Metroid inspired this game is (my fav series). 3D map exploration sounds straight out of Metroid Prime.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
A 20-hours Souls-like game for story and exploration? I'm not so sure about that. On top of that, there are lots of planets to explore. Just how big and dense each planet will be?

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This guy from reddit did a better job than EA on hyping the game
But i understand if they want to keep everything under wraps

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Is there gonna be story dlc for this?
I'm not in a hurry to play this, got cod and death stranding within the last 3 weeks, so I don't mind waiting for a complete edition

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Is there gonna be story dlc for this?
I'm not in a hurry to play this, got cod and death stranding within the last 3 weeks, so I don't mind waiting for a complete edition
Nothing is announced. Leaning towards no

I suspect they will just add the combat arena thing as an update

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hope the release goes as well as these impressions for a lot of folks!

A Star Wars game from Respawn still seems like a dream to me, I just hope it fully delivers!

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
A 20-hours Souls-like game for story and exploration? I'm not so sure about that. On top of that, there are lots of planets to explore. Just how big and dense each planet will be?

The reddit poster said he did the story for the planet and he only had 38% of the planet explored. So it sounds like they are pretty dang big.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Sounds like the game has like 50x more positive buzz than when it was announced. That is telling. Most games shouldn't be announced if they don't have gameplay attached

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed it is good; I really do hope it is.

However, as a general rule, I have learned to never trust the opinions of those that have obtained the game before release. It's a rare individual who will go out of their way to find a game before release (e.g., finding a store selling it; or paying way too much on eBay) and admit they wasted their time/money and it sucks.

Even on these forums, it happens like clockwork on every thread about a major release. A handful of people (not reviewers) get their hands on it early and proclaim it the second coming of Christ.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds incredible. Gotta play it on the hardest difficulty for that true Souls experience.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Who would have thought that Activision (Sekiro), EA (Jedi Fallen Order), and Death Freaking Stranding would be 2019 GOTY candidates?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I hate how I go from not caring about a game to getting pumped less than a week before it comes out. I might have to preorder, this is looking pretty cool, and I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds really good. If reviews confirm no mtx I might get this much earlier than I expected.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I have faith in Respawn in that it will be a good game. Shame that EA has soured the well that hard that people don't want to bother talking about it.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
I hate how I go from not caring about a game to getting pumped less than a week before it comes out. I might have to preorder, this is looking pretty cool, and I'm not even much of a Star Wars fan.

Same.

I am in NO way a Star Wars person/fan. have never seen the movies, never played the games, and have never cared for its universe or lore.
I dont know shit about it tbh lol.

But as a massive singleplayer fan, this game really appeals to me for some reason.
Every preview, whether its video or text, has me feeling more and more hyped.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Same.

I am in NO way a Star Wars person/fan. have never seen the movies, never played the games, and have never cared for its universe or lore.
I dont know shit about it tbh lol.

But as a massive singleplayer fan, this game really appeals to me for some reason.
Every preview, whether its video or text, has me feeling more and more hyped.

That's me as well lol

I don't care about SW and never watched a movie but i LOVED all Respawn games and i can't miss this one.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
So the gaming press have copies in hand as of yesterday. Should be interesting to see when the embargo lifts.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Goddaaamn I was one of the unbelievers, to think back of I was also unbelieving of TF2 when the beta hit, and the real game ended up being GOTY2016.

So this is GOTY2019 maybe?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I need to finish Outer Worlds (which is really awesome by the way) so that I am ready to play Jedi: Fallen Order on my Xbox One X on release day because it sounds great. And we get The Mandalorian on Disney+ this Tuesday too!

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My poor wallet. This game wasn't on my radar but after seeing some previews and reading these impressions I'm basically sold. I think I read somewhere that it's a mix of Zelda/Metroid/Dark Souls and in that case, my body is ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.