• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any other playable characters we can use? I would love to have another character skin or something - spoil tag if it's the case!

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
I'm kind of torn to be honest. I really liked Nioh because of the speed and action-y gameplay but not many of the other Souls-type games. On the other hand, I really really liked GoW which this game was getting compared to a fair bit--but after watching some streams and reading impressions it seems to follow the Souls formula way closer than GoW did (even you can evens say it did at all...).

I'm still interested because I really want to play a good SW game but I feel like I know what I'm getting into more than I would like to with it just being that same old formula again.
What do you dislike about the Souls formula? Is it possible that being able to change difficulty levels could be helpful? Obviously I've not played the game so I can't speak to how it compares to the souls games.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
What do you dislike about the Souls formula? Is it possible that being able to change difficulty levels could be helpful? Obviously I've not played the game so I can't speak to how it compares to the souls games.

It's hard to say exactly--I think it's more that they all have so many aspects that are the same, not just one or two. They all have their version of bonfires, of losing your experience if you die, unlocking shortcuts after pushing through new areas, respawning enemies, etc. Honestly the difficulty is kind of the least of my issues with it. They all have punishing combat, but I like that. It's all the other same-y things it seems every developer just feels the need to emulate without innovating.

I just want to reiterate that I by no means hate Souls-type games, I just don't automatically take the formula as the sign of a good game and I kind of feel like I am gonna be getting deja-vu with Fallen Order even though it's a Star Wars game.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone been able to get 20% off using the Battlefront 2 and the EA Access discount?

I only seem to be able to use one or the other.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Played a bunch of hours at highest difficulty and as of now it holds up, as in you don't feel overpowered that much even by unlocking stuff in trees. Also there have been a couple of tough encounters and I legit can't remember the last time a game made me actually actively focus when simply walking around or inbetween set pieces since huh, yeah Ninja Gaiden on xbox. Pretty neat. It doesn't have weird ass pacing either

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The game has been in development since 2015 at the earliest, they had enough time.
And, no western devs matches Capcom/PG animations in action games, even if they had more time, their focus won't be on animations and make them as good as a DMC game or Nier.
I'm not gonna post GoW 2018 gifs now, but you get what I mean haha

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
the animations look goofy but also that gif of the giant frog enemy jumping off the cliff is a good thing, not a bad thing. that kind of interaction is why people like dark souls. it'd be way lamer if if just magically didn't fall off the cliff.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Using one nitpick to claim a game 'lacks polish' is rather hyperbolic too.

And there's this guy
I watched this stream for like two hours. Anyone who does the same, and calls this game polished afterward, is fooling themselves.

The game has well designed elements that probably add up to a fun experience for most people, but its rough edges are readily apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.