• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SW Metascore

• > 95

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • 90-94

Votes: 139 10.8%
  • 85-89

Votes: 725 56.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 333 26.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 68 5.3%
  • < 70

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • < 60

Votes: 4 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 26, 2017
star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-hero-banner-02-ps4-us-29may19

Is Respawn going to deliver for the 4th time in this decade?
Will the EA/ Star Wars curse continue for the 3rd time in this decade?
Will you buy the game and show to EA that there is still place for SP games? (Assuming it's good eh)

I guess, it's going to land in the 85-89 range, going by Respawn history and early impressions from Press and early copies.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
My gut says 88. I'm more interested to hear how deep the game is, how varied the worlds are and how the combat works with the upgrade system they've implemented.

But I think there will be some kind of hysteria around the metascore.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
83. I feel like EA will mess something up that we haven't seen, knowing their track record, and I way overshot the Death Stranding Metascore, so it helps to be conservative here.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
I predict great scores for this. Looks like a great blend of action and exploration and seemingly cherry picks the best elements of certain games like Souls or Metroidvania.

Anything between 80-84 would be fantastic.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
80 or so sounds like a safe bet. It does look like it has various cool elements but without the depth or the cinematic qualities of certain third person games (eg. soulslikes) or the incredible cinematic quality of others (eg. Uncharted). Shadow Of Mordor was quite a sleeper hit and that scored 84, this feels like it could land in a similar spot.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
83. I feel like EA will mess something up that we haven't seen, knowing their track record, and I way overshot the Death Stranding Metascore, so it helps to be conservative here.

Preparing the popcorn for the meltdown in case this scores higher than Death Stranding. I don't think it will, but that would be fun to witness.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is there not any outcry about that ?
People rage if a company doesnt give reviewers copies till launchday if they leak it, but somehow its ok to not allow reviews till after launch ?

Reviewers complain about it, customers don't care a whole lot. I got my review copy for Modern Warfare 2019 a day after I started playing the copy I bought. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Wouldn't be surprised if the embargo time was indeed setup by Disney. If they have confidence in the game I'm sure EA would prefer to have the embargo lift sooner like this morning.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
The embargo date is unacceptable. I don't care if the game or not. Buyers should be informed well before their copies ship. Also lifting the embargo after the game officially launches should be illegal.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
88. it will benefit from the fact that it is the first well done Star Wars singleplayer since a long time.

problem is, i just don´t see the uniqueness, it is Dark Souls inspired combat with Uncharted sceneries and Ass Creed climbing. it seems like a mashup from other existing games. but for the mass market it should do well with those elements.

i don´t think this will be GOTY anywhere

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
If this was a movie, my youtube recommendations would be filled with 'Disney PANICKING?! Fallen order is a DISASTER?' for weeks on end, then it gets a 85

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going with 85-89, cause from what they showed so far, they really want this to do well, and escape the EA stigma on Star Wars games.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
How is there not any outcry about that ?
People rage if a company doesnt give reviewers copies till launchday if they leak it, but somehow its ok to not allow reviews till after launch ?
A lot of people on this website don't get outraged unless it affects America, and since the reviews are up before the game is out in America, I doubt there will be "outrage" about reviews coming after the launch in the rest of the world.
If reviews were coming out hours after it was available in the US then I imagine that there'd be some outcry.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
You can't embargo people that didn't get their copy through EA right? Those people could technically post reviews/impressions earlier?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the previews and the inital impressions... I would be pretty shocked if this doesn't surpass 83.

I think around the 87 mark

We'll see. Either way, my 2020 EA Access sub is gonna get some use. FIFA 20 (don't think I'm buying those games again but "free" wins), Need For Speed: Heat (seemingly the best NFS of the generation), Fallen Order... yeah, not too shabby at all for the 25 Euros or so I spend for it a year. Neither game is 50-70 Euros material for me but I can't wait to try them later.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
All 3 of Respawn's previous games have all scored in the 85-89 range so I think it's very likely that this one will as well. Getting over the 90 hump is generally extremely difficult these days as a handful of poor reviews from highly weighted critics can make it statistically impossible to score that high. Between the dev team working on it and the impressions so far the game sounds like a game that's going to review very well but I don't think it will be able to get over 90. I'm guessing it'll be comfortably in the 85-89 range but closer to 90 than 85.

Nov 8, 2017
Despite some of the early footage looking a little underwhelming, I've only heard good things. The 85-89 range seems plausible. I certainly hope it's good.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
86 seems right to me.

Given how impressions have been going in the leak thread and how excited folks seem after that, I'm guessing even beyond the metascore, this might top a lot of people's lists for personal GOTYs. It's not likely to be mine but is real cool to see people getting very excited about it, even if it feels like EA is underselling it.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll settle around 79.

Good game, but a few glaring issues stop it from being truly great.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
High 80's. I'm gonna go with 88, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even higher.