• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Of all the races, species and possibilities in Star Wars this is what we have to play as. Average white guy.

I like the casting, but I'm disappointed with the character choice too. Especially when you consider the context of the MC being a character hunted down by an evil governing power. Like, why make that character a white guy?

Oct 25, 2017
I was underwhelmed. Story is supposed to play a big part here and yet I could not get excited about it. "Trust no one" repeated to us...ok. Here's hoping we see some gameplay in the end.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's a story trailer.... what the hell is wrong with that?

I don't give a shit about story trailers. When he warned us that it was a story only trailer I immediately stopped caring

"the gameplay is like this and we're so excited about our combat system and.. I'll stop talking about it, let's show the trailer! oh btw the game is not in the trailer lul"

sigh

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the larger point might be that the 'panel' format is extremely inefficient for reveals, and is overdue for a huge change. These people have zero stage presence, and it drags for long stretches as a result.

These interviews are extremely boring, the concept art is uninspiring, and it paints the entire project in a pretty bland light.

It might be boring to us as outside observers, but panels at actual big conventions like this are hard to get into and not going anywhere.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
I think the larger point might be that the 'panel' format is extremely inefficient for reveals, and is overdue for a huge change. These people have zero stage presence, and it drags for long stretches as a result.

These interviews are extremely boring, the concept art is uninspiring, and it paints the entire project in a pretty bland light.
That's what a panel is. Interviews and discussions. People expecting an E3 style showcase forgot that this is a panel

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping this game would give us some great Jedi lightsaber gameplay. I'm thinking it's gonna be more of a stealth adventure though.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
The inquisitors were a bunch of losers in Rebels tho.

They had no backstory or character.

They just existed to die to Maul.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
With respawn being behind the game I am pretty confident that the gameplay will be good.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Edgy white male teenager. Oh boi and here I was thinking that they would go out of their way to introduce a diverse character. Graphics and art direction looked lackluster too.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
Edgy white male teenager. Oh boi and here I was thinking that they would go out of their way to introduce a diverse character. Graphics and art direction looked lackluster too.
respawn has crap art direction in general, titanfall and apex look like derivatives of how scifi games are supposed to look

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's always great entering an Era thread. You'll always know there'll be a ton of positivity K A P P A.

Jesus Christ people...

Oh no yeah he's amazing, i'm certain he will be able to nail the boring persona that they have envisioned, written and directed.

Oh yeah because everyone knows the people who brought us Mondern Warfare and Titanfall 2 are shit story tellers.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Star Wars hype higher than ever between "Rise of Skywalker" and "Fallen Order". I'm going to watch some Star Wars movies this weekend. So hyped !!!

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disappointed there was no game play and double disappointment in not liking that actor whatsoever.

Oh well, bring on E3 for the game play, still have faith Respawn.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
I get that its a Star Wars con, so you'll focus on the reason why people attend, but then own it and go in on talking about that story and characters instead of having the lead actor try to describe gameplay.

I dig the look and the vibes of the story trailer though. Definitely in!

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
They could totally turn this thing into a big win with a surprise gameplay reveal at the end...come on!

no gameplay till E3, I know :(

Status
Not open for further replies.