• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I really don't think you can get away with a trailer without showing a bit of gameplay anymore. Even R* started getting flak for that with RDR2 trailers.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad this other SW game up and died.
Visceral%2BStar%2BWars.gif

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty meh on the trailer, was really expecting some gameplay, plus hard to get excited over generic white dude protag

But it's Star Wars and Respawn so I'm still gonna check the game out

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is designed with gameplay as a top priority in order to deliver the kind of intense Star Wars lightsaber battles that are seen in the films. Brought to life by Respawn, a studio known for high-quality games that are both visually beautiful and technically masterful, players will use their Jedi training to create different melee combinations with an innovative lightsaber combat system and Force abilities. Players will also use traversal and other platforming abilities to strategically overcome opponents and solve puzzles in their path across this galaxy-spanning adventure. Star Wars fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear, and enemies, while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to Star Wars.

This does sound great.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Too bad this other SW game up and died.
Visceral%2BStar%2BWars.gif
Glad to see the dawn of another cancelled Star Wars game that people will always insist would have definitely been better than the ones that were actually finished and released.

Seriously, if you'd read the Kotaku article on the Visceral closure - that game was essentially copy-and-pasted levels from different Uncharted games with Star Wars skins.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like everyone is seriously forgetting where this is being shown off. It's Star Wars Celebration. All the other panels have been like this... Just insight into development of the films, books, and games and the experiences of the actors. E3 is coming. I'm sure gameplay will come soon.

Dragoneye

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The United States of America
I honestly don't see why people are complaining about the MC being a white guy.

In the Movies there's Mace, Lando, Rose and now Landos daughter
In the games there's both Iden and her Daughter, looking even further back Kotor 1 and 2 had diverse characters, then there's Star Wars Bounty Hunter with Jango as well
And in the cartoons there Kanan and Ezra

Like these are all the examples that just come to mind right away, I could probably dig deeper if I wanted to.

I just don't see the problem here.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see the dawn of another cancelled Star Wars game that people will always insist would have definitely been better than the ones that were actually finished and released.

Seriously, if you'd read the Kotaku article on the Visceral closure - that game was essentially copy-and-pasted levels from different Uncharted games with Star Wars skins.

Is that right? The way it was described in Schreier's book it was more of a stealth / heist game.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is designed with gameplay as a top priority in order to deliver the kind of intense Star Wars lightsaber battles that are seen in the films. Brought to life by Respawn, a studio known for high-quality games that are both visually beautiful and technically masterful, players will use their Jedi training to create different melee combinations with an innovative lightsaber combat system and Force abilities. Players will also use traversal and other platforming abilities to strategically overcome opponents and solve puzzles in their path across this galaxy-spanning adventure. Star Wars fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear, and enemies, while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to Star Wars.

This does sound great.
This sounds cool, but I didn't really get this vibe when watching the reveal trailer. It's okay they didn't show gameplay, but not showing a bit more scope of the game is probably why people are upset.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Respawn probably had their hands tied on that underwhelming reveal event. The panel screamed Star Wars panel through and through. I'm guessing that Disney forced Respawn to show up at Star Wars Celebration.

In the games there's both Iden and her Daughter, looking even further back Kotor 1 and 2 had diverse characters, then there's Star Wars Bounty Hunter with Jango as well

Like these are all the examples that just come to mind right away, I could probably dig deeper if I wanted to.

Yep. Star Wars has handled diversity quite well in recent years imo.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Out of the Mace, Kanan and Ezra who are the rest of the main character jedi? that the story revolves around not just includes.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The game might've been some kinda disaster, but visually those five seconds look better than the two minutes we got today.

And I did read the Kotaku article, what I remember is that game getting all kinds of fucked by management and executives at basically every point of its existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.