• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Official Reveal Trailer (EA/Respawn, November 15, 2019, PS4/XB1/PC) [Read Staff Post]

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yes I am? Is that so hard to conclude from what I said?

If you were a redhead, like I am, who's been ridiculed and maligned a good portion of your life for your God given hair, and you now see more and more representation or your hair type in the media...you would understand.

Being put down just because your hair is red/ginger is one of the most prevalent and somehow accepted forms of persecution on the planet...its led to many, many bouts of depression for me in my high school years, and I'm sure many others have had the same experience.

Seeing Cal, a Jedi, rocking the same hair as me....brought a happy tear to my eye no joke.

Nov 8, 2017
whatever the protag is, the trailer was just blah. lame cutscenes, lame dialogue, and the music didnt do it any favors. i have faith in repawn and stig to deliver gameplay wise, but yeh this was underwhelming.

Jun 1, 2018
Yall talk about generic white dude but as a semi-ginger I dont mind having a red haired male protagonist atleast once. (Last one in a AAA game was Crono?)

Overall Im hyped by the news about the team and the premise, this could be good.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Stig made GoW 3 look pretty, but the game is the weakest in the series.
2. Titanfall 2 had an amazing SP campaign, but that was due to gameplay and level design, not so much story.
3. I don't know the extent Avellone worked on the game, he's been freelancing a lot lately so his name attached to something doesn't mean much to me.

All that said, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm more concerned with Lucasfilm hampering their every story idea and move.
In terms of narrative GoW3 might've been the worst but in terms of gameplay, that definitely isn't the case. It seems like your biggest concern isn't gameplay at all but rather the story. Star Wars has an excellent mythos but the actual characterization and over-arching narratives are normally kinda shitty. So in that sense, it really can't get any more nonsensical or rehashed than the films so that's kinda your silver lining in this.

Oct 29, 2017
Looks absolutely horrendously boring. It looks and feels nothing like Star Wars and looks just like your everyday, cookie-cutter generic, run of the mill Hollywood action popcorn flick.

Also: No gameplay footage = This game has no gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

Oct 27, 2017
Being put down just because your hair is red/ginger is one of the most prevalent and somehow accepted forms of persecution on the planet.
Don't do this.

At the end of the day, I fell for the hype with the reveal. In such close proximity to E3, I should have guessed there would be no gameplay, it just makes sense

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Star Wars discussion is such a fucking trash fire. And I’m not talking about the people asking for some representation, I’m talking about the idiot reactionaries that plague the fan base.

Oct 25, 2017
Has a good staff behind it, but I assume he croaks in the end. That's the problem with prequel cannon. I'm withholding my opinion until we see some gameplay and get a sense of the plot. No sense in judging something by a trailer.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
When was the last time we got a big reveal with game play??
Sekiro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
off the top of my head, god of war ps4
I don't think it did? Or just very little as to be insignificant. Nevermind I'm wrong
Could be the same character at two different points in time. People do cut their hair, after all!
Haha dude, the 2nd character is from Wolfenstein: TNC. I think both are indeed modeled after the same actress though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do this.

At the end of the day, I fell for the hype with the reveal. In such close proximity to E3, I should have guessed there would be no gameplay, it just makes sense
There was such a good thread on redheads early in Era's first year.

Not to say yeah, of course there's bullying, but how some made being a redhead is equivalent to being a person of color. It was hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
As a father of two lovely gingers I appreciate this inclusion. It's about damn time.
I'm stoked also: it's really cool :)
Um, don't do what exactly?

I'm 100% serious about the redhead persecution I stated, and have lived through, mate.

Seeing a redheaded Jedi is actually so amazing to me, it's hard to put into words: makes me super proud/happy.

There was such a good thread on redheads early in Era's first year.

Not to say yeah, of course there's bullying, but how some made being a redhead is equivalent to being a person of color. It was hilarious.
Of course there's bullying....if you were on the receiving end, you wouldn't play this down like this.

Nov 12, 2017
I don't get the feeling that was real time. Because to me, there are 3 categories of cutscenes:

1. Real time - self explanatory, I suppose, and can support clothing and weapon changes by player showing up in them at will.
2. In Engine - Using game assets for the most part and done in house by developers. However, is using settings that can't be rendered in real time due to loading times, design constraints, or settings higher than the hardware can accommodate when you have to add in AI and other gameplay elements. If something like this was truly real time, developers would be telling us so in order to impress us, they wouldn't use more obfuscated language like in engine.
3. Outsourced CGI - Not using in game assets at all and all and may be farmed out to known teams like Blur, etc. Night and day difference in quality from gameplay.
They said in engine just before showing the trailer if I remember right.

Apr 12, 2018
This has been... quite the read. I never thought I’d see red headed white people of all things claiming “ persecution”. It’s baffling and insulting, but I am in a Star Wars thread, where nothing is ever sane.

Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I don't get the feeling that was real time. Because to me, there are 3 categories of cutscenes:

1. Real time - self explanatory, I suppose, and can support clothing and weapon changes by player showing up in them at will.
2. In Engine - Using game assets for the most part and done in house by developers. However, is using settings that can't be rendered in real time due to loading times, design constraints, or settings higher than the hardware can accommodate when you have to add in AI and other gameplay elements. If something like this was truly real time, developers would be telling us so in order to impress us, they wouldn't use more obfuscated language like in engine.
3. Outsourced CGI - Not using in game assets at all and all and may be farmed out to known teams like Blur, etc. Night and day difference in quality from gameplay.
For the hundredth time:

Oct 26, 2017
I did like the story in this trailer, could be good if they make it dark enough.
I really hope we get to customize our own character, but i guess this is a type of fixed character game unfortunately.

also I would have liked gameplay segments tied in to the trailer. To release a trailer with just stupid ass in game cinematic scenes in todays gaming scene is so out of touch with the fan base of gaming.

Stig arguably made the best gow, which is probably the most epic game I've ever played.

The gameplay / combat is not a concern whatsoever.

And novice Jedi (padawan) on the run premise during the empires rise is an exciting premise.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
They said in engine just before showing the trailer if I remember right.
For the hundredth time:
But rendered in engine and rendered in real time are not the same thing, at least to me. Certainly I could wrong. But that’s the only reason I posted what I did and explained why I felt they are different, because people confuse them. Rendered in engine, to me, is just doing exactly as it implies and using the engine to create a cutscene as the developers intend.

But just because the engine is used for the cutscene doesn’t for a moment mean it always going to be rendered in real time. The developers can choose to render to video for a myriad of reasons from load times to performance. I feel like the developers would use the term real time if it actually was. The two terms of in engine and real time exist separately from each other for a reason.

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed in lack of gameplay, but the names behind this game got me eagerly anticipating some more.

Lol hopefully it'll run on my Surface Book. I don't think these games ever came out on Sony platforms so if my laptop can't run them, I'm assed out.
The game came out in like 2004; running it off of integrated graphics would be overkill for that game.

Make sure you look for some mods too. If not the restored content mods, at least some of the bug fixes. But the restored content mods are a must.

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing reactions to say the least.

I think it looks good and I can't wait to see more. I wonder how using force abilities will work given that using them openly could get you killed. Wonder if Ashoka or Obi-Wan will make a cameo.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the reveal did suck but again, I feel this was more Disney wanting an early reveal for Celebration. Limiting the panel to talk about things like character design and a new Sith inquisitor and such.

The developers even stressed on stage that there is much more than what they talked about here, like they knew this reveal lacked substance of what we expect from a game reveal.