• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Official Reveal Trailer (EA/Respawn, November 15, 2019, PS4/XB1/PC) [Read Staff Post]

Jan 9, 2018
Sekiro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

I don't think it did? Or just very little as to be insignificant. Nevermind I'm wrong

Haha dude, the 2nd character is from Wolfenstein: TNC. I think both are indeed modeled after the same actress though.
Sekiro reveal wasnt gameplay. Just said shadows die twice and that was it.
Reveal came way later. A ton of people thought it was bloodborne 2

Jan 9, 2018
They have gameplay to show the game launches in 7 months which means it goes gold in what 5-6 months which means its almost finished.
They probably have a set rollout for pr/marketing so they can get extra press coverage up to launch since its a relatively fast turn around.
Show trailer at star wars experience
Show gameplay at ea play
Have hands on press event in summer
Bring to trade shows in fall
Launch in November
We see this for a lot of games.
They have obligations to contracts with events and companies for content. I doubt they have anything to hide.

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited about this. I love SWs, but the games have either been MP focused of late or just flat out sucked. I trust Stig.

I also just want a simple single player campaign--no MTX bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to be optimistic about the animations when they are pretty average in a scripted trailer.

I don’t like jumping to conclusions from a teaser but it just screams budget Star Wars to me.

Oct 26, 2017
For me it’s a good thing since Dick Grayson is probably my favourite superhero.

Essentially Grayson is Robin no 1, He’s a good/great hero but walks away from it all due to having a falling out with Batman (Bruce Wayne) later when Bruce is hurt and no one else can fill the void he returns to Gotham, becomes Batman and raises Bruce’s kid. Grayson is really good.

Jason Todd was Robin no 2. Edgy street kid, bad attitude. Supposedly was killed by the Joker after fans voted to kill him off in a poll. Returns later as a villain/antihero known as The Red Hood. He serves himself, will both fight and commit crimes. Is ok with killing as he blames Bruce not killing Joker for much of Gotham’s issues.

——————————-

In Star Wars terms.

Imagine if Luke trained an Ashoka Tano type before he trained Kylo. This would focus on that training then it would leave them free to return post episode 9
Dammit...that sounds really really awesome...thanks for explaining that to me. Man now I'm sad too

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why we can't just get more Kyle Katarn-type games but with modern graphics and stuff.

It prints money, dammit.

Shooter action, Jedi powers, RPG-like progression, vehicle and space ship combat, amazing visuals, exotic locales, Star Wars universe - it should literally print all the money in the world.
Yes! Why isn’t anyone just doing a reinterpretation of these games? It’s basically all there, just go and copy the lightsaber physics and handling mechanics and you’re golden.

This looks more like a uncharted title so in the end it’ll come down to story/writing but count me in on not feeling the main character.

And lol at people arguing the guy is a good actor with good facial expression... that’s not really the point here.

Oct 25, 2017
the whole look of the game is just off.

this. right here. looks like some 90s CG. technically thats impressive i guess but everything just looks.... awkward.

its respawn though, i imagine they'll nail the gameplay, but this is without question a disappointing first showing.

Jun 21, 2018
It's always funny to me when people say stuff like "the character model is bland" for models ripped directly from actors like Cameron Monaghan in this and Sam Witwer in Days Gone. Like, both dudes (especially Witwer) have fairly unique faces and stage presences in the works they appear in, and... Like, that's how they look. It'd be like saying Jean Reno in Onimusha 3 looks generic. Imagine someone telling you that your face was bland, when in the acting world the opposite is true.
We all know the real reason they are saying that and it’s because he is white. 🙄🤷🏽‍♂️

Oct 29, 2017
UK
That sure is a CG trailer. But it's Respawn, all the stars are aligned and I'm sure this will be good. I'm digging the design, I'm just glad this isn't just JEDI ROBES, which I've had enough of.

Also finally, wall running! SHAME THAT ISN'T IN APEX.

Oct 25, 2017
I expected more from this reveal trailer... hard to even name a single thing that I really like from it. The artistic design isn't doing it for me. And the editing of that wall jump looks so bad and there's something off about the animations as well. Damn, I really want to see some gameplay now.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
and here i thought people would be hyped for a single player star wars game
EA just can’t win, no matter what.

More than anything I’m absolutely hyped about Respawn’s ability to create a compelling single player campaign. I assume it’ll be great. Imagine people being this critical about Titanfall 2 which turned out to be fantastic, just like pretty much all of their released games.

Oct 27, 2017
EA just can’t win, no matter what.

More than anything I’m absolutely hyped about Respawn’s ability to create a compelling single player campaign. I assume it’ll be great. Imagine people being this critical about Titanfall 2 which turned out to be fantastic, just like pretty much all of their released games.
What are you on about? Poorly done reveal is EA and Respawns fault. Presentation was bland, trailer looks bland

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of funny considering Lucasarts cancelled "1313" because it was very much that.
Despite how unexciting this trailer was, I still have more faith in Respawn making a fun game in the end than 1313, which while it had an interesting set/premise, looked like straight up Uncharted In Space.

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

I don't think it did? Or just very little as to be insignificant. Nevermind I'm wrong

Haha dude, the 2nd character is from Wolfenstein: TNC. I think both are indeed modeled after the same actress though.
Not Sekiro, our first trailer for that was the teaser at the game awards.

I think of this as a teaser trailer like we see for movies these days. Designed to make you want to see more, not think you’ve seen everything already.

Sep 29, 2018
If this was a trailer for a movie or TV series I'd be down.

But.... As a trailer for a game it gives me nothing. If it weren't for external information, I wouldn't even know what type of game this even is.

Oct 26, 2017
....is this supposed to be a bad thing?
Of all the stages of Lucasarts, by far my least favorite was when they just shoehorned other games wholesale into a Star Wars setting.

Force Unleashed! It's God of War... in Star Wars!
...which is why you can't kill an AT-ST with a lightsaber without doing a QTE

Galactic Battlegrounds! It's Age of Empires... in Star Wars!
...which is why you begin each battle by sending out droids to cut down trees for wood carbon

I want my Star Wars games to be about Star Wars, not other games I already own wrapped up in a Star Wars skin. They're like total conversion mods that are sold to you.

Oct 27, 2017
Not Sekiro, our first trailer for that was the teaser at the game awards.

I think of this as a teaser trailer like we see for movies these days. Designed to make you want to see more, not think you’ve seen everything already.
The Sekiro teaser was like 20 seconds long, lol, to be fair.

This wasn’t a teaser, it was a story trailer, which is fine... but I think most people know you can tell a great story in the SW universe. Can you make a fun SW game to play though? They didn’t really answer that question, which became more and more frustrating as they kept harping on the gameplay of the game (that they didn’t show) as they sat and talked about it at the event.