• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 3, 2017
That may have been the most boring-ass protagonist they could've come up with. I'd rather play Carth Onasi than him.

Though if I get lightsaber combat and story? Hmmmmm... Lightsabers.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the possible permutations available to them when creating a new Star Wars character they went with a generic white dude named Cal. Really stretched yourselves there Respawn.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda reminds me of starkiller, but with hair
Starkiller.png
Lol he does look like him

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting.

I thought it would have used the frostbite engine.

So far so good let's hope they don't add unnecessary shit

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. I will play this. The Titanfall engine seems like a good fit for Star Wars if what they're hinting at in this CG trailer is to be believed.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Guess that confirms the rumors from earlier. Sounds good!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...upposed_leaks_about_jedi_fallen_order_from_a/
  • Canon
  • Basic story is already leaked in the wild (no idea where to find), better and more impressive than BF2 one.
  • Backpack companion droid.
  • Gameplay will be compared to Dark Souls, being good at parry like in Sekiro will help, you will feel like a Jedi.
  • You go from planet to planet, not completely linear but not open world either, you get to an area and explore trying to continue the narrative. (My note: he hinted in a way of upgrading your itens and finding new ones on each planet)
  • Wallrunning/parkour was hinted at.
  • It will aesthetically resemble Rogue One and Solo while also having some of the Prequels flair (My note: EPIII is the best SW movie :) ).
  • Made in UE4, singleplayer only.
  • Its no action game a la Devil May Cry or God of War (My note: i think he meant old GoWs).
  • Much longer than 5 hours.
  • This will be an expansion of SW lore, tho going back to known planets was teased.
  • Pre made male protag.
  • Big opening, Inquisitors were teased.
  • It resembles Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed with a bit of a Uncharted (My note: no Force spam tho and from what i understand the comparison to FU goes only to being a 3rd person action game).
  • Cool enemies confirmed
  • This is a weird one: he posted a gif of a dude saying "Hi gorgeous, im Jerome" (i think its from Gotham?) then he later posted another gif of the same character with the text "you wanna be a hero?", i really dont know dafuq that means (My note: probably hinting as to who is playing the protag)
  • The game may or may not have MTX, tho he said it wouldnt hinder your enjoyment if it had.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Bor. Ing.

I'll wait for gameplay reveal, but yeessh. Star Wars feels tired, and the EA era has been terrible.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
An EA game without MTX?? Singleplayer? Pff late April fools joke or what?

And even in Unreal 4, I was just about to be a bit pessimistic, given all the Issues Bioware had with Frostbite. Hopefully, this will be good.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
CG trailers... ok, I dont mind when they used but goddamn. This isn't a trailer for a movie I'm looking forward to, it's a freaking video game, I'd like to see what I'd actually could be potentially playing at some point. Something.

Teasers and hype culture, man.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Can we maybe tone it tone it down with the "generic white guy" talk? I think it's really offensive to the actor.

Anyways, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd love a game that takes place after order 66.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer turned me from hype to not very interested. That key art from earlier in the week had me hoping for a moody, isolated experience. Clearly this will not be that.

I just genuinely do not like that games have to be in the canon. It limits things so much. Every other medium has tons of great Star Wars content and games just aren't hitting the mark for me.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not even a little.

It's a Respawn game, it's a single-player only AAA action/adventure title with no microtransactions, it stars a great young actor, there's deep lore ties from the comics and Rebels and the post Order 66 storyline sounds awesome.

I'm over this "everything sucks" cynicism here. It sounds like a great game and it's made by a great team, yeah, I'm excited.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Ok, im interested. Hoped for an older protagonist though. Or an option to chose between the genders

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer did absolutely nothing for me. Need gameplay

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I know you're trying to be snarky but a guy that age would have to be a padawan that survived Order 66.

I just hope we get some character customisation. It's 2019, so the least that they could do is give a choice between a male or female protagonist.
I'm mildly annoyed because I missed that detail somehow and just thought he was a regular Joe worker.

I'm not expecting character customisation on this one, since they seem to be emphasizing the actors performance here.

Hero.of.Lgnd

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminds me of all the people calling Arthur Morgan generic and boring when the Red Dead 2 trailers came out

Gamers have such a short memory

Thank you for bringing this up. I had the same thoughts about Arthur from the trailers (although I waited to play the game before making up my mind). And in the end his character is what, for me at least, saved the game.