• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, MP focused FPS titles. They've yet to do a story-focused, third person action game.

Neither Medal of Honor nor Call of Duty were MP focused titles back in the day, Call of Duty didn't swap to MP focused until Call of Duty 4 and even then that game by them is easily the modern Call of Duty with the most popular/well liked campaign. Medal of Honor + Call of Duty 1 & 2 were both renown for their single player, not their multiplayer.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I would have loved to see a story about a Jedi apprentice to Old Luke and then either joining up with Kylo Ren as a Knight of Ren or a survivor turned vagabond / drifter / whatever. The 66 era stuff I feel like is a pretty complete story with not too much narrative breathing room.

Maybe next time.

Ugh...

Now I'm imagining this guy as the Dick Grayson to Kylo's Jason Toddd and it makes me sad 😞

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. Trailer didn't look like anything particularly special. Show me some gameplay.

Was kinda just unimpressed by Luke Jr. as well.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh...

Now I'm imagining this guy as the Dick Grayson to Kylo's Jason Toddd and it makes me sad 😞

that a good thing or...I can't tell if you want that or not sorry lol I don't know DC stuff. Good sad?

Would love to see KoR stuff fleshed out. I guess we're gunna get that with 9 but would be sweet to have some storyline in conjunction with.

Dax

Oct 25, 2017
Looking better than I expected, I haven''t been this interested in a Star Wars property in awhile and the lead character looks great. Should be a breathe of fresh air after the last lot of movies.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the game is helmed by Stig who helmed GoW3 and features the combat designer of GoW3 and Ascension I believe. Add that to the fact that TF2 has one of the best single player campaigns in shooters, which isn't overshadowed by other non-shooters just because it is a shooter, and I think there's a high probability that it'll be fine. I've never played a game with Chris Avellone doing any type of narrative/character writing but people seem to swear by him, so there's that as well.

Stop everything and go play KOTOR 2. Chris Avellone is the best star wars writer on the planet.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the feeling that was real time. Because to me, there are 3 categories of cutscenes:

1. Real time - self explanatory, I suppose, and can support clothing and weapon changes by player showing up in them at will.
2. In Engine - Using game assets for the most part and done in house by developers. However, is using settings that can't be rendered in real time due to loading times, design constraints, or settings higher than the hardware can accommodate when you have to add in AI and other gameplay elements. If something like this was truly real time, developers would be telling us so in order to impress us, they wouldn't use more obfuscated language like in engine.
3. Outsourced CGI - Not using in game assets at all and all and may be farmed out to known teams like Blur, etc. Night and day difference in quality from gameplay.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
that a good thing or...I can't tell if you want that or not sorry lol I don't know DC stuff. Good sad?

Would love to see KoR stuff fleshed out. I guess we're gunna get that with 9 but would be sweet to have some storyline in conjunction with.

For me it's a good thing since Dick Grayson is probably my favourite superhero.

Essentially Grayson is Robin no 1, He's a good/great hero but walks away from it all due to having a falling out with Batman (Bruce Wayne) later when Bruce is hurt and no one else can fill the void he returns to Gotham, becomes Batman and raises Bruce's kid. Grayson is really good.

Jason Todd was Robin no 2. Edgy street kid, bad attitude. Supposedly was killed by the Joker after fans voted to kill him off in a poll. Returns later as a villain/antihero known as The Red Hood. He serves himself, will both fight and commit crimes. Is ok with killing as he blames Bruce not killing Joker for much of Gotham's issues.

——————————-

In Star Wars terms.

Imagine if Luke trained an Ashoka Tano type before he trained Kylo. This would focus on that training then it would leave them free to return post episode 9

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Cameron Monaghan's a good actor but I'm skeptical this'll make good use of him.

Hope the gameplay works.

Zubalon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
This looks better than all the new movies !! Lol at the boring main character people .. Find something else to complain about "like gameplay story etc etc " that matters. Very excited !!!

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Stig made the best and grandest God of War game in his time, fulfilling all the promises (and then some) that GoW 2's epic ending set up. I do trust him, but he's not at Santa Monica studios anymore.

Eager to see more. In watching it again, I do think that trailer gave us glimpses into gameplay and combat.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yes I am? Is that so hard to conclude from what I said?

If you were a redhead, like I am, who's been ridiculed and maligned a good portion of your life for your God given hair, and you now see more and more representation or your hair type in the media...you would understand.

Being put down just because your hair is red/ginger is one of the most prevalent and somehow accepted forms of persecution on the planet...its led to many, many bouts of depression for me in my high school years, and I'm sure many others have had the same experience.

Seeing Cal, a Jedi, rocking the same hair as me....brought a happy tear to my eye no joke.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
If i wanted to watch a movie trailer, i would've just hit up youtube. i wanted to see a game.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
whatever the protag is, the trailer was just blah. lame cutscenes, lame dialogue, and the music didnt do it any favors. i have faith in repawn and stig to deliver gameplay wise, but yeh this was underwhelming.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Yall talk about generic white dude but as a semi-ginger I dont mind having a red haired male protagonist atleast once. (Last one in a AAA game was Crono?)

Overall Im hyped by the news about the team and the premise, this could be good.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I liked what I saw. Epic feel. That's great. The white dude main character seems cool. I'm excited for it.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Stig made GoW 3 look pretty, but the game is the weakest in the series.
2. Titanfall 2 had an amazing SP campaign, but that was due to gameplay and level design, not so much story.
3. I don't know the extent Avellone worked on the game, he's been freelancing a lot lately so his name attached to something doesn't mean much to me.

All that said, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm more concerned with Lucasfilm hampering their every story idea and move.
In terms of narrative GoW3 might've been the worst but in terms of gameplay, that definitely isn't the case. It seems like your biggest concern isn't gameplay at all but rather the story. Star Wars has an excellent mythos but the actual characterization and over-arching narratives are normally kinda shitty. So in that sense, it really can't get any more nonsensical or rehashed than the films so that's kinda your silver lining in this.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Come through gay Jesus.

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
Looks absolutely horrendously boring. It looks and feels nothing like Star Wars and looks just like your everyday, cookie-cutter generic, run of the mill Hollywood action popcorn flick.

Also: No gameplay footage = This game has no gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Being put down just because your hair is red/ginger is one of the most prevalent and somehow accepted forms of persecution on the planet.

Don't do this.

At the end of the day, I fell for the hype with the reveal. In such close proximity to E3, I should have guessed there would be no gameplay, it just makes sense

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
When they make the force unleashed comparisons it's really frightening. Trailer ok though. Want to see some gameplay.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Star Wars discussion is such a fucking trash fire. And I'm not talking about the people asking for some representation, I'm talking about the idiot reactionaries that plague the fan base.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Has a good staff behind it, but I assume he croaks in the end. That's the problem with prequel cannon. I'm withholding my opinion until we see some gameplay and get a sense of the plot. No sense in judging something by a trailer.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
When was the last time we got a big reveal with game play??
Sekiro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
off the top of my head, god of war ps4
I don't think it did? Or just very little as to be insignificant. Nevermind I'm wrong
Could be the same character at two different points in time. People do cut their hair, after all!
Haha dude, the 2nd character is from Wolfenstein: TNC. I think both are indeed modeled after the same actress though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do this.

At the end of the day, I fell for the hype with the reveal. In such close proximity to E3, I should have guessed there would be no gameplay, it just makes sense
There was such a good thread on redheads early in Era's first year.

Not to say yeah, of course there's bullying, but how some made being a redhead is equivalent to being a person of color. It was hilarious.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
As a father of two lovely gingers I appreciate this inclusion. It's about damn time.
I'm stoked also: it's really cool :)
Um, don't do what exactly?

I'm 100% serious about the redhead persecution I stated, and have lived through, mate.

Seeing a redheaded Jedi is actually so amazing to me, it's hard to put into words: makes me super proud/happy.

There was such a good thread on redheads early in Era's first year.

Not to say yeah, of course there's bullying, but how some made being a redhead is equivalent to being a person of color. It was hilarious.

Of course there's bullying....if you were on the receiving end, you wouldn't play this down like this.

RaiOh

Nov 12, 2017
I don't get the feeling that was real time. Because to me, there are 3 categories of cutscenes:

1. Real time - self explanatory, I suppose, and can support clothing and weapon changes by player showing up in them at will.
2. In Engine - Using game assets for the most part and done in house by developers. However, is using settings that can't be rendered in real time due to loading times, design constraints, or settings higher than the hardware can accommodate when you have to add in AI and other gameplay elements. If something like this was truly real time, developers would be telling us so in order to impress us, they wouldn't use more obfuscated language like in engine.
3. Outsourced CGI - Not using in game assets at all and all and may be farmed out to known teams like Blur, etc. Night and day difference in quality from gameplay.
They said in engine just before showing the trailer if I remember right.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This has been... quite the read. I never thought I'd see red headed white people of all things claiming " persecution". It's baffling and insulting, but I am in a Star Wars thread, where nothing is ever sane.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle

For the hundredth time:
aL7DiqM.png