• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Love Cameron in Gotham so pretty happy he is in this. The Xbox description has got me way more hyped then the trailer did though.

Oct 26, 2017
I did like the story in this trailer, could be good if they make it dark enough.
I really hope we get to customize our own character, but i guess this is a type of fixed character game unfortunately.

also I would have liked gameplay segments tied in to the trailer. To release a trailer with just stupid ass in game cinematic scenes in todays gaming scene is so out of touch with the fan base of gaming.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Stig arguably made the best gow, which is probably the most epic game I've ever played.

The gameplay / combat is not a concern whatsoever.

And novice Jedi (padawan) on the run premise during the empires rise is an exciting premise.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It had like a 10-15 min gameplay reveal. Most PlayStation first party games have long gameplay reveals these days. It's definitely the best way to kick off marketing in my opinion.
Agreed. I was immediately interested in Horizon and Nioh thanks to that.
Already acknowledged that I misremembered, no need to rub it in :P

Oct 27, 2017
They said in engine just before showing the trailer if I remember right.
For the hundredth time:
aL7DiqM.png
But rendered in engine and rendered in real time are not the same thing, at least to me. Certainly I could wrong. But that's the only reason I posted what I did and explained why I felt they are different, because people confuse them. Rendered in engine, to me, is just doing exactly as it implies and using the engine to create a cutscene as the developers intend.

But just because the engine is used for the cutscene doesn't for a moment mean it always going to be rendered in real time. The developers can choose to render to video for a myriad of reasons from load times to performance. I feel like the developers would use the term real time if it actually was. The two terms of in engine and real time exist separately from each other for a reason.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed in lack of gameplay, but the names behind this game got me eagerly anticipating some more.

Lol hopefully it'll run on my Surface Book. I don't think these games ever came out on Sony platforms so if my laptop can't run them, I'm assed out.
The game came out in like 2004; running it off of integrated graphics would be overkill for that game.

Make sure you look for some mods too. If not the restored content mods, at least some of the bug fixes. But the restored content mods are a must.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing reactions to say the least.

I think it looks good and I can't wait to see more. I wonder how using force abilities will work given that using them openly could get you killed. Wonder if Ashoka or Obi-Wan will make a cameo.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the reveal did suck but again, I feel this was more Disney wanting an early reveal for Celebration. Limiting the panel to talk about things like character design and a new Sith inquisitor and such.

The developers even stressed on stage that there is much more than what they talked about here, like they knew this reveal lacked substance of what we expect from a game reveal.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in for some linear action adventure tbh. Loved UC4 to death so here is hoping it's similar in its focus.

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Came here wanting to be excited for an epic star wars story. Left underwhelmed at generic game with star wars tacked on

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why we can't just get more Kyle Katarn-type games but with modern graphics and stuff.

It prints money, dammit.

Shooter action, Jedi powers, RPG-like progression, vehicle and space ship combat, amazing visuals, exotic locales, Star Wars universe - it should literally print all the money in the world.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
MC looks like he's ripped straight out some Netflix teen drama. The trailer didn't do much for me, CG ones rarely do, but it's Respawn so I remain somewhat optimistic. KOTOR sorta ruined the video game Jedi, though. Sith have better fashion, better lightsabers, much cooler powers, and more fascinating lore .

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like anyone who feels the protagonist is "generic" must be unfamiliar with Cameron Monaghan's acting. He's a good actor with a pretty weird and distinctive presence. I think his casting signals that they're going to do some interesting character work here. I like the way the narration suggests an internal struggle to keep your secrets hidden.

Would have liked to have seen more vistas and combat, but this was a solid intro to the character, and leaves them room to reveal a lot more at E3.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It's always funny to me when people say stuff like "the character model is bland" for models ripped directly from actors like Cameron Monaghan in this and Sam Witwer in Days Gone. Like, both dudes (especially Witwer) have fairly unique faces and stage presences in the works they appear in, and... Like, that's how they look. It'd be like saying Jean Reno in Onimusha 3 looks generic. Imagine someone telling you that your face was bland, when in the acting world the opposite is true.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Huh, I really liked it. It did more for me than the IX teaser.

Each to their own, I suppose. Might just be because I'm hungover atm...

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
It's always funny to me when people say stuff like "the character model is bland" for models ripped directly from actors like Cameron Monaghan in this and Sam Witwer in Days Gone. Like, both dudes (especially Witwer) have fairly unique faces and stage presences in the works they appear in, and... Like, that's how they look. It'd be like saying Jean Reno in Onimusha 3 looks generic. Imagine someone telling you that your face was bland, when in the acting world the opposite is true.
Good point. NO ONE who has seen Monaghan's performance in Gotham would describe him as "bland faced." He's a very dynamic facial actor who brings a lot to the table.
Huh, I really liked it. It did more for me than the IX teaser.

Each to their own, I suppose. Might just be because I'm hungover atm...
It has more actual storytelling than the Episode 9 trailer. It built the character and the drama of the situation. The 9 trailer had some cool shots and vague voice-over, but it didn't have any real story context or stakes.

Oct 29, 2017

But that would require people to actually think. Too hard for the star wars fanbase.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
i must say i don't really like this new main character. he looks like hes from a CW show.
Art style is in my opinion also not very good.
BUT i trust in Respawn. So far i liked all their games.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, that's a poor trailer. Feels like it's selling itself on "look, a Star Wars game where you're a jedi" and I don't think that's enough these days, especially not with the way EA has consistently bungled the Star Wars franchise. They need to show what sets it apart from all the other AAA games they're competing with this year and not rely entirely on the Star Wars license. I'm surprised anyone thinks that trailer is CG though, it's nowhere near that polished. It's clearly in-engine.

As far as the protagonist goes, he does look like a generic white dude but I think a biggest factor in him seeming generic is that the trailer did absolutely nothing to sell us on the writing or performances. Nail those and it won't matter what he looks like but as is, there's absolutely nothing about him to be interested in. He just comes off as generic videogame dude #89445.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
What a boring looking protagonist. Actually, all characters look very uninteresting to be honest. Zero excited about this game but then again I'm not a big start wars fan so maybe it's also that.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds this gets drudged up with all future SWJFO threads?
never-tell-me-the-odds-gif.gif

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
One thing I find is that Star Wars fans are incredibly hard to please, no matter what is put out in any entertainment medium there is ton of complaints.

I thought the trailer was okay. It gave us a background of what the story is going to be about. What's up with this entitlement of having gameplay in the first trailer? It is not necessarily restricted to this game, but all games in general. Everyone wants everything yesterday, and the threads are getting tedious to read due to that.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a boring looking protagonist. Actually, all characters look very uninteresting to be honest. Zero excited about this game but then again I'm not a big start wars fan so maybe it's also that.
He's an actor scanned into the game. Not a terrible one either, he's pretty decent on Shameless. And on Gotham as various versions of The Joker. I wonder who else auditioned for this.
cameron-monaghan.jpg

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
The trailer got me pretty damn hyped and I found it infinitely better than the movie trailer. But I see I am in minority here lol.
I loved the main character in Gotham too so pretty stoked to see what he brings here.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Don't care about Star Wars at all but Cameron Monaghan as the main character makes me mildly interested in the game. Great actor.