• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Me too. I sort of assumed because it showed characters chatting in bars which usually leads to dialogue choices and that implies RPG and so on and so on.

Dude that's a glorified FMV the game is gonna have a 3 min cutscene in a bar then "something happens" and you're stranded in some area having to use awkward platforming and fighting goons.

If they had a full city to explore and NPCs etc... I think they would have mentioned it while the key points to them was "story and combat".

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to really judge it without seeing gameplay but everything that leaked so far makes it sounds good.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
To be fair, the entire point of the Jedi Council's depiction in the prequels was to show that they were a bunch of toothless dolts twiddling their thumbs while Palpatine/Darth Sidious rose to power under their noses.
Im not too sure about that, i think that was Lucas's poor writing honestly, Clone Wars & the EU don't show them incompetent, maybe more arrogant.

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
I understand people wanting to see gameplay (i did too), but it seems people are writing off this game form a reveal trailer, which is ludicrous. To me, the trailer looked similar to spider-man PS4 story trailers for some reason. I don't know why.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not too sure about that, i think that was Lucas's poor writing honestly, Clone Wars & the EU don't show them incompetent, maybe more arrogant.

I s'pose it was a bit of both. They refused to believe the Sith were even back at all until Qui-Gon was murdered by one and they were all too eager to aid the Republic in fighting the Separatists just because Dooku was on the other side, yet Palpatine was right under their nose for years and they had no idea he was playing both sides of the war in a game only he knew they were playing.

It doesn't help that the Jedi never would've lost if they hadn't basically pushed Anakin into Palpatine's open arms, either. If they had tried to integrate him more, keeping him in the loop rather than excluding him all the time, and didn't abandon their own people like they did with Ahsoka, I don't even know if Anakin would have joined Palpatine.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
He's an actor scanned into the game. Not a terrible one either, he's pretty decent on Shameless. And on Gotham as various versions of The Joker. I wonder who else auditioned for this.
cameron-monaghan.jpg
Is that really him? Looks completely different. But anyway, I meant boring more in respect to the acting and expressiveness shown in the trailer, looked really out of place and not engaging.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Lot's of people are worried about the non-existent gameplay.
Many people are asking "Whats the catch?"
EA has done a good job at destroying consumer confidence in their games.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lot's of people are worried about the non-existent gameplay.
Many people are asking "Whats the catch?"
EA has done a good job at destroying consumer confidence in their games.
I mean can you blame consumers after battlefront 2, battlefield V, and anthem

That said, I'm liking this trailer more and more as I rewatch it, and Respawn is easily EA's best dev, so I'm still excited for the game

Deleted member 3196

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between Disney fucking up nearly everything Star Wars, and EA fucking up Star Wars games specifically, I'm giving this wide berth before I buy.

And even if I wanted to pre-order, a CG hype trailer is not gonna convince many to plonk down cash at this stage.

karim

Oct 27, 2017
I think if Sony wants to take a swing at the mobile market again, they'd be better off trying to make a PS4 SKU that copies the Switch's form factor. Give it that console's full library, plus a continuing stream of indies (that will publish on the console for years to come regardless). Mix that with good PS5 BC, and you'd have something extremely attractive.
Nah, you don't have to justify your own opinion because it seems to go against what the norm is in this thread.

The trailer looked brilliant, because it was. I'm hyped to see more.

I very much enjoyed the trailer as well and it did exactly what I expected. It teased what is to come, and boy do I want to see more.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
If you shown me just the the trailer and no bits at the end that says it made by respawn etc then I would say it's an old cartoon movie that looks garbage.

Until game play is shown I can't understand how anyone can give an opinion on this being a game.

I think most people have better ideas for a star wars game than the ideas in this.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
The trailer was fine, just fine.

Wouldn't the trailer be Lucasfilm and Disney mandated though, given its at Star Wars celebration? I remember the first Battlefront trailers showed fuck all.

Aug 26, 2018
Why are most of you expecting gameplay here?

This was a tease, the gameplay trailer will come during E3 and Gamescom and they will go big!

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
its the first reveal trailer, what were you all expecting??

AAA games always have a big story/ cinemtaic traioler first then gameplay etc come later

Its Respawn, thye know what they are doing

I'm looking forwrd to see more detals

Jan 9, 2018
Sekiro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

I don't think it did? Or just very little as to be insignificant. Nevermind I'm wrong

Haha dude, the 2nd character is from Wolfenstein: TNC. I think both are indeed modeled after the same actress though.

Sekiro reveal wasnt gameplay. Just said shadows die twice and that was it.
Reveal came way later. A ton of people thought it was bloodborne 2

Jan 9, 2018
They have gameplay to show the game launches in 7 months which means it goes gold in what 5-6 months which means its almost finished.
They probably have a set rollout for pr/marketing so they can get extra press coverage up to launch since its a relatively fast turn around.
Show trailer at star wars experience
Show gameplay at ea play
Have hands on press event in summer
Bring to trade shows in fall
Launch in November
We see this for a lot of games.
They have obligations to contracts with events and companies for content. I doubt they have anything to hide.

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
This thread sucks.
Jumping to conclusions and gamer entitlement at its best.

Looking forward to it Respawn.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Very excited about this. I love SWs, but the games have either been MP focused of late or just flat out sucked. I trust Stig.

I also just want a simple single player campaign--no MTX bullshit.

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hard to be optimistic about the animations when they are pretty average in a scripted trailer.

I don't like jumping to conclusions from a teaser but it just screams budget Star Wars to me.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For me it's a good thing since Dick Grayson is probably my favourite superhero.

Essentially Grayson is Robin no 1, He's a good/great hero but walks away from it all due to having a falling out with Batman (Bruce Wayne) later when Bruce is hurt and no one else can fill the void he returns to Gotham, becomes Batman and raises Bruce's kid. Grayson is really good.

Jason Todd was Robin no 2. Edgy street kid, bad attitude. Supposedly was killed by the Joker after fans voted to kill him off in a poll. Returns later as a villain/antihero known as The Red Hood. He serves himself, will both fight and commit crimes. Is ok with killing as he blames Bruce not killing Joker for much of Gotham's issues.

——————————-

In Star Wars terms.

Imagine if Luke trained an Ashoka Tano type before he trained Kylo. This would focus on that training then it would leave them free to return post episode 9

Dammit...that sounds really really awesome...thanks for explaining that to me. Man now I'm sad too

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why we can't just get more Kyle Katarn-type games but with modern graphics and stuff.

It prints money, dammit.

Shooter action, Jedi powers, RPG-like progression, vehicle and space ship combat, amazing visuals, exotic locales, Star Wars universe - it should literally print all the money in the world.

Yes! Why isn't anyone just doing a reinterpretation of these games? It's basically all there, just go and copy the lightsaber physics and handling mechanics and you're golden.

This looks more like a uncharted title so in the end it'll come down to story/writing but count me in on not feeling the main character.

And lol at people arguing the guy is a good actor with good facial expression... that's not really the point here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
the whole look of the game is just off.

this. right here. looks like some 90s CG. technically thats impressive i guess but everything just looks.... awkward.

its respawn though, i imagine they'll nail the gameplay, but this is without question a disappointing first showing.

Crazy_KiD_169

Jun 21, 2018
It's always funny to me when people say stuff like "the character model is bland" for models ripped directly from actors like Cameron Monaghan in this and Sam Witwer in Days Gone. Like, both dudes (especially Witwer) have fairly unique faces and stage presences in the works they appear in, and... Like, that's how they look. It'd be like saying Jean Reno in Onimusha 3 looks generic. Imagine someone telling you that your face was bland, when in the acting world the opposite is true.

We all know the real reason they are saying that and it's because he is white. 🙄🤷🏽‍♂️

Oct 29, 2017
UK
That sure is a CG trailer. But it's Respawn, all the stars are aligned and I'm sure this will be good. I'm digging the design, I'm just glad this isn't just JEDI ROBES, which I've had enough of.

Also finally, wall running! SHAME THAT ISN'T IN APEX.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I expected more from this reveal trailer... hard to even name a single thing that I really like from it. The artistic design isn't doing it for me. And the editing of that wall jump looks so bad and there's something off about the animations as well. Damn, I really want to see some gameplay now.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was about as generic as it gets. And they could've made a less visually interesting protagonist if they tried.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
and here i thought people would be hyped for a single player star wars game
EA just can't win, no matter what.

More than anything I'm absolutely hyped about Respawn's ability to create a compelling single player campaign. I assume it'll be great. Imagine people being this critical about Titanfall 2 which turned out to be fantastic, just like pretty much all of their released games.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh @ using a full pre-rendered CGI trailer for revealing something that is coming in the next six months or so.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
EA just can't win, no matter what.

More than anything I'm absolutely hyped about Respawn's ability to create a compelling single player campaign. I assume it'll be great. Imagine people being this critical about Titanfall 2 which turned out to be fantastic, just like pretty much all of their released games.
What are you on about? Poorly done reveal is EA and Respawns fault. Presentation was bland, trailer looks bland

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wish people wouldn't keep dropping in here talking about how bland the guy looks. It's a real person, he's not designed lol.