• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
cKuoBFQ.gif

Developer:
Respawn Entertainment

Release Date:
Nov 15, 2019

Platforms:
PC, PS4, XB1

Price:

$59.99, $69.99 (deluxe edition)

AfwY0vD.gif

PREMISE

A galaxy-spanning adventure awaits in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™, a new third-person action-adventure title from Respawn Entertainment. This narratively driven, single-player game puts you in the role of a Jedi Padawan who narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. On a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order, you must pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities and master the art of the iconic lightsaber - all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors.

While mastering your abilities, players will engage in cinematically charged lightsaber and Force combat designed to deliver the kind of intense Star Wars lightsaber battles as seen in the films. Players will need to approach enemies strategically, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your Jedi training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path.

Star Wars fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear and enemies while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to Star Wars. As part of this authentic Star Wars story, fans will delve into a galaxy recently seized by the Empire. As a Jedi hero-turned-fugitive, players will need to fight for survival while exploring the mysteries of a long-extinct civilization all in an effort to rebuild the remnants of the Jedi Order as the Empire seeks to erase the Jedi completely.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

minimum:

64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10
Processor (AMD): FX-6100 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i3-3220 or Equivalent
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics card (AMD): Radeon HD 7750 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 650 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Hard-drive space: 55 GB

recommended:

64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10
Processor (AMD): Ryzen 7 1700 or Equivalent
Processor (Intel): i7-6700K or Equivalent
Memory: 16 GB
Graphics card (AMD): RX Vega 56 or Equivalent
Graphics card (NVIDIA): GTX 1070 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Hard-drive space: 55 GB

G9ijC7Z.gif

SCREENSHOTS

9khUlyq.gif

What does the deluxe edition include?
127513.jpg

Does the game have multiplayer?
No

So, is this game a soulslike or what?
Pretty much. There's bonfires that you can meditate at. when you do enemies respawn. you lose your XP when you die. you can recover your XP at the spot at which it was lost. It's got parries and dodging and combat is more defensive and methodical. There's shortcuts to unlock and estus flask-like healing. Enemies have a stagger meter a la Sekiro. There's Platforming and Tombs with puzzles like Uncharted. There's also a bit of Metroid Prime in there for good measure.

Who is this Cal Kestis dude anyway?
Padawan that escaped order 66 played by a real actor named Cameron Monaghan

Will this game feature any microtransactions?
No

Is there DLC planned for this game?
There has not been any details regarding post launch support for this title

Trophy list?
A New Hope – Earn all trophies
Kicking Back – Kick a phillak that has kicked you
Collector – Collect all chests and secrets
Legendary Beasts – Defeat four mysterious creatures
Feel the Force – Unlock all Jedi skills
A Galaxy Far, Far Away – Complete all of BD-1's holomaps
Trust Only In The Force – Complete the story
The Mantis – Join the crew
A Long Time Ago – Discover the Bogano Vault
The Obstacle is the Way – Complete the Tomb of Eilram
Everything is Connected – Complete the Tomb of Miktrull
The Holocron Awaits – Open the Vault
Happy Go Wookiee – Free the Wookiees from Imperial imprisonment
Her Name Was Masana Tide – Defeat the Ninth Sister
Visiting Alderaan Places – Explore the crashed Venator
Gorgara Falls – Defeat the winged terror on Dathomir
For A More Civilized Age – Craft a lightsaber of your own
I Knew He Was No Good – Defeat a former Jedi Master
Back At You – Defeat 50 enemies with reflected blaster bolts
Perfect Timing – Parry 100 enemies
Kickoff – Defeat an enemy using only kicks
Triple Take – Defeat 3 enemies using a single lightsaber throw
What Goes Around… – Defeat an enemy with their own Slowed blaster bolt
Big Bang – Defeat 20 enemies with explosives
Don't Mess With BD-1 – Defeat an enemy with a hacked droid
Can't Touch This – Precision Evade 100 attacks
Look Out Below – Send 25 enemies over the edge
Not So Fast – Defeat 25 enemies while they are under the effect of Empowered Slow
Bank Shot – Defeat an enemy by colliding them with another enemy
Blade Master – Hit a single enemy with all lightsaber types
Cal Got Your Tongue? – Slice an oggdo's tongue
Medical Droid – Find all of BD-1's stim canisters
Green Thumb – Have a fully grown terrarium
Full House – Recruit all possible crew members for the Mantis
Data Disk – Find all of BD-1's encrypted logs
Sabersmith – Fully customize your lightsaber
The Full Glow-Up – Customize the look of Cal, BD-1, and the Mantis
Data Collector – Scan all enemy types
Scum and Villainy – Defeat each type of Bounty Hunter
Echo Location – Discover 75 Force Echoes

What are the lightsaber colours Cal can get?
the blue and green colours are available from the start. the orange crystal is a preorder bonus. not sure on whether it can be found in the world. as for the other five colours (cyan,indigo, magenta, yellow and purple), you'll have to find lightsaber crystals to unlock them. they can be earned after mission rewards, found in chests or appear in a vendor's inventory

Does the game support HDR?
Yes

Okay, does a certain someone make an appearance in the game?
swmemerojsg.png

Is this 60fps on console?
There's a performance mode on the X and Pro. it hits 60fps with dips. I'll post the DF analysis when that drops

How long is the game?
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=60145 (i'm sure this will update soon)

Does the game have difficulty options?
Yes. There are four different difficulties to chose from

ukB4McH.gif

Easy Allies 9/10

Star Wars is a beloved series, and when a new game comes out, some particular hopes and expectations come with it. There are excellent games in the franchise, but it's been a while since they've reached those heights. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has combat that feels tight and impactful, and exploring each of its imaginative worlds gives a great sense of discovery. It's a fantastic title that stands as one of the best Star Wars games yet.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order makes up for a lot of lost time with a fantastic single-player action-adventure that marks the return of the playable Jedi.

It's true that Fallen Order borrows liberally from other action games, but those elements work together with Respawn's combat and environment design, and a story that finds humanity in the Force and in its characters, to hone in on what makes the world of Star Wars worthy of revisiting again and again. Even with some rough edges, Fallen Order represents one of the most compelling game additions to the Star Wars franchise in years.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order comes painfully close to being the best action game of the year, but it ultimately falls short due to pacing problems and a host of technical issues. Still, this is the first step into a larger world for a franchise that has persistently struggled since its acquisition by EA.

metacritic
opencritic

RELEVENT THREADS

Star Wars |OT| NO LEAKS
PC Performance thread
Reddit impressions thread
Previews thread
E3 Gameplay Demo thread

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

NFr7iGW.gif

SW Era discord link
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

special thanks to iFirez for the glorious headers
thanks to Much for the great gif
thanks to Nagito for helping out
and special thanks to Angie22 for the help as well

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Gorgeous OP!

giphy.gif

Edit: Assuming the Origin version is a local unlock, that means I should be able to get some time in tomorrow morning before work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
once I know more about the lightsaber workbench stuff i'll add it to the OP. not a lot of information about it right now

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful OT. I'm still not sold on this game. The last previews have been really good but it all sounds so generic to me and just a mashup of stuff other games did first (and probably better). But maybe this mashup with a star wars coat of paint is good on its own terms. If it reviews well I'll probably get it after finishing Death Stranding

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Holy shit, janusff! You really knocked this one out of the park, as with all your OTs. Awesome!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to try it out. Gonna be a good ride to Rise of Skywalker with this, The Mandalorian, and Battlefront II updates.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely incredible OT! I'm ready for that orange lightsaber ! And some awesome planets to discover.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they lowered the recommended specs to 16GB not long after the initial 32GB reveal. Most sites now reflect the 16GB update.
edit: Updated

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT!

Free free to join the SW Era Discord posted at the bottom of the OP! It can get pretty quiet there but would love to see new faces!

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon is going to be my immediate focus this weekend... but you can bet this'll be immediately after. Heck yeah.

Oct 28, 2019
What a weekend, Pokémon and this. Looking forward to it! And christ, haven't even really touched RDR2 or Disco Elysium yet. What a spectacular end to the year.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this, but I'm only working with a base ps4 so the earlier impressions of stuttering and uneven performance is a little concerning.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
I'm so freaking excited for this. If you had told me that I would be playing a Star Wars game that is inspired by Metroid Prime, Sekiro/Souls, and Uncharted a couple of years ago I never would have believed you. But here we are!

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting installed and ready to play on my Xbox One X. I really wanted to play this on a console for some reason even though my PC is better. I cannot wait for this game to come out.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
For PC players, the Origin version has a rolling midnight unlock and will release first in AU and NZ at midnight AEDT:

t1573736400z0.png

...while the Steam version unlocks worldwide at 8am GMT on the 15th:

t1573804800z0.png

Late edit:
(The Steam version might actually unlock at 5am GMT as per the countdown timer on the front page of the store.)

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Thanks for letting me design the header and banners for the OT janusff - had a blast rushing to make them after work tonight. Hope you all like the OT! Can't wait to start playing the game tomorrow night.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
This is my most anticipated game of the year and I really hope it lives up to all the hype!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Excellent OT.

Still torn on whether I'll pick this up at release or wait for Xmas, since it's one of the few retail PC games I could wishlist for my family lol... (yeah that's not the greatest of reasons I know)

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
cant wait! Picking up the 4th issue of dark temple later tonight. Wish they finished the series before the game came out.