• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I just got this for PC. I was curious if I could run it at 1080p/60... turns out I can, and at Epic quality too.

i5-3570k
rx470 4gb
16gb RAM
860 EVO SSD

it feels like I am getting away with murder.... I kept hearing how hard this was to run so I am baffled how I'm able to run it so smoothly.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the the first big boss fight on Dathomir. I was getting creamed and about halfway through the fight I was literally to the point where one hit would kill me, but I had also figured the boss out. It wouldn't have been a big deal to restart, but it was cool to make it through rest of the fight without getting hit once and dodge all kinds of stuff. I was so thankful after the fight to find a meditation spot, I was worried some enemy might pop out and surprise me because I literally could not take a bit of damage.

The follow-up sequence was not as great, unnecessary QTE type stuff.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
I explored the Venator ship and I didn't 100% explore it.

What am I missing?
The holomap can be trash. For the trophy I had to get back to Zeffo in the first tomb to discover that I was just missing a super tiny nook. It's like using Photoshop's magic wand with the tolerance set to 1

Oct 24, 2019
Wut? Never had this problem. Were you being interrupted? The animation is super fast (especially compared to Estus), but sometimes it does get interrupted.

I had this problem too. Sometimes you hit the button and Cal even yells "Stim, BD!" and then... nothing happens. Like the animation doesn't even trigger even though the sound clip does. It really messes you up if you had a precious window to heal and then you're screwed because the game decides to not be responsive.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
I just picked Fallen Order up in a Xbox One X bundle for £299 which is a insane price to me , especially after I traded in my launch Xbox and brought it down to £219. Have patches improved the issues reported on at the games launch? Not been following things.

Would like to know this as well. Anyone?

Oct 24, 2019
I feel so conflicted on this game. It's weird, because on paper it checks so many boxes for me. I LOVE Soulsbornekiro type games, and I LOVE metroidvania type games, and I like Star Wars a fair bit. Plus, I truly enjoyed the music and visuals in this game, and it has that authentic Star Wars vibe that is a very nebulous & difficult thing to try to capture.

However, I just felt kind of bored throughout much of the game? The story was interesting enough, but I was never dying to find out what happens next. The worlds were gorgeous and had great atmosphere, but exploration felt pretty underwhelming since I knew 9 times out of 10 it would just be another poncho around the corner. I found most of the characters kind of bland and I don't know why.

It doesn't help that the game is just very unpolished and unresponsive, which unfortunately damages the experience a lot when there are so many games that are smooth as butter.

I don't regret my time with the game, but it was also pretty forgettable to me, aside from one very cool sequence at the end.

I haven't felt like this in a long time, where all the elements of something I love seem to be there, but there's some intangible X-factor that kind of makes it fall apart for me.

Still, I'm looking forward to the sequel and hoping for an Uncharted 1->2 type jump in quality!

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
This game feels pretty rough to me. The combat feels mediocre and unresponsive compared to anything soulsborne. I'm finding consistent bugs (mostly visual) as I play, random dips in FPS, and I've had one hard crash to desktop so far (this is on a pretty beefy PC). Backtracking to unlock doors or use a new power to get to a tiny unexplored section to 100% an area is tedious. This game loves sliding down mud/ice wayyyyy too much. Overall movement and controlling your character feels imprecise.

I've still got plenty of game left (I've been getting everything I can on each planet and I'm currently going to Zeffo for my 2nd time). The story is pretty basic run of the mill Star Wars so far, which is fine. I feel like this game could've been something great if the developers had a bit more time. I can't help but feel like this was rushed out the door by EA.

Still, even with my frustrations with the game, I'm enjoying seeing what it has to offer. Perhaps in a sequel they can iron some things out.

This mostly mirrors my experience but I'm on PS4 Pro w/SSD and the performance is utter fucking trash in addition to all the game design criticisms. It's not quite Control-tier "how is this on sale?" but it's in the neighborhood.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Christ, finally finished Zeffo part 2 and went straight in to Kayshykk which I'd practically speed runned without even meaning to. Zeffo is actually overwhelming.

If I'm on Dathomir now, how much of the game is left roughly? I guess I'll have to go back to Bogano as well.

On another note, the game becomes so much better with the additional force power for traversal. The pacing of how these are handed out needs to be rethought for future games.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Beat it over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Not perfect by any means but a good effort overall. Pretty good boss fights for a Western-developed game and some great environments/satisfying enemy fights/traversal. Was hooked on the story by the back half. Incredible score.

I definitely understand why the game took so long to make with Lucasfilm being heavily involved in all sorts of details (after watching the documentary stuff in the Bonus Features for the Deluxe edition). Respawn probably would have put out a better game that was less "Star Wars" authentic without that micromanagement.

Ending story spoilers:
I was satisfied with the ending, but I would have liked a little more dialogue to set up that the rest of the crew agrees that destroying the Holocron was the right decision. I think the story could have been set up better to establish that The Empire would have got it eventually whether Cal did his quest or not. It just makes it feel like a McGuffin to have Cal destroy something he was after for most of the game so casually. I understand they're blocked in due to canon, but it's interesting that they just threw away a hook for a potential sequel.

MercBerserk

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished it. Cool ending sequence. I came away feeling like something more couldve been done to make this a complete experience. Story felt kinda pointless by the end.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Had a rough weekend so decided to pay for the Origin pass to play this game. As someone who was pretty much on a media blackout of the game, I was pleasantly surprised.

1) I don't play many action games like this. Honestly, the most action games I play are probably Monster Hunter World and Bayonetta. Playing on normal I got my butt kicked for a bit on the first planet as I started to figure out things. By the end when I started to understand the mechanics and weaknesses of enemies I was really enjoying myself.

2) Did not expect to like the story as much as I did. Very Star Wars tropes, some good fan services, and some good lore.

3) Voice acting was top-notch.

4) Really liked the conclusion to the game. I'm sure it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I was amped.

Even though I beat it, I'll probably have to pick it up. It's one of those games I know I will want to play again.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow people weren't kidding, this game is a mess. So jaggedy, MC ledge animation, dead enemies dissappearing in just 4 seconds and the frame rate drops are insane. Not unplayable but a farcry from a Respawn product.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, at this point I'm inclined to just finish the story and come back for the Platinum after a few patches :(

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow people weren't kidding, this game is a mess. So jaggedy, MC ledge animation, dead enemies dissappearing in just 4 seconds and the frame rate drops are insane. Not unplayable but a farcry from a Respawn product.
What console are you playing on? I played it on a PS4 Pro and I didn't think it was that bad. The platforming was certainly spotty at times and those mid-level loading pauses were annoying (one even happened during combat!), but overall my experience was pretty good. I got the platinum without too much trouble.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What console are you playing on? I played it on a PS4 Pro and I didn't think it was that bad. The platforming was certainly spotty at times and those mid-level loading pauses were annoying (one even happened during combat!), but overall my experience was pretty good. I got the platinum without too much trouble.
Played on laptop/1660Ti this Sunday and frame rate drops dips to 30 for a few seconds and then back to solid 60, but it's very annoying. Happened at a mini boss also.

And damn, every time char presses a lever or catches a ledge the animation smoothness are far from ideal. Felt like a AA game. Small issues because generally the game is good.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a sucker, I just bought the funko pop of cal and bd-1. BD-1 deserves a special solo funko pop, maybe one day.

They also have the 2nd sister (helmeted, unfortunately) and a purge trooper.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Whew I'm not a fan of the combat in this game. One hit kills on grandmaster? Really? I could excuse it if the lord times weren't so atrocious...

Man, I'm very disappointed. I was really looking forward to lightsaber combat.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Whew I'm not a fan of the combat in this game. One hit kills on grandmaster? Really? I could excuse it if the lord times weren't so atrocious...

Man, I'm very disappointed. I was really looking forward to lightsaber combat.

I am surprised to hear you say that about the load times. Are you playing it on an SSD? It's really fast.

EDIT: I see from past posts that people are complaining about console versions. I'm on PC.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The performance on console is straight fucking trash. That's absolutely inexcusable for a game of this nature.

Where the FUCK are the performance and optimization updates? Why has it taken them THIS LONG after launch to fix this shit. I literally just had the game freeze to load in assets while I was climbing up some scaffolding on Kashyyk.

Oct 24, 2019
Can't say I agree. There were some nice moments, but also really ugly ones. Overall, the graphics were disappointing.

I'm talking more so about art direction than raw graphical power. I loved the soft pink and purple lighting of Dathomir that made it feel somehow both peaceful and otherworldly and eerie.

Kashyyk's swamps were appropriately moody, like you were trudging through super thick overgrowth and coming across old crashed ships that were starting to be reclaimed by the environment.

In that sense, I do think the worlds were gorgeous. Of course you're right that in terms of raw graphics, all the pop-in textures and all that stuff was very annoying and detracted from the experience

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Finished a Grandmaster playthrough with all areas explored, then took some time to play through Sekiro, which is the game I think this is most like. I'd love to see more melee enemy types and less beasts in a future Fallen Order game. Also, a shit-ton more bosses.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
The performance on console is straight fucking trash. That's absolutely inexcusable for a game of this nature.

Where the FUCK are the performance and optimization updates? Why has it taken them THIS LONG after launch to fix this shit. I literally just had the game freeze to load in assets while I was climbing up some scaffolding on Kashyyk.

The performance is utter garbage on console, but I'd imagine Respawn did some rough crunch to get it shipped. It's probably pretty slow there at the moment. When they released Titanfall 2, they mostly disappeared until the new year.

The staff earned a break, but I'm glad I just rented this and didn't shell out any cash for what's a woefully unfinished product, in my eyes.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if there will be DLC for this game?

I usually dont buy DLC for games, but I enjoyed this game a lot and want more Jedi action :P

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Finished a Grandmaster playthrough with all areas explored, then took some time to play through Sekiro, which is the game I think this is most like. I'd love to see more melee enemy types and less beasts in a future Fallen Order game. Also, a shit-ton more bosses.

I think they'll get that feedback. This is pretty much my GOTY, and I would want to see less creatures and more trooper types also. Running into big beasts at points was fitting, but enough with the rats, and why are there goats all over? 🤣

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure running on the internal XOne X drive is faster than running on an external SSD?

Because, my God, Bagano is a stuttery mess during traversal. I thought it was mostly a lock to 30 on XOne X according to DF when played internally?

I'm playing in the non-60 FPS mode.
This just does not feel good.

This feels Bloodborne levels of stuttery.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Weird. It's fine on my PC, outside of occasional and minor (but still annoying) stuttering.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
nothing better than pushin people off cliffs. Endless fun.
I was just talking about that with someone else lol (ARE YOU SPYING ON ME?? jk).

But yes, it's one of the greatest joys of this game, especially with mass push.

The |double lightsaber's mass-deflect| is great too when you're bombarded by blasters. Pew pew pew, everyone's dead.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I was just talking about that with someone else lol (ARE YOU SPYING ON ME?? jk).

But yes, it's one of the greatest joys of this game, especially with mass push.

The |double lightsaber's mass-deflect| is great too when you're bombarded by blasters. Pew pew pew, everyone's dead.

maybe i am that person...

I need to figure out how to deflect. I don't think I'm doing it right because I usually get hit by the second bolt if there are multiple but I am pressing the block multiple times which I don't think is right. Kind of a reflex from Sekiro but this game has some different timings. I'm playing on Jedi Master I think and you can block (what seems like) quite a long time before the hit and get a parry.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Some pretty nice colors from that lightsaber mod. Not perfect, but at least you can change it to roughly what you want from the start.

alhJp4X.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
They should share the information on multiple sites not just on reddit. Their twitter doesn´t have this information.

Anyway here´s the link:

Photomode in this patch.

Good stuff. Patch notes are good, but nothing yet about an overall optimization of the game. Maybe its behind the scenes and they didnt mention it, so ill see what the deal is after the patch is out and give it a whirl.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Finished it earlier tonight, overall enjoyed it but the end of the game seems to fly by compared to the time spent on Bogano and Zeffo.

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Hello everyone,

We have a new patch arriving on December 11, and with it comes two great community-requested features as well as some fixes to issues that you've raised.

To start with we have the addition of a brand new Photo mode. Once you've enabled it in the settings, accessing the mode can be done via pressing both LS and RS or L3 and R3. From here the game will pause and you'll have a number of options available, allowing you to create your perfect Jedi moment.

Camera Height
Camera Rotate
Zoom
Tilt
Focal Distance
F-Stop
Exposure
Vignette
Film Grain
Chromatic Aberration
Hide player
Hide AI
Filter
Filter Strength
Place Spotlight
Remove Spotlight
Spotlight Brightness
Spotlight Warmth
Hide UI
You'll have the ability to fine tune settings and should you continue down a patch you no longer desire, you can simply hit R3 to reset the scene.

The second feature we are including revolves around your lightsaber. Many of you have requested the ability to remove a specific part of Cal's lightsaber, once you hit a certain point in the story. This can now be done from within the lightsaber customization menu, via a simple button toggle.

Once again we thank you for your continued passion for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and we can't wait to see the creations you make with the new Photo Mode.

Release Notes

New Features

A Photo Mode has been added and can be accessed from within the game by pressing L3 and R3 at the same time.
Implemented a toggle that will allow you to remove a specific part of Cal's lightsaber from within the customization menu.
Bug Fixes

We've made a pass of the game in an effort to reduce the number of crashes you should encounter. The end result of this is now a more stable game.
Fixed collision issues across several planets in the game
Collision within the caves and temple on Zeffo have been improved, reducing clipping issues and lowering the possibility of Cal becoming stuck.
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Cal to become stuck in a floating state below the train on Bracca.
We identified a few areas on Kashyyyk where Cal could fall out of the world, this will no longer happen.
We've fixed some collision on Dathomir, preventing Cal from falling through the ground.
Collision on Illum has also been improved, making sure that Cal doesn't become stuck.
During a fight with the Second Sister, it was possible for her to get stuck in a door. She has been freed.
Bogano has had its collision improved, preventing Cal from becoming stuck on world geometry.
In some rare cases, Cal was floating while on Kashyyyk. He has since been grounded.
BD-1's ability to slice panels was sometimes not working as intended, preventing you from progressing. This has been fixed and should no longer occur.
A mural scan on Bogano wasn't working properly, this should now be fixed.
The train on Bracca could get stuck in a state where grates would fall off too early, preventing progress. We've fixed this so that Cal can continue climbing.
On rare occasions Bounty Hunters would stop hunting Cal, we've now re-enabled their trackers, so be careful.
For some players, BD-1 had gotten left behind on Bogano, preventing further progression. This should now be fixed.
The chest count on some planets was not working as intended, this has been fixed.
On rare occasions Greeze would refuse to open the ship doors and expose Cal to the sunlight on Dathomir. We've fixed this so that the story can continue.
Fixed an issue that prevented Holomap areas and gates from not working properly on Dathomir, Kashyyyk and Bogano.
An issue would sometimes occur that would cause the Holomap tutorial on Bogano to remain on-screen. This has been resolved and it should no longer occur.
An elevator on Zeffo could lead to Cal getting stuck in an infinite loop, our maintenance crews have fixed this particular elevator.
A dropship on Zeffo wasn't showing up as intended, preventing the player from progressing further. We've ensured all landing zones are clear for arrival and this should no longer occur.
PC players were having issues selecting difficulty with the mouse, this should now be resolved.
We've fixed an issue where Cal could avoid enemies on Zeffo, to the extent that gameplay events wouldn't trigger, halting progression to the story.
On rare occasions cinematics on Dathomir get stuck in an error state, preventing progress. This has been fixed.
Fixed an issue that would cause world loading issues on Kashyyyk for players with double jump. We've optimised the level to ensure loading completes properly."