• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Does anyone know when reviews for this drop. I assume it's on ea access so people will be playing the full game a few days early.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Thanks for those details. I can see some version of all this that would be fun. The question is whether or not the game will get in its own way with mechanics and systems that are too restrictive. I just want it to be enjoyable and not too Dark Soulsey in the wrong way.

I totally understand man. I hope all these elements really mesh well into a cohesive game.

DanChop12

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I finally decided to preorder! Now I can't decide between PS4 Pro or Xbox One X. Any word on which platform the previews have been on? Just looking for the best experience.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Didn't realise it was out so soon.

Feel the secretive marketing means its ass.

There's busses I believe somewhere either in the states or UK with Fallen Order plastered on the side

They've been showing ads of the launch trailer on YT, social media and during sports games.

We have dozens of impressions sayingthe 3 hours they've played are great and the worse thing said about the game is "it feels safe but fun" . Its also in top 10 global Steam bestseller.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
I'm excited about this game, but the b-roll didn't exactly demonstrate much skillful play. I don't blame someone for remaining skeptical based on footage alone.

Even the previewers noted that the guy playing the footage wasn't very good but that may have been intentional to show that you can't just rush in and button mash to victory even on normal difficulty. Or at least I assume

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be game of the year, doesn't say much considering this year but it's all looking like it's headed to that based on what we have seen

Oct 25, 2017
What particularly did you dislike about the combat or the footage
Slow clumsy flailing with low damage attacks, high boss health and a shit load of blocking/combo breaking/countering. It really bugs me when enemies in games like this NOPE you halfway during a combo. It was this combined with the dialogue of the guys falling over themselves to praise it kind of left me with a weird feeling watching it lol. What they were sayinf didn;'t line up at all

Hope it's good tho because I always like to see more action games especially good ones. It could very well have been whack b roll

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Just a note on the trial pictures and to confirm. There is no trial for Jedi. Apologies for the confusion!

Thanks for clearing that up! Someone might want to look into the below, if that's the case:

Maybe there's a trial after all? Probably just not early access.
J0zfyCX.png

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
very much on the fence with this. it looks well produced and to have a decent combat system, but also from the footage looks very linear and pretty safe. seems like an uncharted game mixed with some aspects of dark souls, which doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. was strange watching the Easy Allies preview though, when one of the guys was making fairly standard characteristics seem unique. It was quite a strange preview. Anyway, will see how reviews pan out to give a bit more depth to base my decision on.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Slow clumsy flailing with low damage attacks, high boss health and a shit load of blocking/combo breaking/countering. It really bugs me when enemies in games like this NOPE you halfway during a combo. It was this combined with the dialogue of the guys falling over themselves to praise it kind of left me with a weird feeling watching it lol. What they were sayinf didn;'t line up at all

Hope it's good tho because I always like to see more action games especially good ones. It could very well have been whack b roll

I don't think you can call deliberate combat clumsy if the controls are responsive and fluid which seems to be the case. Ofc like any game, tougher enemies will take more hits to kill but your standard stormtrooper or other fodder enemies will die in 2 to 3 hits.

Most Jedi are defensive fighters. They block, parry and wait for the moment to strike down their opponent with devastating blows. You can't button mash per se but once you get in the groove, youe gameplay will likely look a lot better than what the b roll footage has shown.

And I mean, if you leave yourself open to attack, exepct your combos to get interrupted. Cal isn't a tank so it's gonna take patience from the player to understand the combat system. The b roll footage certainly makes it seem less fluid than what it is but thats just because the dude playing it is either not very good or being intentionally bad to show how punishing the combat is.

And I don't find it odd that they praised what they played at the event since a lot of people were singing its praises.

So its definitely just whack b roll footage. It'll definitely be good imo. Just how good is the question

Oct 31, 2019
User banned (5 days): hostility against another member over multiple posts, account in junior phase
I've had already pre ordered this game and had HUGE hype for it BUT after this EA guy's 'there is no trial' announcement and the fact that the review copies are not sent and we know jack shit about the official embargo for reviews, I've gone ahead and cancelled my pre-order. I will invest in Death Stranding first and when the game comes out if the reviews are good I'll probably play this after a month or so later.

By the way, what groundbreaking revolutionary twists they could even conjure for the game's story to be THIS strict against spoilers anyway?? I bet this is EA playing it safe not for spoiler reasons but if the game sucks, 'well thank god there's always these pre-order dumbasses to recoup some money'. Well FU too EA. F8RGE

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
I've had already pre ordered this game and had HUGE hype for it BUT after this EA guy's 'there is no trial' announcement and the fact that the review copies are not sent and we know jack shit about the official embargo for reviews, I've gone ahead and cancelled my pre-order. I will invest in Death Stranding first and when the game comes out if the reviews are good I'll probably play this after a month or so later.

By the way, what groundbreaking revolutionary twists they could even conjure for the game's story to be THIS strict against spoilers anyway?? I bet this is EA playing it safe not for spoiler reasons but if the game sucks, 'well thank god there's always these pre-order dumbasses to recoup some money'. Well FU too EA. F8RGE

Or maybe just maybe Respawn wants to keep all spoilers under wraps regardless of how "groundbreaking" they are. Some people just wanna go in blind entirely. This isn't like their typical game release considering its very story focused. The lack of a trial doesn't impact the quality of the game or the information we know regarding the game

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
There's busses I believe somewhere either in the states or UK with Fallen Order plastered on the side

They've been showing ads of the launch trailer on YT, social media and during sports games.

We have dozens of impressions sayingthe 3 hours they've played are great and the worse thing said about the game is "it feels safe but fun" . Its also in top 10 global Steam bestseller.

It's definitely in England as I was on that bus on Monday. Didn't see too another bus with it though, I was on the 159 Bus route for anyone wanting to know lol

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018

Bruh lol

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

tenor.gif

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)

I don't know if this is a troll post or not, but the EA hate is strong with this one.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

This is so childish, man. Come on. It's not the type of game that really should be getting a trial anyways.

Oct 31, 2019
Or maybe just maybe Respawn wants to keep all spoilers under wraps regardless of how "groundbreaking" they are. Some people just wanna go in blind entirely. This isn't like their typical game release considering its very story focused. The lack of a trial doesn't impact the quality of the game or the information we know regarding the game
First of all, look at Death Stranding threads and how there is little to no spoiler coming from the posters. It is a testament that people can avoid spoiler even on the forums like these, but there is always a chance factor even when you try to go in blind and your 'friend' spoils you on twitter of all places... The spoiler discourse in entertainment industry is bane of this age unfortunately and all sides have valid arguments. The lack of a trial doesn't impact the quality of the game or the information we know regarding the game yes that is a fact but I didn't say they don't have trial to make the game worse, I said they don't hand out trail because they might be unsure of the quality and want to hide the fact till it becomes after the fact, ie the release, and you have already paid for it... you know the classic EA ploy... So my concerns are just as valid based on precedence.. and remember the whole point of EA Premiere, EA Access or whatever they call it is this precise purpose for new releases, having to play it early, trying it for your self if you want to buy it or not, and we already paid for that service or privilege to sample already, so this proves that service moot and possibly hints a quality problem, maybe not on the level of Anthem fiasco but who knows?? Certainly not us, and not until it is too late... Only if we had a way to tell if the game is for us and if we would like it beforehand...... Ohhh
Very well articulated lol

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
You could just wait for reviews. You don't have to get every game on day one, it's not going to kill you if you wait a couple of days.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017

I'm pretty sure you pre-ordered the game and you had a lot of hype, but the fact that there is no trial, INSTANTLY KILLED your hype and you are not pre-ordering anymore lmao
It's not like we have countless of positive impressions from press and apparently they mean nothing against the lack of a trial right?

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
First of all, look at Death Stranding threads and how there is little to no spoiler coming from the posters. It is a testament that people can avoid spoiler even on the forums like these, but there is always a chance factor even when you try to go in blind and your 'friend' spoils you on twitter of all places... The spoiler discourse in entertainment industry is bane of this age unfortunately and all sides have valid arguments. The lack of a trial doesn't impact the quality of the game or the information we know regarding the game yes that is a fact but I didn't say they don't have trial to make the game worse, I said they don't hand out trail because they might be unsure of the quality and want to hide the fact till it becomes after the fact, ie the release, and you have already paid it... you know the classic EA ploy... So my concerns are just as valid based on precedence.. and remember the whole point of EA Premiere, EA Access or whatever they call it is this precise purpose for new releases, having to play it early, trying it for your self if you want to buy it or not, and we already paid for that service or privilege to sample already, so this proves that service moot and possibly hints a quality problem, maybe on the level of Anthem fiasco but who knows?? Certainly not us, and not until it is too late... Only if we had a way to tell if the game is for us and if we would like it beforehand...... Ohhh

Story spoilers were restricted for anything beyond Ch. 3. for Death Stranding. Mind you, I understand your point but not every is as spoiler friendly as most Era members. And umm...they seem pretty confident in the quality of the game given how much praise its gotten. When you have IGN calling it a "GoTY contender" and after viewing the PSN trophies, they are definitely holding back a lot of this game so people go in surprised. Hell, I don't think anyone said anything scathing about the game or what they played. Even Edge was very impressed by what they played and they aren't always the easiest to please.

And I know its always possible for a Anthem lvl flop, but when you look at the track record of Respawn, their games, the devs behind Jedi Fallen Order, and how this game isn't running on Frostbite, its not a live service, and the devs that are experienced with 3rd person action games, the chances of an Anthem lvl disaster are slim. Hiding something=/=the game's quality is at risk

And we as gamers aren't entitled to a demo or a trial. By next week there will be tons of reviews, impressions and gameplay footage to see if its for you.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't preorder games and wait for actual reviews and impressions instead???

Oct 31, 2019
You could just wait for reviews. You don't have to get every game on day one, it's not going to kill you if you wait a couple of days.
True. But sincerely I was burned by EA before and there is a certain vitriol to be honest. I was hyped for this game since it is made by Respawn but EA gone ahead and employ their stupid tactics and made me doubt a truster developer since it is EA and their track record for me is forever marred.
EA Access webpage that sells this subscription service. At the bottom it reads:
Play EA titles before launch on Xbox One
Be the first to download and explore new titles as a part of your EA Access membership. Since you're playing the real game and not a demo version, your stats and save progress automatically carry over if you buy once the game is publicly available.

Only reason I paid for EA Access was because their track records and protecting my wallet against their troubled releases. Think about it, only for Star Wars franchise alone they screw the pooch twice. TWICE on the same Battlefront series. Will this game be the third? I certainly do not hope so, but again we can never be certain even with Respawn developing the game. And since everyone is so concerned about spoilers and going in blind, why would you choose possibly spoiling yourself because of reviews over, you know, playing it yourself and making your own mind.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was hyped for this game since it is made by Respawn

Think about it, only for Star Wars franchise alone they screw the pooch twice. TWICE on the same Battlefront series. Will this game be the third? I certainly do not hope so, but again we can never be certain even with Respawn developing the game.
You're all over the place, my dude. You know of EA's track record, yet still got hyped and preordered the game. Now that there isn't a trial version, you've done a complete 180 and are practically abandoning the game.

Oct 31, 2019
And we as gamers aren't entitled to a demo or a trial. By next week there will be tons of reviews, impressions and gameplay footage to see if its for you.
Ahh... do you remember the times when gaming journals came with demo CDs? It is not an issue of entitlement, but a change in the industry. Once we had that now we don't and we can argue its merits all day long and not change it back. We gave it away and now we accept we are not entitled to a demo or trial even if we pay for a service partly meant for it??? Wow... As if they are paying us to play their games now and that is why we don't have any rights to complain huh?

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
True. But sincerely I was burned by EA before and there is a certain vitriol to be honest. I was hyped for this game since it is made by Respawn but EA gone ahead and employ their stupid tactics and made me doubt a truster developer since it is EA and their track record for me is forever marred.
Be the first to download and explore new titles as a part of your EA Access membership. Since you're playing the real game and not a demo version, your stats and save progress automatically carry over if you buy once the game is publicly available.

Only reason I paid for EA Access was because their track records and protecting my wallet against their troubled releases. Think about it, only for Star Wars franchise alone they screw the pooch twice. TWICE on the same Battlefront series. Will this game be the third? I certainly do not hope so, but again we can never be certain even with Respawn developing the game. And since everyone is so concerned about spoilers and going in blind, why would you choose possibly spoiling yourself because of reviews over, you know, playing it yourself and making your own mind.

Dunno why people are laughing, your annoyance is justified.

Still have high hopes for this game. Everything that I need rn

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018

Send them an email with this exact post, it's really not worth you complaining for pages here. It obviously is not a good use of your time.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else torn between this or Death Stranding? Id get both but my backlog in huuuge!
I am, holiday season is pretty busy for me usually so this, Death Stranding, and Pokemon will be a lot. I think I'm going to wait for Death Stranding and play that after Christmas during a slower January were I'm pretty much just stuck inside anyway.

Oct 31, 2019
Send them an email with this exact post, it's really not worth you complaining for pages here. It obviously is not a good use of your time.
True and you are right. But this EA guy comes and just drops one short sentence of an announcement here that is opposite their service and opens himself up to a dialogue now right? Am I the crazy one to think I can get a reaction or an explanation from this guy? This is not pastebin that you drop leaks and it can not get connected to you, if you make an official announcement, then stay around for a certain amount of explanation... You have that verified banner, then it is more personal than an email to talk to you or have a dialogue with you as to why you change your policies and how you justify that? F8RGE

Status
Not open for further replies.