• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling this game is going to take quite the hit in the following months as everyone gets off the initial hype. Judging from the footage, it kinda looks boring to me.

My Star Wars craze kinda died off with the old Bioware games and Star Wars Galaxies.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
DMC5, Days Gone, Mario Odyssey and Astral Chain (all 4 which I've already bought and have to finish) plus Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Sword (bought), Death Stranding (bought Pro bundle, waiting for it to arrive) and now Star Wars. Sweet lord please give me time! And I haven't even mentioned Sekiro, RE2 Remake and Control, all of which I'll have to play eventually.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
If the trailers and reviews let you down just look at some of the impressions from players here or watch some streams, game is phenomenal like genuinely good

I will, I even expect to play it but there are several games I want on black friday (games released a while ago) and I only have enough money. This had to be out of this world for me to grab it day one. It's unfair I know but you sometimes you have yo make choices.

Maybe january or february considering there's mothing on those month for me.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling this game is going to take quite the hit in the following months as everyone gets off the initial hype. Judging from the footage, it kinda looks boring to me.

My Star Wars craze kinda died off with the old Bioware games and Star Wars Galaxies.

I have a feeling Pokemon will flop, i mean, i never got on that bandwagon, it looks boring to me.

Are you really predicting sales by your own interest in the game? This is the first good single player Star War game in 15 years, yes, 15 years.
It's reviewing well, and user impressions might even surpass critics.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Well I was about to buy this game, but after seeing Max's stream I'm going to wait a bit and see how it turns out.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it seems to be a very great game and given the competition this year it might have a chance. Perhaps that's also just me as a big Star Wars fan hoping it to win but game got very great scores.
I'm about 3 hours in so far it's been strictly ok. Maybe it picks up later when you have bunch of Jedi powers and whatnot.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What's the chance of this dropping in price quickly? I really want to get it but I don't think it's worth £59.99
This will flood second hand market in a week. Relatively short, no MP and might be too hard for some.

I went from whatever to picking this up, just later. Seems like Respawn did it justice, shame about performance issues on base systems but maybe they will patch it.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
It's a shame they have cribbed so heavily from other games(not that it's uncommon these days),and I'm not sure I really want Dark Souls in my Star Wars,but at least it's a solid single player Star Wars game....I'll pick it up at some point.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So from what i gathered from reviews.
-lots of backtracking (to be expected if is inspired by metroid)
-game could be more polished on the technical side
-the story/acting is good
-when the game kicks set pieces like uncharted is great
-game overall is great
-combat is ok to good
well, i will buy it when i have money

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why r there so little reviews ? That's odd for a big release like this . We have 60 70 more reviews left

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I don't even like Star Wars much and it's a great game. Maybe try playing it instead of dismissing actual players' opinions as being caught up in "initial hype".

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
so this game most likely needed a few more months to polish but EA wanted it out before the film and the holiday season.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I get a feeling that thirst for a good Star Wars game is inflating scores just like thirst for a good Fallout inflated Outer Worlds scores. Excited to check it out regardless, I'm always down for soulslikes

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Respawn's done another pretty good game. I hope this one performs well for them.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was really hyping this one. I've only played a bit, but so far it's been a bit disappointing. There's some stutter and weird performance issues on pc, and the way the game controls feels a bit clunky/floaty. The visuals and the set pieces are really great. It does the whole Uncharted thing really well, except it moves like one the earlier ones instead of the more polished recent ones.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
GOTY gonna be interesting.

This, Death Stranding, Gears 5, Luigis Mansion, Sekiro, and RE2 remake.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, not the review scores I was looking for.

What exactly were you looking for, a 95 Metacritic lol? Never going to happen. The best I was hoping for was a mid 80's and that's what it has.

If you look at the industry reviewer side it seems that very good games fall in the 80-90 MC score this gen and the absolutely incredible games get a 95+ It's either ridiculously good (Breath of the Wild, RDR2, God of War) or great (a ton of games that fall in the mid 80's).

Very few games I can think of got a 91-93 this gen. Maybe it's because there's so many more people reviewing games, who knows.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
OK, what's up with that?

It is ~30 hours long or so, at least, but this attitude. Why must the game be that long? I feel like this demand for longer games is only leading to worse games in many cases. This is a game that should have been somewhat shorter, in fact.

I understand the money/value thing - but games never needed to be this insanely long in the past. Why now?

I don't mind shorter games but i feel like I'm
being ripped off with digital prices if I buy it for $60 digitally when it can be beat in 15-20 hours when you can't resell it afterwards especially when there is no dlc planned to keep it going.
I buy digital games if they're cheap/on sale or if I know I'll be playing them a long time. Just feel I get my money's worth as I won't be able to resell it after

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Really enjoying this but the base PS4 performance is rough. I understand wanting a good looking game but it shouldn't come at the cost of playability.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Very few games I can think of got a 91-93 this gen. Maybe it's because there's so many more people reviewing games, who knows.

I don't think that's it. Mass Effect 2 for example, which has a 96 metacritic score, has almost 100 reviews. I think it's probably the same for Read Dead Redemption and Super Mario Galaxy 2, to 95+ games from the same year.

Anyway, the score for the game is nice. But people will always look down on it. Especially after the early impressions made if feel a 90+ was possible. People were comparing this game with KoTOR! The very pinnacle of Star Wars games.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... that settles it. There will be no unanimous GOTY winner in 2019.
Did we really expect this to be a 90+ MC game? It's way too derivative and generic looking for that to ever happen

Really don't understand the KOTOR comparisons...watch the footage and tell me this game has 1/10th KOTORs personality

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Did we really expect this to be a 90+ MC game? It's way too derivative and generic looking for that to ever happen

Really don't understand the KOTOR comparisons...watch the footage and tell me this game has 1/10th KOTORs personality
I love KotOR, literally one of my favorite games of all time, and I have no idea what this means.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I really want to play this, I may just wait for some patches. I still have a lot more time to put into Death Stranding and the performance looks pretty bad on Pro, if the GB quicklook is anything to go by. Maybe a patch or two will help things.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I can see why the game may be pretty short for some people.

This is metroidvania, which means there are optional paths if you wish to explore. On top of that, there are locked paths that won't be accessible until you learn new skills later. If you only follow the robot for story, it may cut a huge chunk of playtime. But if you're an explorer, there are a lot of exploring to do. Even on the first map I got lost and not sure where to go multiple times.

Oct 27, 2017
GOTY gonna be interesting.

This, Death Stranding, Gears 5, Luigis Mansion, Sekiro, and RE2 remake.

That list just makes me think we're still in the same position we were in March; RE2 or Sekiro.

I can see people rallying around a couple of indies more than stuff like Death Stranding or Gears 5. People who like Disco Elysium for example seem to really like that. Enough to raise its profile in GOTY discussions.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Seems like a bulk of the lower rating reviews criticize the story for being generic which is what I thought was the biggest liability for it as well, based on its marketing.

Still, it seems it's a pretty good game. Maybe 7/10 ish as time goes on but definitely not the initial 92 that was tweeted by the first couple of people.

A few hours ago I felt like this was our GOTY but all things considered I still think RE2 is quite high for most people and Death Stranding holds its merits for being that special cow that releases every now and then in this industry. Can't speak to Sekiro myself because I gave up on it, but I feel compared to Bloodborne the buzz seems kind of low, and I attribute it to its aesthetic, lack of "souls" and online functions.