• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the trailer it looks like the game is now widescreen 16:9? Will they modify the cutscenes for this aspect ratio?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They are being sold separately? Was that the Mouse or Nintendo's decision, they should've bundled the entire Kyle Katarn series

Unless they bundle the game with software to softmod your Switch or add AO-rated content, I don't think Nintendo will provide much input into what is released.

The Mouse simply knows it will sell individually.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
bought the ps4 version (its up in europe). will post some impressions very soon (not from the lightsaber combat, since that takes a while to unlock).

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
some impressions from a few minutes with the ps4 version (on ps4pro):

- all of the pre-rendered videos look like complete ass. they did nothing to them, not even upscale/filter it.
- THERE IS NO OPTION TO INVERT AIMING. what the fuck? the game is pretty much unplayable for me.
- since it cant play, i only have some impressions from the first "room": looks like solid 60 fps and ingame it looks very sharp.
- there are german, english and french voice options.

Oct 27, 2017

- all of the pre-rendered videos look like complete ass. they did nothing to them, not even upscale/filter it.
- THERE IS NO OPTION TO INVERT AIMING. what the fuck? the game is pretty much unplayable for me.
- since it cant play, i only have some impressions from the first "room": looks like solid 60 fps and ingame it looks very sharp.
No option to invert!? WTH- need to tweet a dev! I believe it's Aspyr media...

Oct 27, 2017
i already tweeted them. there is still a chance i just cant find it. but i went through every menu option, tried everything. nope..no option to invert aiming. 10 bucks wasted.
that's weird- I tweeted them too. Hopefully they get a bunch of tweets- I never use twitter either so I have no idea- dont know where to see mine either other than my profile.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i just cant understand how this happened. does no one on the dev-team or some of the testers play inverted? isnt this a standard option for shooters since pretty much 20 years?

Oct 27, 2017
bought the ps4 version (its up in europe). will post some impressions very soon (not from the lightsaber combat, since that takes a while to unlock).

I don't see it on the UK store yet.

No inverting? Fuck it then. I cannot play games (but especially a shooter) without the option to invert the Y axis.

Oct 27, 2017
i just cant understand how this happened. does no one on the dev-team or some of the testers play inverted? isnt this a standard option for shooters since pretty much 20 years?

Crazy thing is on PC I think the game had some weird issues with the mouse being inverted by default... needless to say the option existed on pc. This is a huge miss by Aspyr....

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
No invert aim? Yikes.

Honestly, the OT title should include that as a PSA. More important than some witty joke title right now.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad, game would be impossible to play for me without inverted controls

Last edited:

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really want to know about the gyro controls on Switch. I never played these games on anything but a PC, so if it can mimic a mouse, then fuck yeah!

These were two of the best Star Wars games, and should be considered the benchmark for action adventure games with force abilities.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe that this went through any form of QA and none of them noticed. It must be there lol

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
The Outcast port is ass? Dammit... was looking forward to playing this on Switch while laying in bed. :/

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand. Does it come inverted (right to left) or regular (right to right) controls? Because on Gamecube the game starts with inverted and you have to turn it off in advanced.

I hope it does not come with inverted (right to left) as the only option.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you connect a keyboard if you can pull up the console and from there try to change the settings

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This is such an old ass PC game I love it so much. The only issue I have with it right now is that manual saves don't overwrite so I'm going to have to delete them manually which is a pain in the ass on PS4.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah you should all tweet for the to add the option to invert the Y axis and while you are at it tweet Bethesda, ninja theory and every other developer that does not add the option to invert the X axis :)