• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I really need to see some comparisons involving the base consoles. I swear that the PS4 version of Fallen Order has a memory leak or something, because it's performing like garbage on mine.

And when I say garbage, I mean enemies spawning in late and T-posing to prove their dominance when they do.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I know its only minor, but the entire weather effects were missing on the PS4 Pro version on that train sequence. Otherwise 1440p and near locked 30 seems to be the way to go on the xbox one x unless you have a freesync monitor.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Seems like a solid performer on both systems, with the 1X having the edge on the graphics mode and both systems being pretty close on the performance mode.

Respawn should have made a visit to The Coalition if they wanted to work out how to get UE4 to perform well. Gears 5 could have taught them some tricks.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I will be playing resolution mode on Ps4Pro when I get it. I can't stand unstable frame rates. Looking forward to playing it though, I asked for it for Christmas.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely my biggest issue with the game so far playing on PS4 Pro. Can't really decide between performance and resolution. I think if I stuck with resolution for a while I'll be okay but that initial period after switching to it is so uncomfortable. Definitely feels like a game which will be a more comfortable fit on next gen consoles and that's a bit surprising because it doesn't feel as technically impressive as quite a number of games that run better.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I was fiddling between performance mode and quality mode on the Pro yesterday. I prefer quality mode because at least it is pretty much locked 30fps. The varied framerate of performance mode bothers me more. If it was more like 55 to 60fps I would be fine with it. But ranging from 40's to 50's is too jarring.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order frame rate comparison testing the framerate on PS4 Pro vs PS4. Subscribe for more gaming tech analysis: http://bit.ly/VGTechSubscribe The version tested was 1.02. The default video options were used for performance testing.

PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1280x720 and the highest native resolution found being 1600x900. PS4 uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080.

PS4 Pro in the performance mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1344x756 and the highest native resolution found being 1600x900. PS4 Pro in the performance mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080.

PS4 Pro in the resolution mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1728x972 and the highest native resolution found being approximately 2136x1201. PS4 Pro in the resolution mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 2560x1440.

1vyks4.png

NXGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I know its only minor, but the entire weather effects were missing on the PS4 Pro version on that train sequence. Otherwise 1440p and near locked 30 seems to be the way to go on the xbox one x unless you have a freesync monitor.
Yeah. The versions do have differences, some are glitches if you start a section to fast as the streaming catches up. Enemies can also do this and the rain effect is just one of the glitches. I did this in about 3hrs start to finish when I got home from work on Friday night. I will be covering base consoles and a full comparison soon, the base consoles also have some stutters from time to time. They are really maxing out the memory and I/O use in this title, but clearly needs more time to simmer IMOP on all formats.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
How are enemy death->reload times on PS4 Pro? I'm playing on my X and thats one of the things that usually bugs me since I die a lot (lol). I timed it out to be between 7-10 secs usually from hitting Respawn button to being back in game, which is pretty decent. Environmental deaths is even faster, usually 3-4 seconds from death to back in game. This is with the latest patch. Load time from title screen to being in game is 26-28 seconds for me. This was off internal drive.

I have both X and pro and its always a struggle deciding which to buy on, usually MP i'll go Pro (more friends) and SP I'll go X because I like how you can flip from physical disc to digital instantly on xbox if you buy the digital version later down the road, whereas on PS4 you have to delete disc install and redownload.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
The difference in shadow resolution on the dude's face is quite noticable. Interesting seeing more notable differences between the two systems than just resolution.

I really want this game, but probably won't have the time nor money until next year. At least it should hopefully run really well (on PC) then.