• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Since we are getting all these live-actions shows, I am fine with animated stuff targeting the kids and such.

I think the age of "serious" SW cartoons is over.

TCW and Rebels were popular with kids though, Star Wars has always been an all ages IP, so don't see reason they have to bother with a heavy kids focus, it just cuts into the shows reach and it's merch potential.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I guess.

We will see how Resistance develops..

The showrunner said Resistance will overlap with TFA. So there is a chance that the tone of the show will change.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Resistance having juvenile humor and still being able to enjoy it as an adult are not mutually exclusive things, folks

If it were, we all would have sworn off the whole franchise years ago lol

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
How so? By what standard for a kids TV show are we pulling from, here?
There isn't a standard, it's just how I feel about the Resistance currently. Rebels, for example, is a kids TV show in my book and it managed to keep me interested and had characters I liked.

Of course that's 100% subjective, I was just hoping that I'd enjoy it as much as Rebels or TCW.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resistance so far is perfectly adequate, in that it sets out to accomplish something each episode and then it does that. The issue is that what it's doing isn't very exciting.

I expect/hope that once we get past season 1 and it passes TFA in the timeline, it will start to actually do something.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Rebels got really good. Some of its highs were better than anything in CW.

I don't have the same faith in Resistance. It's...not good. But Filoni isn't really running it so that may be why.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Thing is, I'm totally digging what they're currently doing with the show's narrative. Slowly building up the threat of the FO via the pirates, while simultaneously developing the "character" of the Colossus and it's inhabitants. For a kids show, there's a fair amount of nuance in how they're handling it.

At the very least, I'm more into this show than I was at this point in S1 with Rebels (helps that as a setting, the Colossus blows Lothal out of the water)

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Yooo this is cool. It even fixes the bit where that one guard can stab Rey.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They better not make us wait for celebration for the first teaser.

Inhumane treatment of fans, I tell ya hwat.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Times Harrison Ford has been happy:

1. When they killed him in TFA
2. That interview for Blade Runner where the interviewer is dropping zingers left and right
3. That trailer dub session.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I just want my lightsaber I ordered about 2 months ago. Shit apparently is finally getting read to ship in about 15-20 days. Arghhhhhhhhh.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling this new story arc in the main SW comic so far. Although the Han fan service was pretty funny.

Also now we've got two Tulas in canon.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even with the last two Star Wars Decembers, none were as exciting as TFA December.

That time sure was something.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many of the casual audiences think..

"Huh? Its almost december, wasn't there supposed to be a SW film this year?"

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember going to the mall during TFA hype and was amazed that literally every store had something Star Wars related. EVERY. SINGLE. STORE.

On me I could've walked out with Star Wars shoes, pants, underwear, buttplug, undershirt, shirt, hoodie, glasses, hat, wallet, phonecase and even Star Wars branded food in mah belly. Never seen anything like that before.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me and about 10 other friends marathoned all the SW movies chronologically that month a week before we saw TFA

That was a great albeit excruciating day

Status
Not open for further replies.