• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Baby steps my dude when Mando brings in the mula they'll make more live action shows and we'll all be happy campers I'm sure

The 10 hour Star Wars movie will happen

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Jedi's name was announced on the 23rd, I'd hope that means that we're nearing a title announcement at least.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Like I said, if the process is so restrictive you were only able to pull off essentially one game in seven years, just call it fucking legends and let people do what they want. If this is their canonical approval process, it sucks.

That output is absolutely inexcusable.
I'm surprised at all the rationalizing I've seen from this website regarding this. I don't know if the blame is EA, LucasFilm, or both, but they've been doing a terrible job. We don't need new games every year or even every other year - that just isn't feasible and I understand that (but even then, they could make some cheap and quality mobile games - which they don't seem interested in doing anyways). The Old Republic is not my cup of tea at all but they get to have their non-canon content pretty regularly. I wouldn't be opposed to having a Jedi Academy-type multiplayer game where you just play as your favorite Star Wars character and swing lightsabers and shoot rocket launchers over and over.

Anyways, to talk about something more promising than the state of Star Wars games, The Mandalorian is going to be a masterpiece and will usher in a Golden era of Star Wars live-action television.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm surprised at all the rationalizing I've seen from this website regarding this. I don't know if the blame is EA, LucasFilm, or both, but they've been doing a terrible job. We don't need new games every year or even every other year - that just isn't feasible and I understand that (but even then, they could make some cheap and quality mobile games - which they don't seem interested in doing anyways). The Old Republic is not my cup of tea at all but they get to have their non-canon content pretty regularly. I wouldn't be opposed to having a Jedi Academy-type multiplayer game where you just play as your favorite Star Wars character and swing lightsabers and shoot rocket launchers over and over.

Anyways, to talk about something more promising than the state of Star Wars games, The Mandalorian is going to be a masterpiece and will usher in a Golden era of Star Wars live-action television.
There's a difference between releasing a game every year and releasing two games (essentially the same game with more content) in seven. That is absolutely inexcusable, terrible blunder.

It's really strange to see people defend this sort of output.. I see it a lot in the main thread.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Filming wraps next month, so they'll probably pair the title reveal with a press release announcing the end of shooting.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was another web show like Jedi Council on Youtube that didn't resort to stupid shit like this on the daily:

pv5KTXC.png

Stopped watching it a long time ago 'cus it was just dumbass topics like this over and over, also, Harloff's continued crusade against KK. Bro, I don't need to hear about how Dave Filoni should take over her job for the millionth time.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Harloff's continued crusade against KK. Bro, I don't need to hear about how Dave Filoni should take over her job for the millionth time

I'm so glad Ive video block their channel

I like how harloff also assumes filoni would take her job if asked as filoni could very well say no

Dumb question but was harloff very salty when it was announced that kk role got extended?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was another web show like Jedi Council on Youtube that didn't resort to stupid shit like this on the daily:

pv5KTXC.png

Stopped watching it a long time ago 'cus it was just dumbass topics like this over and over, also, Harloff's continued crusade against KK. Bro, I don't need to hear about how Dave Filoni should take over her job for the millionth time.
Ah yes

Let's fire the woman who literally has decades worth of producer experience and appoint that animated spinoff fella

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

pv5KTXC.png

LOL what a fucking take.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I've got a new title prediction, which I hate, but want to put out there just as a thought.
Somewhere on twitter last week or so, someone suggested the Ep IX title could come from a line spoken during The Last Jedi, similar to how ... The Last Jedi was a phrase spoken by Snoke in TFA. Then I also heard I think Ken Napzok just speculating (responsibly) that the title would include the words 'of the'.
I was watching some scenes of TLJ and the one between Snoke and Kylo early in the movie features Snoke speaking about "the seed of the jedi order lives, as long as it does, hope lives in the galaxy." So yeah "SEED OF THE JEDI" stood out to me

Ep IX: Seed of the Jedi.

I hate it, but it stood out to me and I'm putting it out there as a prediction.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
yeah you are right it would be silly.
I just think for marketing reasons it won't have Jedi in again after the last jedi. No previously trilogy has repeated within a trilogy like that. If it's the end of the Skywalker stuff I'm betting something like Journal of the Whills.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just think for marketing reasons it won't have Jedi in again after the last jedi. No previously trilogy has repeated within a trilogy like that. If it's the end of the Skywalker stuff I'm betting something like Journal of the Whills.
you know what Journal of the Whills would be incredible, because y'know. the sacred jedi texts !

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this one has been thought of before, but if they play the whole end of the saga angle and want to include sort of a rhyming of sagas or syncing up scheme of titles

Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
Balance of the Force

(but that would repeat the word Force within the trilogy from The Force Awakens)

Status
Not open for further replies.