• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
nChYq1g.png

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
In Last Jedi, when Luke runs around the island in the rain looking for Rey, did you get the sense he was looking for her because he was afraid she left and he was ready to leave with her? The novelization indicates that he was ... there's a line where he says, "Rey! You were right!" But then Luke sees Rey communicating with Kylo behind his back and it kills any chance of that happening. Kinda wish there was a line in the movie with Luke saying that... would have shown that Rey finally get to him.

I think the way Luke is smiling as he enters the hut gives us a clue. Luke's stance was softening through the entire movie. He started out cut off from the Force and ignored Rey completely, but was soon willing to train her and reconnected to the Force. He was well on the way to rejoining the fight but seeing Ben and Rey together made him panic.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Triple Force Friday, the latest in a tradition of Star Wars product launches, is set for October 4, Lucasfilm and Disney announced today. The event will see the debut of brand-new products inspired by three of the year's biggest Star Warsreleases, including:

• The highly anticipated, final installment of the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: Episode IX
  • The first-ever Star Wars live-action series, The Mandalorian, set to debut exclusively on the upcoming streaming service, Disney+.
  • The latest title from EA and Respawn — Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — a brand-new action-adventure game releasing holiday 2019
Products spanning categories from toys to collectibles, housewares, books, apparel, and more will go on sale beginning at 12:01 a.m. on October 4. As with past Force Friday celebrations, stores around the world will join the festivities with in-store events and midnight openings.

https://www.starwars.com/news/triple-force-friday-announced

When they tweeted this the date they put was 10/4 and for a second I thought that meant April 10th ):

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Last edited:

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Starting to think it will be a very brief teaser with no mention of a title. There will of course be a title, but they're just not ready to release it

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree. I mean, Mortis as an Honorable Mention just feels wild to me, when so much of it seems like it influenced Feloni in Rebels. Like i mentioned, I just use it as a rough guide for when things are more story arcs and when they're just random slice-of-life episodes.

I still enjoy watching them all because I love the quick season recaps with the Star Wars New Canon Book Club podcast episodes.

That list is from 4chan's /co/ and is about six years old. It predates both season 6 of TCW and the entirety of Rebels. This is another reason why it's not a great guide.

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars: The Chosen One

It was Rey all along. Skywalkers are an unnatural abuse of the force via Palpatine. Anakin was thought to be it purely because of "power levels" but that was missing the point and reflective of old Jedi hubris. Now Ben thinks he can claim that title. The audience will be led to believe its him. The movies twist will be that nope it's Rey. She's the real beginning of a new balanced Jedi order. She is the result of the force waking up to balance itself.

I mean if nothing else the title would be really fitting capstone for the saga.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In Last Jedi, when Luke runs around the island in the rain looking for Rey, did you get the sense he was looking for her because he was afraid she left and he was ready to leave with her? The novelization indicates that he was ... there's a line where he says, "Rey! You were right!" But then Luke sees Rey communicating with Kylo behind his back and it kills any chance of that happening. Kinda wish there was a line in the movie with Luke saying that... would have shown that Rey finally get to him.

Luke was absolutely ready to go tell Rey she was right and ready to leave with her. Then he saw her with Kylo and fucking flip switched back for a second I guess? Not until Yoda did Luke finally get his head fully out of his ass.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I'd be down with Star Wars: The Knights of Ren, but I assume JJ is going to want to end it with a more classical name like "Balance of the Force" or something.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down with Star Wars: The Knights of Ren, but I assume JJ is going to want to end it with a more classical name like "Balance of the Force" or something.
Balance of the Force is a really great title, the only drawback being the repeat use of the word Force from the Force Awakens ---- but I guess we already have the repeat of the word Jedi from ROTJ to TLJ.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I need to get back to The Clone Wars eventually. Still only on Season 1, but it's been an absolute blast you know.

Also, give me that trailer or title reveal. I'll be fine with just a title reveal today. Then we'll have to wait till April for a trailer. It's more fun this way.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Balance of the Force is a really great title, the only drawback being the repeat use of the word Force from the Force Awakens ---- but I guess we already have the repeat of the word Jedi from ROTJ to TLJ.
Yeah, I thought about that, too. I just think JJ is a SW sap and might want a "of the" title to close out each of the trilogies. I think whatever he does, it'll play on SW history.

Oct 28, 2017
Luke was absolutely ready to go tell Rey she was right and ready to leave with her. Then he saw her with Kylo and fucking flip switched back for a second I guess? Not until Yoda did Luke finally get his head fully out of his ass.

Yea, this is why I have always felt people overlooked Rey's role in getting him to reconnect with the force. After he shares with her what happened with Ben, Rey tells him "And you didn't fail Kylo, Kylo failed you. I won't." Immediately following is when Luke goes to the top of the mountain and reconnects with the force and feels Leia in danger. Rey definitely got to him with that line. A lot of people say Rey did nothing to sway Luke because it was ultimately Yoda that gives him the kick he needed but Rey was a huge influence. The only reason she even confided in Ben is because of how badly Luke freaked out about her being drawn to the dark place.

That said, I do think it was a big mistake to cut out that caretaker village raid scene because it serves two purposes: 1.) reinforces to Luke how much Rey believed in his legend and how his apathy is hurting people he loves and, 2.) pushes Rey closer to Ben because of how fed up she is with Luke's games and bullshit. I really don't understand the thinking behind cutting that scene. It would have only improved the film and it's so short that it doesn't hurt the pacing.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I thought about that, too. I just think JJ is a SW sap and might want a "of the" title to close out each of the trilogies. I think whatever he does, it'll play on SW history.
yeah, I'm hoping for it to do that. Either play on history with the 'of the' ie. "Balance of the Force" or I like the highly suggested "A New Order". Another option kinda in the back of my mind is a tie back to Phantom Menace. Something like "A New Menace", "The Phantom Beyond", "Order of the Phantoms"... something along those lines. Don't know how well that'd play.

Otherwise it should be just something super pulpy

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Yea, this is why I have always felt people overlooked Rey's role in getting him to reconnect with the force. After he shares with her what happened with Ben, Rey tells him "And you didn't fail Kylo, Kylo failed you. I won't." Immediately following is when Luke goes to the top of the mountain and reconnects with the force and feels Leia in danger. Rey definitely got to him with that line. A lot of people say Rey did nothing to sway Luke because it was ultimately Yoda that gives him the kick he needed but Rey was a huge influence. The only reason she even confided in Ben is because of how badly Luke freaked out about her being drawn to the dark place.

That said, I do think it was a big mistake to cut out that caretaker village raid scene because it serves two purposes: 1.) reinforces to Luke how much Rey believed in his legend and how his apathy is hurting people he loves and, 2.) pushes Rey closer to Ben because of how fed up she is with Luke's games and bullshit. I really don't understand the thinking behind cutting that scene. It would have only improved the film and it's so short that it doesn't hurt the pacing.
I think the movie also really needed those early, cut Finn sees watching the hologram. Helps establish his baseline at the beginning. Lots of good moments left on the editing floor.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I just hope the title is better then The Force Awakens, that one felt a bit generic and even when its spelled out in the movie, it was a bit sudden.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Should this be taken to mean that The Mandalorian won't premiere before October then?
Oh I kinda thought that was given. It all depends when the Disney + service launches, I assume the Mandlorian will a launch title for it. We've always heard late 2019. So I guess really anywhere from September to December is possible, but I'm leaning towards November December range.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, will Mandalorian and Clone Wars launch together? Probably not, but hopefully both are still releasing in 2019.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I kinda thought that was given. It all depends when the Disney + service launches, I assume the Mandlorian will a launch title for it. We've always heard late 2019. So I guess really anywhere from September to December is possible, but I'm leaning towards November December range.
September made sense to me because I figured they wouldn't drop it so close to IX. But maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.