• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
He also says it's not up to him, because he's not doing the next movie, and even freakin' quotes "from a certain point of view" which references probably the craziest retcon in cinematic history. So he heavily hints that at the very least, Kylo's words could be reinterpreted in the overarching plot.
Yeah, that's what I mean JJ could add things that change the context of scenes in TLJ.

One of the things that really stood out while reading and listening to interviews with RJ post TLJ is how careful he was with his words and also how considerate he was with other people's opinions of the film, wording his answers in ways as to not trump their interpretation. Lots of "for me" and "I think" rather than "this is the way it is is and that's a fact".

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I don't see JJ making a super long movie. All of his movies stick to pretty solid runtimes.

Not to mention, JJ movies move at such a fast clip that a 140 minute runtime means something different than another director/movie.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, that's what I mean JJ could add things that change the context of scenes in TLJ.

One of the things that really stood out while reading and listening to interviews with RJ post TLJ is how careful he was with his words and also how considerate he was with other people's opinions of the film, wording his answers in ways as to not trump their interpretation. Lots of "for me" and "I think" rather than "this is the way it is is and that's a fact".
Yup, and it's nice that he did that. Cuz pieces of entertainment should stand for themselves without any outside explanation. I hate when writers are egotistical enough to say "no, this interpretive aspect of X is factually Y". His responses here are very interesting and seem to be coming from a humble perspective, like everything else he seems to state publicly.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I was thinking, what if Kylo is half right? Her parents are nobody. Literally nobody. What if he just assumed the junk traders part because she was found on Jakku?

Rey might be the ultimate success of Sheev's plan to create a chosen one? He hid all that shit on Jakku, maybe that's where his lab was. Anakin was a failure, but perhaps he got it right with Rey?

This would put a bow on the series as well, going back to where we started.

I know this can't be an original thought, but it just occurred to me.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was thinking, what if Kylo is half right? Her parents are nobody. Literally nobody. What if he just assumed the junk traders part because she was found on Jakku?

Rey might be the ultimate success of Sheev's plan to create a chosen one? He hid all that shit on Jakku, maybe that's where his lab was. Anakin was a failure, but perhaps he got it right with Rey?

Man... if they make Rey "teh chosen one", the online discourse would be, something.

I'll just put my two cents in and say Kylo wasn't lying to her. Her parents sold her for drinking money. I think RJ was purposefully "killing the past" and not making Star Wars about who your parents were and making it all connect somehow. Would be refreshing if that was the case, IMO.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017

Whos gonna break the news to the masses in calm and civil OT thread ?
this, ofcourse, is a joke in case that needs to be said

Oct 27, 2017

I know this can't be an original thought, but it just occurred to me.

I just mentioned basically that earlier. Though I don't think she would have anything to do with Palpatine. Rather, palps made Anakin and the Jedi were mistaken to think he was the chosen one because "power levels" where really he was the manipulated one, the outcome of typical Sithiness to try to control the force rather than let it do its thing. Rey is the true chosen one because she is the manifestation of the force awakening itself rather than being prodded.

This won't happen though. I just think it would be an interesting way to wrap everything together all the way back to ep1, and to give a good reason why the Skywalker bloodline needs to end, cause they are unnatural to begin with. I also just want to see Kylo think he can be the hosennone and then get defeated by just some random girl.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have it as a hostage.

I need a ransom.
I've got 3 frozen Trader Joe's frozen meals and a dusty copy of Jedi Knight for you.
tumblr_p5ltvrRVHO1uaq40oo3_1280.gif

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This might be the best ever video I've seen on TLJ, holy fuck I feel ashamed to have missed it:

Breaks down why so many people hate the film to the extremities they do while recognizing that not everybody who didn't like it fall into this category. Deconstructs the roles men and women play and how basically no other major blockbuster has done something like it.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person WAY WAY WAY more anxious/hyped for IX than they were at this point in 2017 for TLJ?

The way TFA ended sort of led you to kind of know/predict in the broadest strokes how TLJ would play out (Rey would train with Luke and face Kylo but both would make it out alive, the Resistance would be on the run). With IX I have no clue whatsoever how it will play out or how it will end, it is a complete mystery to me. And with the fact this is not only the conclusion of the trilogy but being treated as the conclusion to all 9 saga films gets my imagination going on how they will connect all 9 films together (which JJ has gone on record saying he is treating this as the the conclusion to not just the third ST film but all 9 films).

Gets my a lot more anxious than I was at this point in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.