• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I saw that rumor being retweeted from wegothiscovered too. Isn't Fantha the site MSW retweeted recently in regards to the trailer?

Yeah, according to this there are multiple shows - Qi'ra, Lando, Finn, and Poe.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...ney_will_reportedly_feature_shows_about_qira/

Qi'ra + Maul and the Calrissian Chronicles would both be awesome. If they did a Finn show, it would be cool if it was during his time as a Stormtrooper, but according to the books he'd never seen action until just prior to TFA. Unless it's supposed to be a Finn and Poe buddy show.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kind of necessary to get the Qi'ra show at least unless they do a book to follow up on Solo. They obviously had plans for a sequel.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kind of necessary to get the Qi'ra show at least unless they do a book to follow up on Solo. They obviously had plans for a sequel.
Yeah, I've been tooting the Qi'ra/Maul show idea ever since we heard about Disney+ and it became clear there would be no Solo 2. You know, I'm honestly a bit surprised that the Cassian show got picked before a Qi'ra show.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
tenor.gif
Wow. I never caught this. Johnson is the man.

Someone needs to make a gif of these two back to back.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Didn't Daisy say she wanted to be done with SW for a while?

I could easily see John Boyega doing a show for years and years. He seems to just love being a part of the franchise.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just know that Daisy mentioned she's not up for more star wars after all this. At least I hope she changes her mind down the road.
Sigh.. yeah. She did. I don't blame her one bit, being the main lead in a SW trilogy must be outright exhausting. Maybe one day she'll want to reprise her role. But goddamn I would love a show based on her.

And a Finn show I would be ultra down for as well. Boyega does seem to be all over the role and lights up whenever he's on camera. Daisy on the other hand, you could see an exhaustion in her demeanor during the TLJ marketing run. Hopefully she has more fun this time around, in general.

I know she cried (happily) when she learned JJ was returning, so that's a very good sign.
Give me a good Finn TV series

Give me a Rey video game by a competent developer
Yeppppppp good, good..

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt Lucasfilm wants anything to do with committing to any kind of serious cannon material for post IX stuff in the orbit of the "core" environment. With IX wrapping, we might finally start to see a lot more depth given to the timeline between RotJ and IX, and quite frankly I've got no interest in what Poe and Finn were up to on a smaller scale during this period...I think it's just a boring era. But I enjoy the idea of maybe a Snoke book, Knights of Ren book, etc that I imagine will be written at some point.

Qira thing sounds fine if they can secure Clarke, which I think will be difficult. But Star Wars: Underworld might be a better fit, and seems like something that would be perfect as Filoni's next serious project after one or two more Clone Wars seasons. In animated form you could even get Han back in it if they ended anything further between he and Qira.

Please no to anything Lando related.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck a Rey game or show, I just want Daisy Ridley's instagram to be back.

RIP this goofy ass shit

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't surprise me when I see Daisy Ridley says she is done with SW for good after 9.

What surprises me is during the Blackkklansman Oscar press tour Adam Driver said he is sad he is done with SW after 9 and wishes he could keep playing the character for another 6 years.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't surprise me when I see Daisy Ridley says she is done with SW for good after 9.

What surprises me is during the Blackkklansman Oscar press tour Adam Driver said he is sad he is done with SW after 9 and wishes he could keep playing the character for another 6 years.
Not his fathers son indeed.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

That is surprising. I thought he'd be quite happy to leave the franchise after IX. I've always got the impression he prefers the less high profile roles without so much scrutiny as he's not a big fan of being in the spotlight.

I guess it demonstrates how invested in the character he's been. It shows on screen.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adam Driver has zero social media presence, I think he has been successfully able to live in his bubble of having SW insanity not really get to him.

Squall5042

Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream that the teaser dropped but all I could read were impressions on here and I couldn't find a link.

Someone referred to it with the initials AC, couldn't solve that one lol

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The TFA broadcast on ABC featured a lot of Captain Marvel trailers and even a first look featurette. Maybe a teaser trailer is in theaters w/ Captain Marvel?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly awaiting the day i hear less from cranky joyless 40 year old folks about the new SW movies, and more from young ones who actually grew up with them .

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Eagerly awaiting the day i hear less from cranky joyless 40 year old folks about the new SW movies, and more from young ones who actually grew up with them .

I've seen commentary from kids who grew up with the prequel trilogy as THEIR Star Wars and they unabashedly love it. Those are the fans I'm interested in interacting with.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen commentary from kids who grew up with the prequel trilogy as THEIR Star Wars and they unabashedly love it. Those are the fans I'm interested in interacting with.
I grew up with the Prequel trilogy, and while I can't say I love it, I like all of the political games in it. And I really liked Episode I as a kid. And Episode III have only grown on me over the years. I do prefer the ST and OT more. I seriously love all the Disney Star Wars movies.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Emilia Clarke show sounds like a bomb in the making but I would be all in for it, she was the most interesting part of Solo.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I grew up with the PT

I hate it sorry

However, they're enjoyable in the same way The Room is, so that's something!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I grew up with these bad boys. ;)

817bhNs0NhL._SY445_.jpg

Honestly grew up with a version before these came out but they were recorded VHS's and of poorer quality. In fact, the last 5 mins of ROTJ didn't record so I never knew what the very end was like until these VHSs came out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.