• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
These were mine, although my first-first was a dub of ESB before ROTJ came out in the theater.

il_570xN.1365848801_a6dj.jpg

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's interesting that Leia is so sexualized on the cover of ANH when she's portrayed the opposite in the film itself, aside from a brief (and relatively restrained) moment in her holding cell.

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah it was weird growing up in the 90's being addicted to the OT on VHS and then all of these prequels came out right during your adolescence. Like, there was a part of me that knew they weren't great but they also had tons of fighting and a metric ton of side merchandise like toys and games.

In a way, going to see the prequels felt more like going to see a cartoon on the big screen. It wasn't the prestige nerd event it is now (I'd argue The Lord of the Rings was that back then), but it was hard to escape at least enjoying Star Wars in general during the prequel era.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017

My favorite Special Edition change was them adding the Emperor's death scream to Luke when he jumped after his duel with Vader.

It was also the only version of the movie I knew until, like, 2005.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I grew up loving the prequels too up until my late teens. By then, I was somewhat mixed towards I and III. Meanwhile, I just outright hated II the more watched that one.

(I also blame Christopher Nolan for advancing my snobby film tastes)

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Read some new details about Rian's trilogy...I wasn't expecting that and I hope it comes sooner now.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it's Monday, which means we're starting the week that will reveal the title. Wow. So amazing. WoW.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm super interested in how they approach the title announce and if they do any kind of teaser before Celebration. I think it's an automatic to assume a trailer at Celebration in April. But we have now 3 weeks until the next major release that could benefit from some kind of cross marketing. Captain Marvel on March 8. Avengers comes out after Celebration.
I'm thinking either A) we get the title within these next 3 weeks before Captain Marvel, and then a teaser attached to it. Trailer at Celebration.
or B) we get a title announcement and that's it until Celebration, when boom trailer, which then gets attached to Avengers.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
What if it was called Avengers: Endgame and now JJ is scrambling like a madman to find a new title?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm super interested in how they approach the title announce and if they do any kind of teaser before Celebration. I think it's an automatic to assume a trailer at Celebration in April. But we have now 3 weeks until the next major release that could benefit from some kind of cross marketing. Captain Marvel on March 8. Avengers comes out after Celebration.
I'm thinking either A) we get the title within these next 3 weeks before Captain Marvel, and then a teaser attached to it. Trailer at Celebration.
or B) we get a title announcement and that's it until Celebration, when boom trailer, which then gets attached to Avengers.
April would be way too early for a full trailer. we haven't got anything but teasers till late summer so far. Usually around September.

The longer things go the more convinced I am they won't show the first teaser till Celebration.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
April would be way too early for a full trailer. we haven't got anything but teasers till late summer so far. Usually around September.
ehh Im not really accurate on my word usage for trailer vs teaser. Whatever I mean like the first little something that mostly black transition screens and voice-over and only a minute long or whatever, like the first thing we got for Force Awakens that November way back when

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Grew up with Star Wars and Return of the Jedi on VHS taped from tv which was the best, all the old school toy commercials and weird 80's quality commercials. Just fantastic. That and the Ewok movies, both of those were taped from tv too I think, I'll have to ask my folks if they have any of that still, maybe I could convert it all to digital, it would be such a trip to watch those versions again. I don't think I saw Empire for real until the THX VHS set came out.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My older brother had a shit load of the original toys so I grew up playing with those and lucky me I still have all of them. OG R5, R2, and Yoda figures, not to mention my favorite peanut head General Crix Madine.

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars: The Chosen One

Just to make fans lose their minds.

Star Wars: The Chosen One

It was Rey all along. Skywalkers are an unnatural abuse of the force via Palpatine. Anakin was thought to be it purely because of "power levels" but that was missing the point and reflective of old Jedi hubris. Now Ben thinks he can claim that title. The audience will be led to believe its him. The movies twist will be that nope it's Rey. She's the real beginning of a new balanced Jedi order. She is the result of the force waking up to balance itself.

I mean if nothing else the title would be really fitting capstone for the saga.

The more I sit on it the more I think it's seriously the perfect title, whether it's anything like my idea or not.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
The argument against it is that Johnson's subtext with The Last Jedi is that the Force belonged to everyone and the one to defeat Snoke/Kylo was a nobody. So thus deeming her the anointed one would revert back to the Monomyth when we seemed like we were (thankfully) escaping the issues of Lucas' prophecy.

Oct 27, 2017
The argument against it is that Johnson's subtext with The Last Jedi is that the Force belonged to everyone and the one to defeat Snoke/Kylo was a nobody. So thus deeming her the anointed one would revert back to the Monomyth when we seemed like we were (thankfully) escaping the issues of Lucas' prophecy.

It could use that though, turns out there is no chosen one, it was always gonna just end up being some random person who corrected the course. But Kylo is so intent on making himself the one, finishing what Vader started, he's obsessed with fulfilling prophecy and it blinds him, while Rey simply is Rey and that's all that matters.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hope there is no prophecy. That everything good was built on the effort of imperfect people.. over the course of time. That there is no one person who is perfect and is going to save the day. Rey is just the one to piece it all together, and aside from making mistakes of her own, has the knowledge and wisdom to reflect on the legacy of the Skywalkers and pick/choose what to use to redefine and rebuild the Jedi order. She's just a good person in the right moment.. the one to finish what Anakin and Luke started. Without her, the galaxy cannot progress, but without Anakin and Luke, Rey is unable to have that opportunity.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Maybe something more about the Resistance?

SW: Heroes of the Resistance
SW: The New Republic

Although I guess the cartoon might make it too close.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars: A new order is the best title I have seen so far.

Its ambiguous and sets up the new status quo after IX.

Status
Not open for further replies.