• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Hi guys. Long time lurker of this thread.

I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, although mostly just of the movies and games.

Does anyone else here watch collider Jedi council? I've watched for ages, but boy, it has become tough to get through. Same talking points brought up all time. I've found Star Wars explained to be the best YouTube channel lately.

Used to around when TLJ came out but I don't anymore. That one dude on the show annoys the shit out of me.

This dude

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hi guys. Long time lurker of this thread.

I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, although mostly just of the movies and games.

Does anyone else here watch collider Jedi council? I've watched for ages, but boy, it has become tough to get through. Same talking points brought up all time. I've found Star Wars explained to be the best YouTube channel lately.

untitled-71.gif

I've always stuck to Star Wars Explained. I'm always learn interesting little titbits from their videos, and Alex and his wife aren't trash.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the welcome! Nice to have a place to discuss Star Wars that's not a complete dumpster fire. I was reading IGN comments (I know) on EP9 finishing shooting, and good grief, some of these people are out to lunch. Everything a conspiracy with them. Getting to the point of parody.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/21/star-wars-episode-9-ix-movie-title-release-date-trailer

"The Title

As of right now, we still don't know the official title for Episode IX. If it's any consolation, neither do most of the people working on the film. Dominic Monaghan, who is appearing in the film, revealed on an Instagram Q&A that only director J.J. Abrams actually knows the full title for the film. And Abrams clearly isn't telling.

As for when Abrams will share that news with the rest of the world, it's still anyone's guess. We have some theories based on the timetable of past title reveals. But worst case scenario, expect the title and first trailer to be revealed at Star Wars Celebration in April 2019."

Ha, this title man.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love those clickbait articles where it's like EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT X MOVIE and then the actual article admits they don't know anything and it's just a placeholder to collect SEO hits.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Estimate title announcement is now February 22nd-April 15th(we all know it's before April though).=p

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
BREAKING: JJ ordered Domino's. Third bowel movement of the day. Is updating Sony Vegas Pro to edit a funny clip of his cat.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
The only SW podcast I listen to anymore is the New Canon Book Club, but they haven't made a new episode since Solo came out.

Still, they're a great way to hear the stories of New Canon books you don't read. Their tastes generally align with mine. They're not afraid to call stuff bad but not needlessly cynical. They also have a Let's Play of Battlefront 2 that I enjoyed.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wrong before but I think we'll get a title today.
It's either today or we gotta reset the timer for Monday.

I'm honesty really surprised they're waiting so long to release the title. Not sure what the deal is, I really hope they're not wanting to wait until celebration to release it with the teaser like with Endgame.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's either today or we gotta reset the timer for Monday.

I'm honesty really surprised they're waiting so long to release the title. Not sure what the deal is, I really hope they're not wanting to wait until celebration to release it with the teaser like with Endgame.
An ET reporter is uploading an interview with JJ Abrams tomorrow.

I don't think they'd be able to do that with the early IX merchandises they'll probably want to sell at Celebration.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
what else could an interview with JJ mean, realistically? He hasn't done any press in a long time it seems.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
If JJ really is the only one who knows the title then it aint gonna get revealed until April. SW Celebration is a big deal, right? Would wanna save the title reveal for then.

Hopefully it's not anything stupid or corny like "The Final Fight" or "The Last Skywalker"

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
If JJ really is the only one who knows the title then it aint gonna get revealed until April. SW Celebration is a big deal, right? Would wanna save the title reveal for then.

Hopefully it's not anything stupid or corny like "The Final Fight" or "The Last Skywalker"
I would think they'd want the title before Celebration so that they can have branded merch to buy at the event.

Squall5042

Oct 25, 2017
I've been listening to Full of Sith for a while, I'd like to have a podcast that recaps the weeks news, anyone have recommendations for that?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been listening to Full of Sith for a while, I'd like to have a podcast that recaps the weeks news, anyone have recommendations for that?
For more newsy sort of features I would go with TheForceCast and The Star Wars Report.

If anyone wants a more fun goofy comedy focused Star Wars podcast I can't recommend Blast Points enough, they are hilarious. Especially when they do their lengthy discussions and analysis of nonsense old Star Wars children's picture books lol.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So sorry for this drive by post yesterday. Came back from a long lunch and those words were still resting in my comment box as I had begun typing them from when there was some AOTC discussion going on a few days ago, and I semi-accidentally hit reply. no regrets tho and I stand by what it says.

Look I know it's pretty commonly considered the "most not good" of any of the films, but I've firmly transformed into a prequelist, able to set aside my long held dislikes of certain aspects of the trilogy because so much of it is indeed actually enjoyable, compelling and interesting, And, increasingly more so, the nostalgia of watching the prequels is a huge factor in enjoying them, with the bad and the good. Ep 1 is 20 years old! There's a lot of collective personal and cultural humor built up around some of the "badness" of those movies, that now it's more fun to laugh at the thing and enjoy the joy of the humor than it ever was to actively hold a grudge against the thing for it being dumb or cringey or whatever. the grand scope of that trilogy, poor execution of some aspects set aside, grows more interesting and relevant year by year, especially at the release of each new movie or book.

Plus the back half of AOTC, starting with the droid factory and on, is just plain fun, and I'll never ever get tired of Yoda showing up to the lightsaber fight.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a few more podcasts to check out:

Blast Points (top tier)
Scavenger's Hoard
Who Talks First
What the Force (consistently in depth and excellent)
Skytalkers
Star Wars Underworld
Bad Motivators
Forcecenter

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

He will 100% be seeing the Sinister Jar Jar Abrams who refuses to release the title because he hates the fans. It obviously won't release today so this video probably him stepping on my dreams and hopes.

George Lucas would have never done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.