• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
The problem of anticipating and wanting to read SWs books when they first come out but also really preferring paperbacks (despite the dreadful wait) and also having a general to-read list a mile long. At least I've stopped preordering them and letting them sit on a shelf for years.

Master and Apprentice is gonna be hard to wait for.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The problem of anticipating and wanting to read SWs books when they first come out but also really preferring paperbacks (despite the dreadful wait) and also having a general to-read list a mile long. At least I've stopped preordering them and letting them sit on a shelf for years.

Master and Apprentice is gonna be hard to wait for.
Yeah, I hate how it takes a while for the paperbacks to come out. Hardcovers are too expensive and I hate dust covers.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
hux-yelling.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I might check out that Queen's Shadow book, since Padmé is one of, if not my favorite Star Wars character. And I love the politics at play in the PT. Although, I read a few chapters of Lost Stars some two years ago and enjoyed it, I might return to it now that Dune has gotten me properly back into reading books.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of nonsense is this

Go over 20,000 posts and not make another thread

It's never been done in the history of the Jedi

It's insulting

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I went over to our old stomping grounds and that thread has had, like, 5 posts since MMarston killed the website with his god awful re-watch thread. Crazy how one thread destroyed a whole website, tragic. Told him not to re-watch Episode II but he didn't listen...

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm more embarrassed by how I joked in the hype/red carpet thread that a guy named Ray -- not Rey -- died at the end of TFA.

People legit believed me and then Bobby gave me shit for it.

Rey dies at the end of The Galaxy United.

Just don't spoil the Reylo sex scene, I want that to be a surprise for everyone

Hands down the worst scene in all of Star Wars confirmed.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay but for real, here's the IX plot

The Resistance learns that the Empire has been constructing a new Starkiller under the supervision of Kylo Ren and his Knights. As the station is protected by an energy shield, Poe leads a strike team to destroy the shield generator on Tattooine; doing so would allow a squadron of starfighters to destroy the Death Star. Rey and Finn accompany the strike team to Endor in a stolen Imperial shuttle. Rey and his companions encounter a tribe of Jawas and, after an initial conflict, gain their trust. Later, Rey tells Finn that she isn't related to anyone at all, but nonetheless, she must confront Kylo Ren. Surrendering to FO troops, Rey is brought before Kylo, and she tries to convince him to return from the dark side of the Force.

Kylo takes Rey to the Starkiller Deux, intent on turning her to the dark side. He reveals that the Starkiller is operational and that the Resistance will fall into a trap. On Tattooine, Han's team is captured by the Knights of Ren, but a counterattack by the Jawas allows the Resistance to infiltrate the shield generator. Meanwhile, Lando Calrissian leads the fleet in the Millennium Falcon, again, only to find that the Starkiller's shield is still active, and the FO fleet waiting for them. Kylo tempts Rey to give in to her anger, and she engages him in a lightsaber duel. Enraged, Rey attacks and severs Kylo's prosthetic hand. He entreats Rey to kill him and take his place, but Rey refuses, declaring herself a Jedi that her parents never were. Furious, Kylo tortures Rey with Force lightning. Unwilling to let his secret crush for the last three movies die, General Hux throws Kylo down a pit, but is mortally electrocuted in the process. At his last request, Rey makes out with Hux before he dies in her arms.

After the strike team destroys the shield generator, Lando leads a group of fighters into the Starkiller core and destroys its main reactor. Rey manages to escape on a shuttle. Unfortunately, Lando does not make it out on time like last time and dies in a fiery blaze, but not before seeing the ghost of L3 welcoming him into her arms.

On Tattooine, Finn reveals to Poe that Rey really isn't related to anyone at all. Poe kisses Finn -- however, despite both being gay, Finn backs out, revealing that he was never attracted to Poe in the first place and thought that their relationship was strictly platonic. Poe proceeds to be embarassed and depressed and calls himself a "fucking idiot" for the remainder of the movie's ending.

Rey cremates Hux's body on a pyre. As the defeat of the FO is celebrated, Rey sees of all the Jedi who have died since then wondering what in the ever flying fuck just happened.

As a first for the series, there is a post-credits stinger. Rose is on the phone with an unknown individual about the future of the New Republic. Her tone turns sinister as she ends the call with "it's all gone exactly as planned... Chancellor Organa."

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
So there's a "school" that trains people in lightsaber fighting. Which sounds silly until you see it in action.

It's amazing how far lightsaber technology has come.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

The Resistance learns that the Empire has been constructing a new Starkiller under the supervision of Kylo Ren and his Knights. As the station is protected by an energy shield, Poe leads a strike team to destroy the shield generator on Tattooine; doing so would allow a squadron of starfighters to destroy the Death Star. Rey and Finn accompany the strike team to Endor in a stolen Imperial shuttle. Rey and his companions encounter a tribe of Jawas and, after an initial conflict, gain their trust. Later, Rey tells Finn that she isn't related to anyone at all, but nonetheless, she must confront Kylo Ren. Surrendering to FO troops, Rey is brought before Kylo, and she tries to convince him to return from the dark side of the Force.

Kylo takes Rey to the Starkiller Deux, intent on turning her to the dark side. He reveals that the Starkiller is operational and that the Resistance will fall into a trap. On Tattooine, Han's team is captured by the Knights of Ren, but a counterattack by the Jawas allows the Resistance to infiltrate the shield generator. Meanwhile, Lando Calrissian leads the fleet in the Millennium Falcon, again, only to find that the Starkiller's shield is still active, and the FO fleet waiting for them. Kylo tempts Rey to give in to her anger, and she engages him in a lightsaber duel. Enraged, Rey attacks and severs Kylo's prosthetic hand. He entreats Rey to kill him and take his place, but Rey refuses, declaring herself a Jedi that her parents never were. Furious, Kylo tortures Rey with Force lightning. Unwilling to let his secret crush for the last three movies die, General Hux throws Kylo down a pit, but is mortally electrocuted in the process. At his last request, Rey makes out with Hux before he dies in her arms.

After the strike team destroys the shield generator, Lando leads a group of fighters into the Starkiller core and destroys its main reactor. Rey manages to escape on a shuttle. Unfortunately, Lando does not make it out on time like last time and dies in a fiery blaze, but not before seeing the ghost of L3 welcoming him into her arms.

On Tattooine, Finn reveals to Poe that Rey really isn't related to anyone at all. Poe kisses Finn -- however, despite both being gay, Finn backs out, revealing that he was never attracted to Poe in the first place and thought that their relationship was strictly platonic. Poe proceeds to be embarassed and depressed and calls himself a "fucking idiot" for the remainder of the movie's ending.

Rey cremates Hux's body on a pyre. As the defeat of the FO is celebrated, Rey sees of all the Jedi who have died since then wondering what in the ever flying fuck just happened.

As a first for the series, there is a post-credits stinger. Rose is on the phone with an unknown individual about the future of the New Republic. Her tone turns sinister as she ends the call with "it's all gone exactly as planned... Chancellor Organa."
JJ has another hit on his hands.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Lets never dislike anything, even when its really bad

Kudos to the on multiple level working MGS Reference

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Bring back Reylo

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's 1 am in the UK, my dude is dreaming of titles and trailers.

giphy.gif

Which title do we want then? Looking over the past few pages, it seems the favourites are:

- This is getting out hand. Now there are two of them!
- We didn't spark the fire.
- Still looking to the horizon.
- It's time to let old threads die.

Or you could grant me emergency powers and I'll choose. Don't expect any form of democracy ever again though.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I might put that Mark Hamill thread on Ignore. Not sure I can be arsed with Star Wars threads anymore. Always the same shit.

In my naivety, before TLJ come out, I remember thinking to myself that after TFA kinda spilt people on the whole remake/not a remake thing, that this movie would would unite the fan base. Holy shit what a fool I was! Is it possible to have been more wrong about something? lol

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Which title do we want then? Looking over the past few pages, it seems the favourites are:

Or you could grant me emergency powers and I'll choose. Don't expect any form of democracy ever again though.
All these are mine so I could go with any of those titles lol

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Think I might put that Mark Hamill thread on Ignore. Not sure I can be arsed with Star Wars threads anymore. Always the same shit.

In my naivety, before TLJ come out, I remember thinking to myself that after TFA kinda spilt people on the whole remake/not a remake thing, that this movie would would unite the fan base. Holy shit what a fool I was! Is it possible to have been more wrong about something? lol
Stay in here with us for your Star Wars talk mate! Tis the only pleasant Star Wars discussion on the web these days

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the fanbase has been united since ROTJ. Lol.
I would say ESB. ROTJ was very divisive when it came out. A lot of the older fans at the time threw fits that Lucas had "sold out" and was only trying to appeal to kids to sell toys with the muppets (as they called them at the time) in Jabbas palace and the Ewoks.

Lots and lots of meltdowns about the Ewoks.

Then of course we know how bad it got with the Special Editions, that was the origin of "George Lucas raped my childhood.".

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

I feel for mark he can say nothing without people turning his opinions into crusades of who is right and everyone else being wrong.

I respect mark a lot and I think some of what he said would have been cool to see but ultimately that's not what they wanted to do with the sequels, but his thoughts shouldn't be the only valid opinion.

But I so far love what we got so maybe I'm the exception to the rule.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017

original.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.