• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Wife and I are in the hospital, we're gonna have our first baby. Wearing one of my favorite t shirts. It's chewing sitting at the campfire bout to eat a porg while the porg looks on. Kiddo will be well aquatinted right off the bat lmao. Bout to be a proud star war papa ;D

Edit it's this image :D on the shirt

midnight-snack-star-wars-teeturtle_800x.jpg
All the best fella and congrats to you and your partner

Will he/she Have a Star Wars name ; )

Oct 28, 2017
England
Wife and I are in the hospital, we're gonna have our first baby. Wearing one of my favorite t shirts. It's chewing sitting at the campfire bout to eat a porg while the porg looks on. Kiddo will be well aquatinted right off the bat lmao. Bout to be a proud star war papa ;D

Congratulations and good luck to you and Mrs. Janusff! This calls for a celebration!

giphy.webp

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like an image of young Luke from the original TFA Forceback sequence has leaked out...a few years late.

younglukepbcb6.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Congrats to you and your wife for the new family member. Wishing you all the best.
And that scene is one of my favorites in TLJ, such a great way of welcoming your baby into the world. :)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even begin to imagine the amount of meltdowns and fan backlash that probably would've happened had this leaked prior to TFA's release.

It actually did leak, sort of. I think it was MakingStarWars that correctly reported that this actor had been cast as young Luke for a Force flashback sequence, but ultimately the scene was changed before release.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
It actually did leak, sort of. I think it was MakingStarWars that correctly reported that this actor had been cast as young Luke for a Force flashback sequence, but ultimately the scene was changed before release.
Gotcha. I imagine he probably would've been filmed in the background of the flashback or something. Man, it would've been pretty neat to watch Rey see Luke's duel with Vader from an outside perspective.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this posted on Reddit.
HUQcjHL.png

So the whole "don't meet your heroes" idea was there from when JJ was working on the movie.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm interesting. I can understand Nolan or villineueve cause they have such a distinctive style. But Russo bros., only thing I associate with them in any kind of style is just well made action scenes.

That's all the Russos are good at. I single out those two directors not simply for their style but ethos of filmmaking even in a major blockbuster. Nolan and V don't give two fucking licks about cool, long ass fight scenes. They only care about character and themes, their action scenes used to further reveal these two characteristics. Who gives a shit how awesomely choreographed the second Bane fight is, the point is Batman conquering his fears or rather learning to live with them again.

Russos just throw action slop around to rouse the nerd fanbase, but they rarely have a larger point. Rian understood this with TLJ, fuck your fanservice, it's about the characters. I want a character and theme focused director for Star Wars not Michael Bay or whoever else.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Hard fucking pass.

Now, Nolan or Villineueve would literally cause me to die of hype.
Ain't like there can only be one other director ever.

I've said Villineuve could fit in as a director for Rian's trilogy before and he has said he's be willing to work on Star Wars, so Id be realy happy with that.

The Russos could also make some great Star Wars movies that angled more on the Blockbuster side rather than on the side of what a Rian Johnson or Villineuve.

Like a Solo type movie by them would've be pretty awesome.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up with Resistance, while my opinions of the show (it's pretty good) haven't changed, I will say that it's momentum is starting to stale. We're 8 episodes in and the whole Resistance angle barely seems to matter at all right now and the First Order is not really a factor.

I hope that they leave the station soon and the First Order becomes a bigger part of the show.

Also, why is Kaz so fucking tall? It's weird.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
This director talk reminds me how I originally thought Fincher would be my dream pick for a Kenobi film... But I think that's gone to Villeneuve now.

Nolan is great, but I'm struggling to picture a fit for him in the Star Wars universe.

And yeah, Russos would be good for just about anything.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Caught up on Resistance finally, man this is awful. Worst thing is the main character, holy shit he's a total moron. It's odd when everyone else in the show is mostly "normal", yet the main character who is supposed to be a great pilot and a spy, sucks at everything and acts like a clown.

We finally get another race, and it was pretty boring in presentation. Seeing the combat direction in the episode prior gives me no confidence in this really going anywhere special, they go out of the way to have blasters do nothing, everyone runs into really badly animated fish fights that make little sense. The pirate raid episode was sad.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

On one hand, it's For KidsTM

On the other, the style reminds me a bit of that fanmade TIE Fighter short and I'm kinda into it?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
This director talk reminds me how I originally thought Fincher would be my dream pick for a Kenobi film... But I think that's gone to Villeneuve now.

Nolan is great, but I'm struggling to picture a fit for him in the Star Wars universe.

And yeah, Russos would be good for just about anything.

Really? I'd love for him to takeover the mainline series. Dude's style and storytelling ethos just reverberates OT style Star Wars. The only concern would be his ability to adopt an even more "kid-friendly" humor. But, I don't think that would be a problem.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this posted on Reddit.
HUQcjHL.png

So the whole "don't meet your heroes" idea was there from when JJ was working on the movie.

So George approved at least two pieces of concept art before JJ took over. It's interesting that Christian mentioned Col. Kurtz as an inspiration. Phil Szostak, a member of the Lucasfilm art department who wrote the Art Of books for most of the new movies, said the exact same thing awhile ago on Twitter. I put together everything I could find about what George's ideas for the sequel trilogy were. For reference, this is only George's ideas for the 2011-2013 version of the sequel trilogy, not anything he had bouncing around in the 70s or 80s.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Really? I'd love for him to takeover the mainline series. Dude's style and storytelling ethos just reverberates OT style Star Wars. The only concern would be his ability to adopt an even more "kid-friendly" humor. But, I don't think that would be a problem.

Yeah, that's true actually. My brain just tries to force him into the modern Star Wars template.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So George approved at least two pieces of concept art before JJ took over. It's interesting that Christian mentioned Col. Kurtz as an inspiration. Phil Szostak, a member of the Lucasfilm art department who wrote the Art Of books for most of the new movies, said the exact same thing awhile ago on Twitter. I put together everything I could find about what George's ideas for the sequel trilogy were. For reference, this is only George's ideas for the 2011-2013 version of the sequel trilogy, not anything he had bouncing around in the 70s or 80s.
Interesting, still in middle of reading but that Darth Talon "Seduction" bit stands out. Was the idea perhaps quite literal seduction by the Dark Side, perhaps for Luke's betrayer student?

Status
Not open for further replies.