• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This is what he had to say about directing one.
It's something that, again it's like, I would be intrigued. I don't know, it's very difficult. What is dangerous with Star Wars right now is it's become its own vocabulary. I would love to see them, I think Rogue One was a very interesting attempt to get out of the mold… I think it would be a great idea to get out of there and to go on a new part of the galaxy, that I would be open to

Usually this type of stuff is lip service cus most directors wouldn't say, "nah, fuck that" and will try to give a positive response but he did outright say no to superhero films. He said, I believe, that growing up in Quebec he didn't have American comics but rather European ones, so he has no real connection to them but he does for Star Wars.

I don't think the stars will ever align for him to actually direct one but it is something that's not completely out of the question.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who thinks Boba Fett is a garbage character. A Boba Fett film that's just reskinned Dredd and takes ideas from the cancelled Prey 2 and Star Wars 1313 would be pure kino.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Stephen Schiff (The Americans) will be the new Cassian Andor showrunner:

Schiff is coming off a five-year stint on the acclaimed FX drama series The Americans, which he joined at the start of Season 2, rising to executive producer and sharing in the series' two best drama Emmy nominations

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
It feels so strange to not have a Star Wars movie for this December...my god the wait is going to be painful next year!

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching TLJ

"He vanished with a handful of my students"

Hmmmmmm... wonder if JJ will do anything with this in IX.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching TLJ

"He vanished with a handful of my students"

Hmmmmmm... wonder if JJ will do anything with this in IX.
They comin'
kLlvSQh.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Knights of Ren gotta make an appearance, man. Can't name drop them and not have them in somehow.
They're even more intriguing now that we know they were former students of Luke's so they'll be able to use the Force.

You can probably have a lot of cool fight scenes with those weapons + the Force.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rey gonna face-turn the Knights of Ren and will lead them by the end of the movie.

Marston lock of the year.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
o0Pkdw9.gif

"It's over, Rey. We have the superior numbers."

"No, you're going to love this. Trust me."

"This is a Rey The Force Awakens"
HIvHJwb.png

"And this is what is known as a Rey The Last Jedi or you could just call this a Mary Sue."
IDQAZBdl.png

"And this...is to go even further beyond! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
MZ8hovK.png

Why did I make this stupid ass post.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You condition everyone to expect Star Wars in Christmas and with the one movie that has had a lot of iffy press you decide to release it with only 2 months worth of marketing. Two months.

Bob Iger has done a lot of smart things but I'll never understand the logic behind Solo's release and its marketing.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, Bob Iger is the reason for this?=O
They wanted Christmas lined up so Mary Poppins could destroy the box office (which probably was the smarter investment if early word is anything to go by). It still sucks that there won't be a Star Wars movie to see during the holidays. I've gone with all my extended family every Christmas since The Force Awakens. It's gonna be sad.

I love these animated shorts! I would watch a whole show in this style.

dolo

Nov 27, 2018
Hi! I just discovered this forum a few days ago and haven't posted anything yet. You've had some interesting discussion and I figured I would have to join at some point haha. I'm about to watch Solo for the first time, which I've been saving for some time. I've heard some good stuff and some bad, I'm curious to hear your thoughts about it after I've watched the film!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hi! I just discovered this forum a few days ago and haven't posted anything yet. You've had some interesting discussion and I figured I would have to join at some point haha. I'm about to watch Solo for the first time, which I've been saving for some time. I've heard some good stuff and some bad, I'm curious to hear your thoughts about it after I've watched the film!
Welcome to ERA! And to our SW thread.

Let us know what you think of Solo.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's a fun movie, and it doesn't try to be anything more than that. Not perfect by any means but considering the circumstances under which it was produced, Ron Howard did an amazing job.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to say that those shorts on Star Wars Kids were fucking amazing. Holy shit is LucasFilm dropping the ball if they're not planning on making a full show with that quality ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.