• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys do know the reasom why those shorts look so great is becuase they're shorts that use audio from the films right. If you were to get a 2D star Wars cartoon in this day and age it would look less like this shorts and more like the marvel animated series that air on Disney XD.

dolo

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for the warm welcome! I liked Solo. Most of it was good, especially Alden Ehrenreich who to me was Han Solo right away. It was really entertaining and never had me bored, the pace was really good I think.
The twist at the end was pretty good was well done, atleast the first time you watch it. My only real problem with the movie minus some nitpicky things I can ignore was the Kira(?) Keera(?) storyline.

She had way less impact on Han than I assumed she would. They were in love and got seperated tragically, then they find each other and she is obviously passed him (or lost hope of it working). I was hoping they would explore this human trafficking plot which was really intriguing but I guess not. They just left it at ''I've done horrible things and this wont work'', they never explained what and nothing about this changes. She says this wont work and then she leaves him.

I really wish they would have developed this further because the first part of this storyline was great. When they introduced her mark/tattoo and the idea of her being a slave I really thought this was going somewhere, but the conclusion was disappointing to me.

It's cool that they wanted to use Maul though!

Overall fun movie but could have been better! On the other hand it could have been so much worse, especially with all the drama, I'm happy for everyone involved that it turned out so well.

Let me know or delete my comment if the spoiler thing doesn't work, I have no idea what I'm doing haha.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This should be the thread's header.
222a7dcy.png

But maybe a 4k version so every erotic pixel is crystal clear.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Follow the same rule as TLJ: do not believe any alleged rumor or spoiler unless it comes from MakingStarWars. Not one of these clickbait sites has ever once gotten a rumor correct.
It came from the Star Wars Production thread and even talked about other Star Wars things like The Mandalorian, Fallen Order, Galaxy's Edge and such!=O But yeah it's better to use them still.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
l611uIo.jpg

What that fuck is that? Is that a fucking cat? Hey, don't fucking look at me like that. That's a weird looking cat. MAAAAAA! Yo, there's a stray cat outside!

Oct 28, 2017
England
l611uIo.jpg

What that fuck is that? Is that a fucking cat? Hey, don't fucking look at me like that. That's a weird looking cat. MAAAAAA! Yo, there's a stray cat outside!

It's a Voorpak. They're a native species of Naboo that made a few appearances in Legends, but this marks their first Canon outing. Interestingly, they might not be the only species to have made their Canon appearance in the most recent episode of Resistance...

DtaudYNVsAAU7iH.jpg:large

... could this merchant be our first glimpse at a Bothan?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Mark's performances have not been particularly great in past Star Wars films, I mean, he gets the job done but nothing really stands out but in TLJ I'd say he is legitimately great.

There's some really outstanding line reading from him in that film.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
One of the few things I can actually imagine it being (that would fit in line with past marketing) is some sort of Force For Change tie-in like they did with TFA during its production.

That or a simple production tease like TLJ's:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They must have a lot of okay B-roll to put together a simple teaser like the first one for TFA.

Only the x-wing and Falcon shot were super special effects heavy and the others weren't.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there is a teaser this month, I will watch Attack of the Clones as the surrogate for the lack of a theatrical SW movie this season.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go watch Ralph Breaks the Internet and pretend those, like, 2 seconds where you see an X-Wing fly by is this December's Star Wars movie.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe I'll just go on an Oscar Isaac marathon until I perfectly adopt all his mannerisms.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Controversial opinion:

Performance wise, ROTJ Luke is the worst Luke.
Everyone was at their worst in Return of the Jedi. Harrison and Carrie didn't even try getting into character lol.

But his last scene on the Death Star where he is holding Vader and crying does get me in the feels though.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I secretly want them to pull a fast one and announce Episode X.

Not just because I want more out of the new crew, but also so I can watch the world burn.

Oct 28, 2017
Potential episode 9 spoiler:

Reading in the rumor thread at TF.net that Rey and Rose have a subplot where they go on an adventure together.

Status
Not open for further replies.