• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting all my hopes and dreams on this rumor and my soul will be crushed if it doesn't pan out. I will be a husk if JJ doesn't give me that teaser.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't finished Alliances yet so that might be on the top of my list during the Christmas break.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

Releasing this week:
tHxexB4l.jpg

8GOKkWTl.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
If they ever do a Knights of the Old Republic, that's the type of shit I wanna see. Give me some Game of Thrones type shit.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How was the second Thrawn book? I liked the first one.

Boring. The back and forth netwee time periods was repetitive and it didn't help that Batuu was just not very interesting as a location. The villain's plot was literally taken from a GBA game.

Cool lore stuff at the end though.

Read the new comics today. AOR: Qui-Gon was pretty good. I'm glad that Qui-Gon reinforces that balance does not involve the dark side. Still not feeling this SW arc though.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
And me writing the screenplay.

Meaning I'll be able to fire Wadium with my influence and take over production.
My next move will be to write an animated Star Wars movie that gets 100% on the tomato meter. I'll hire Genndy too.

The premise of the new Thrawn book sounds interesting. Hopefully it's more in line with the first book.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of Rebels, I was hoping they would have announced a box set by now. I've been holding off on buying the separate Blu-rays. Maybe they're waiting until Celebration.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a promoted SW video on my twitter feed and I got all excited and thought it was for Ep IX at first but it turned out to be a trailer for the disney world park ):

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I know we've already covered this and beat it to death but....

I'd bet a large sum that we get a IX teaser by the end of the year. It just makes sense. Even if they're still filming, they could whip up a lil something.

It's gonna happen baby. I can feel it

tumblr_mg0x24Cmy21s0iu6xo1_500.gif

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know we're a year out and also still too early to sign it up in the OT list thread, but can I call dibs on making the Episode IX OT?

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the idea of attaching an Ep 9 trailer to Mary Poppins, I personally think that might be a bit weird. If, and it's a gigantic if, there's a trailer this December, I'd think it be put with Spider-Man.

Really tho, I don't see a trailer coming this month, I'd rather they just wait till Celebration.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rey's Theme and Jedi Steps are pure Star Wars. I still dislike that helicopter shot at the end though.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Hows Star Wars Legacy
Late with this but I loved reading Legacy when it was out. I just like how there's more than empire v Rebels kinda Galaxy. I like the whole idea of Roan Fel's empirial knights too, basically Jedi without the religion. Overall really dug Legacy, even though I feel like it kinda loses steam close to the end of the series.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am now a few issues in and I am still not exactly surte whats the complete situation of the politics in the galaxy is.
The Sith are back open and in all their evil, alligned with one of the two new galactic empires, who beat the alliance. But it appears that basicly everyone is super fine with this even the few remaining Jedi, who only care about the sith? Idk, I dont think this all is very believable, espescially since not that much time has passed since the New Republic died?

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am now a few issues in and I am still not exactly surte whats the complete situation of the politics in the galaxy is.
The Sith are back open and in all their evil, alligned with one of the two new galactic empires, who beat the alliance. But it appears that basicly everyone is super fine with this even the few remaining Jedi, who only care about the sith? Idk, I dont think this all is very believable, espescially since not that much time has passed since the New Republic died?

It's actually been like 70 years or something since the New Republic collapsed and was replaced by the Galactic Alliance. Since that time, the Fel Dynasty has been working hard to portray themselves as the "good" empire. They're law abiding, non-xenophobic, spent a bunch to help rebuild the galaxy, etc.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody ever played KOTOR on mobile? How does it play?

A shame they never remastered it.
Haven't played but googling indicates it works pretty well though apparently the ship defense minigame is problematic on touchscreen. Then again, one can use a bluetooth controller apparently.

Honestly, it would need to be a remake really, that is, overhauled gameplay. DnD 3.5 is not very good system for computer games, and especially now thanks to how BioWare balanced it. KOTOR 2's gameplay is much better but still suffers from the base system.
Incidentally, is there a gameplay mod for KOTOR that improves its gameplay to be more akin to KOTOR 2? That is, blasters and skills (and other stuff) being viable and useful, as opposed to vanilla KOTOR where they're worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.