• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You say that like I have Playstation Plus. 😞

Also, one of these kids would go insane if he played online cus they die each time. He keeps playing Yoda and one time I told him I was gonna put it on so he could play as the bad guys, dude started crying 'cus he wanted to be Yoda.
source.gif

Sign me the fuck up. I hope this is what EP9 ends up being
I'm directing Episode IX

AMA

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One is on tv and I'm really enjoying it. Loving the cast and all the planets we go to. I'm glad this cinematographer is also doing Dune.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Rogue One is on tv and I'm really enjoying it. Loving the cast and all the planets we go to. I'm glad this cinematographer is also doing Dune.
While I was sad Roger Deakins wasn't returning because he is pretty much unparalled at this point and a lot of the steady, geometric, wide shots in BR2049 were exactly what I'd hope for out of Dune, rewatching Rogue One did a lot to salve the wound. A lot of those Jeddha scenes, especially with the looming Star Destroyers, wouldn't look out of place.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
While I was sad Roger Deakins wasn't returning because he is pretty much unparalled at this point and a lot of the steady, geometric, wide shots in BR2049 were exactly what I'd hope for out of Dune, rewatching Rogue One did a lot to salve the wound. A lot of those Jeddha scenes, especially with the looming Star Destroyers, wouldn't look out of place.
Yes. I was the same. Super bummed about no Roger Deakins, but rewatching Rogue One is making me feel good about Greig Fraser. Jedha scenes were great-looking.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I was the same. Super bummed about no Roger Deakins, but rewatching Rogue One is making me feel good about Greig Fraser. Jedha scenes were great-looking.
Also on that note, a fun but completely useless fact: for 2/3 of his sci-fi films Villeneuve will have worked with the cinematographers for both "A Star Wars Story Films".

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Theory: JJ is a sick perv who gets off on my tears. It's the only logical reason for him to have not released the title.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
Hey, a fun Resistance episode! Whatta ya know!

featuring the return of the droid, the myth, the legend: BB-H8
Having enjoyed from the start, its finally starting to hit things that people have been asking for.

I've said it before, they gave this show the S.H.I.E.L.D season 1 treatment. Turning gears until the big event occurs to upset the status quo

Oct 28, 2017
From the TLJ novelization:

I'm thinking this will be part of the episode 9 plot and the character Dominic Monaghan is playing is one of those surviving New Republic commanders.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
got round to a few of the audio books I've been sitting on...

Lost Stars - I really enjoyed this one up until the ending. I felt like the story just stopped, and was an unsatisfying conclusion.

Should have ended either with Thane and Ciena dying on the Star Destroyer, or escaping and running away.

Bloodlines - I didn't really care for this one. I just thought it was boring. You're 2/3 through the book before the big revelation about Leia's parents.

Unrelated to the stories, I do love the effort they put into these Star Wars audiobooks.

Oct 28, 2017
Question for you guys - do you think there's inconsistency in the writing of Rey's relationship with her parents between TFA and TLJ? This is in reference to the below criticism about the movie. Like, do you think this is a fair reading of the two movies?

In TFA we have a Rey who more than anything wants her family to come back to get her but by the end of the movie she knows they aren't coming back and she is moving forward to forge a relationship with Luke who came teach her the ways of the Force. In TLJ we have a Rey who now doesn't even know who her parents are. Suddenly and out of nowhere they are a mystery to her. She has no idea who they are. Then also out of nowhere she wants them to be special and important and then out of nowhere it turns out that they've been dead all along and she's known it the whole time!

Not only did RJ soft reboot TFA's soft reboot in TLJ he soft rebooted his own movie while it was in progress. Rey wanted to see her parents who she already knew were dead!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear that Rey doesn't know who her parents are in TFA. If TFA's message was that Rey "knows they aren't coming back and she is moving forward to forge a relationship with Luke," then that doesn't explain why the overwhelming majority of people walked out of TFA believing Rey's parentage to be an unresolved plot point and anticipated TLJ answering it in some fashion. The person is trying to have their cake and eat it too by blaming TLJ for something that the majority of people clearly did not take away from TFA as evidenced by the enormous number of anti-TLJ people who still believe Rey's parentage to be an important unresolved mystery.

It's just Last Jedi Derangement Syndrome. They must obsessively criticize every single aspect of the film even if it means contradicting themselves.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Rebels is getting an art book.
The hardcover art book The Art of Star Wars Rebels is on the horizon from Dark Horse Books and Lucasfilm.

It will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the artistry that went into the show with never-before-seen concept art and process pieces along with exclusive commentary from showmakers Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Carrie Beck provided by writer Dan Wallace.

The Art of Star Wars Rebels goes on sale October 1, 2019 for $39.99 and is now available for pre-order. Closer to release, IGN will be debuting a preview of what's inside.
I'm surprised Dark Horse are doing it. I was expecting it to be published by Abrams like the film art books.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be spamming you all with a heavy dose of Thala-Siren themed poetry on Thursday. and it will all be bad and you will hate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.