• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So there's a "school" that trains people in lightsaber fighting. Which sounds silly until you see it in action.

It's amazing how far lightsaber technology has come.

wow! Those two can really put on a good show.

seems to me that the lightsaber clashes and sound effects have been enhanced for the video, because i've never seen a blade effect where the clash is localized and can slide along the blade in concert with the blade it's clashing with.

Have you had a chance to get your hands on a saber using smoothswing yet? or neopixel blades yet?
Recently I got a saber using a proffie board, that gives you smoothswing sound, which is just unreal and so so immersive, coupled with neopixel blade the effects that can do are nuts. scroll on and off ignition, with a white leading flash localized blaster blocks, unstable kylo blade, rain sizzle blade, flame blade. I need to take some video clips

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah baby give me some more of that sweet sweet OT starwars discourse, right into the vein .
giphy.gif

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Come on

There is another

is pretty good guys.. right

Though I'd be down with most of the ones mentioned, now there are two of them is probably the best.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Star Wars |OT| We are all Rey's parents
Star Wars |OT| Mark Hamill didn't like Empire either
Star Wars |OT| The Last (thread about) Jedi

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
wow! Those two can really put on a good show.

seems to me that the lightsaber clashes and sound effects have been enhanced for the video, because i've never seen a blade effect where the clash is localized and can slide along the blade in concert with the blade it's clashing with.

Have you had a chance to get your hands on a saber using smoothswing yet? or neopixel blades yet?
Recently I got a saber using a proffie board, that gives you smoothswing sound, which is just unreal and so so immersive, coupled with neopixel blade the effects that can do are nuts. scroll on and off ignition, with a white leading flash localized blaster blocks, unstable kylo blade, rain sizzle blade, flame blade. I need to take some video clips

Yeah, I think it's had some touch ups as well.

I haven't had the chance to use a smoothswing or Neopixel saber yet, but my plans for my Graflex replica are for it to have both. I have a sound board that can do smoothswing and some Neopixel strips. I just need to get off my lazy butt and actually put everything together.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With a new OT being made would anyone be for an official Discord for much more consistent conversation? We kind of had one at one point but not everyone joined and eventually just got rebranded to a hangout place for everything else.

I'm really interested in making one and having channels for both general discussion and leaks/spoilers. Can definitely make it into a cool hangout place but it's up to y'all.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
New thread hype
With a new OT being made would anyone be for an official Discord for much more consistent conversation? We kind of had one at one point but not everyone joined and eventually just got rebranded to a hangout place for everything else.

I'm really interested in making one and having channels for both general discussion and leaks/spoilers. Can definitely make it into a cool hangout place but it's up to y'all.
I'd be down for a SW discord!

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Completely support this!

luca

Oct 25, 2017

I'm always up for a discord. If we could have channels for the books, comics, movies, shows and stuff like that.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can start setting up right now assuming there are others okay with it. Shouldn't take too long. If anyone has suggestions for channels, let me know!

How do you join discord(

Once I post the link to the channel you should be prompted to make an account. A cool thing about Discord is you can access channels through browser or an app.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, when did you guys bail on that Mark Hamill thread? I left when someone claimed Mark Hamill was unaware that they killed Luke in TLJ and only found out at the premiere.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
That Hamill thread kind of gave me hope, actually. The hater arguments are just so tired, and the fact they are outright rewriting history or lying about JJ and Rian and whatnot, tells me they are further decending into madness and running out of arguments.

But, it still hurts and drive me crazy sometimes.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just all out of fucks when it comes to reading/discussing that movie anymore. Whatever.

Looking forward now to celebration and the EP 9 trailer. I do think it's odd that it looks like we're not getting a title before then. I wonder why it's coming so late?

At least it's not being hyped like Endgame was. I still don't get the secrecy around that one. After all the hype, it turned out to be a completely generic title.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think I'm just all out of fucks when it comes to reading/discussing that movie anymore. Whatever.

Looking forward now to celebration and the EP 9 trailer. I do think it's odd that it looks like we're not getting a title before then. I wonder why it's coming so late?

At least it's not being hyped like Endgame was. I still don't get the secrecy around that one. After all the hype, it turned out to be a completely generic title.
Maybe the title is going to be more of a surprise than usual.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think for the most part I'm set with the channel: https://discord.gg/Szd2uKY
The link should last forever so if we're all fine having this as the official Discord then it can be posted in the OP of the next OT.

Current Channels:
  • General
    • General Discussion
    • Introduce Yourselves
    • Suggestions
  • Star Wars
    • General Star Wars
    • Movies
    • Television
    • Books and Comics
    • Video Games
    • Collectibles
  • Spoilers
    • Episode IX
    • The Mandalorian
    • Resistance

If it get big enough and attracts Star Wars gamers I can also add an LFG section.

Other notes:
  • Currently have 3 droids posting tweets in appropriate channels: Bucket is posting @StarWars in General Star Wars, Dio is posting @EAStarWars in Video Games, and L3-37 is posting @DelReyStarWars in Books and Comics. Fingers crossed nothing breaks. If there are any other accounts that post important Star Wars news just let me know!
  • If anyone is up to making and uploading emotes let me know! You can also suggest them in the Suggestions channel!
  • Same goes for the server logo! I'm not the most artistic and it doesn't help that I don't have photoshop anymore.
  • I don't see the need for a lot of admins/moderators, if any at all, but the roles are there in case it's necessary. Might look into Star Wars themed roles. Maybe see if I can find a bot or program that promotes people to roles with no powers the longer they're there or the more active they are if it's possible.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
We're bouncing around the timeline a lot.. from Mary Sue to weaponizing hyperspace

It's true. EP9 will featured weaponized canon, you heard it here first.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think it's had some touch ups as well.

I haven't had the chance to use a smoothswing or Neopixel saber yet, but my plans for my Graflex replica are for it to have both. I have a sound board that can do smoothswing and some Neopixel strips. I just need to get off my lazy butt and actually put everything together.
I got my smoothswing neopixel saber from aaron white he does installs, I don't know if you are on any of the facebook groups, check out the vault, there seems to be a few people who can install proffie and or teensy boards with neopixel.

Oct 27, 2017
We're bouncing around the timeline a lot.. from Mary Sue to weaponizing hyperspace

It's true. EP9 will featured weaponized canon, you heard it here first.

That's no moon, it's the HYPERSTAR.

It shoots rabid alt-right fanboys out of a canon at FTL speeds. Instead of shields it just radiates their hate so anybody who tries to get close ends up going insane and quitting social media.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
About this Mark Hamill hullabaloo:

I have not visited the thread (as a matter of personal policy I do not willingly jump into volcanos), so I apologize if this has been brought up there. From the comments I've seen, Mark seems somewhat frustrated at being lead to believe that his role would be bigger in the movies. When George first contacted him about the sequel trilogy in the summer of 2012, he told Mark that his idea had Luke playing a prominent role in Episode VII. And judging from Mark's comments, the rough plan at the time was for Luke to continue to have a big role in VII and IX. But when Michael Arndt tried to take the outline he'd worked on with George And turn it into a script, he ran into problems. Luke took the focus away from Rey. And it almost didn't matter how much or how little Luke was in the movie, he still messed up what they wanted for Rey. So eventually, in December 2013, after Arndt had left the project, the story finally got nailed down. Luke would barely feature at all, just popping up in the final scene (and ever so briefly in a flashback). He wouldn't even have a line. But by this point, Mark had spent a year and a half assuming that he had a pivotal role in the film. I can imagine he was frustrated. Especially as the original star of the series. But Mark's a team player, and there were still two more movies where he could be prominently featured. Then Rian talks to him and reveals Luke's death in VIII. Now Mark is frustrated all over again. He's been reduced from a key role in three movies to a key role in one movie, and cameos in the other two. And that one movie where he gets a spotlight, it's in a much different form than what he's done before in the series. He won't be the calm, powerful, heroic teacher. No, he's the scared, weird recluse. And I didn't even mention all the crazy stuff George may have told him while making the original trilogy! Remember, while filming Return of the Jedi Lucas told Hamill about plans for a sequel trilogy that would start filming around 2011. For all we know, George promised him a big role back then. This had to be aggravating. So I get why he'd have complicated feelings about the films.

Status
Not open for further replies.