• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Speaking of big weapons,

I hope EP9 shows that the FO has a new objective.. not to wipe people out, but to convince or force people to join their cause. Maybe bases stationed on planets in most systems to spread propaganda and convert people into sympathizers or followers/soldiers of the FO. Maybe Kylo's plan is to dominate entire planets and spread influence.

This would make for some nice character growth from where we see him in TFA/TLJ, where he wants to just destroy any and everything that stands in the way. He will have learned from Snoke (manipulating people into getting what you want) but also abandoned the idea of superweapons as a means of control. Pick and choose from the lessons he's learned.

Of course, if refused, they can still murder anyone who chooses not to side with them, but I'd like to see more of a focus on control through numbers instead of simple destruction/fear/obliterating entire systems.

Maybe there's some sort of dark side influence that could play into it somehow.. corrupting the minds of people under their control.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The gaming side will do nothing but (very justifiably) bitch about what Battlefront II broke this time lol

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have zero interest in a discord sorry folks, ever since i said " i miss bobby" and manabyte invited me to one that imploded like a week later I've been of the opinion "no thanks" this thread is good enough.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Hamill was pissed too when he read through Force Awakens and realized he wasn't in it. He's said that he had hoped that the amazing moment where Rey pulls the lightsaber out of the snow that it was him who pulled it and then saved the day.

Hamill is a great guy, but it's clear he advocates for his own heroism over the larger story.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
OT2 is up. I'll ask for this one to be closed.

giphy.gif

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have zero interest in a discord sorry folks, ever since i said " i miss bobby" and manabyte invited me to one that imploded like a week later I've been of the opinion "no thanks" this thread is good enough.

And that's fine, not everyone has to join especially if they don't have interest. I feel like just to have it for the people that want it is still good though.

The gaming side will do nothing but (very justifiably) bitch about what Battlefront II broke this time lol

You're probably not wrong, but there'll still be some people willing to just chat. Plus Fallen Order comes out later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.