• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't put Krennic and Tarkin next to each other on the shelf or they'll start squabbling.
They should make a Krennic figure that has the glow of the green death star laser in his eyes.
dcili4jv0aeqooluostw.jpg

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone read Star Wars 42 today? I'm actually really enjoying the story - it feels like Gillen is able to fill out these chapters with more interesting plot per issue than Aaron was, and everyone is getting pretty good development, particularly with Luke finally finding his place in the Rebellion and Han starting to become the "leader" he was in ESB.

If the art had been done by anyone else this would probably rank pretty highly among the main series' arcs so far. Even with the awful shading and the tracing I'd still put it up there.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I liked how in Star Wars 42 Luke
talks about Rogue One. That whole conversation was great.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Gillen is going to bring in the Mid-Rim Retreat at all. Aaron really skimmed over the...military aspect of the war in favor of the Big 3's adventures, so we never got to see the Mid-Rim Offensive. At this point in the timeline, assuming we are a year out from ANH (which seems reasonable), the Retreat would've begun.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's an end to the Star Wars comic that focuses on Luke, Leia and Han. Will we be at 100 or so issues in 5 years and still following Luke's adventures before Empire? Depending on how IX ends or RIan's trilogy, I'd like for the current run to have an end and then focus on new characters.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's an end to the Star Wars comic that focuses on Luke, Leia and Han. Will we be at 100 or so issues in 5 years and still following Luke's adventures before Empire? Depending on how IX ends or RIan's trilogy, I'd like for the current run to have an end and then focus on new characters.

A lot of people seem to want them to jump past ESB already but I feel like the story of the war is really just beginning. I want that to run until at least issue 100, then switch over to post-ESB for however many issues.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I know she's already had one, but I'd really like to see another Sabine Black Series. Her season 3 look, with all her gadgets - jetpack and darksaber, mainly - plus that paint job and the purple/white hair, would be just fantastic.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I know she's already had one, but I'd really like to see another Sabine Black Series. Her season 3 look, with all her gadgets - jetpack and darksaber, mainly - plus that paint job and the purple/white hair, would be just fantastic.
Sabine got done dirty.
I can't believe they hyped her story up so much and made her the dealer for a while and then just dropped all of that just so she could re-join the team. She could've had a great conclusion to her characters and then they just took it all away.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I agree! Probably won't happen though. But I am glad I at least got the first one. Wasn't even that easy to get in Holland.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I watch Rebels? I keep hearing it is not good.

It's good, it's just not great outside of a few episodes.

TCW was all over the place in terms of quality but we mostly remember it for its high points. Rebels is more consistent, but it's also more average. Just go into Rebels remembering that it has a smaller budget and more restrictions due to being on Disney XD and you'll be fine.

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017

TCW was all over the place in terms of quality but we mostly remember it for its high points. Rebels is more consistent, but it's also more average. Just go into Rebels remembering that it has a smaller budget and more restrictions due to being on Disney XD and you'll be fine.
Good to know. I always see tons of hate for Ezra, but a lot of stuff at least looks cool. I also just finished watching season 1 of TCW, and wanna see what Mr Syndulla's daughter is up to.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I agree with this assessment pretty much. Another difference is that Clone Wars had these multi-episode arcs (a better feature imo) compared to Rebels that sort of has a season long narrative arc, but each episode feels very stand alone-ish, way more one-off and not super duper connected episode to episode.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm curious as hell to watch Rebels. I just don't have any way to watch it now unless I outright purchase the seasons on disc. Which, I don't think I'm prepared to do. Put the eps on Netflix Disney!!

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Watching A New Hope, reminded that when they first arrive at the cantina in Mos Eisley, they don't allow droids in there. Has there been any other examples of droidism in the films? Can't think of any other examples.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Watching A New Hope, reminded that when they first arrive at the cantina in Mos Eisley, they don't allow droids in there. Has there been any other examples of droidism in the films? Can't think of any other examples.

I assumed that it isn't so much droidism as Wuher not wanting room in his Cantina being taken up by things that won't be purchasing any drinks from him. He's a bartender, not a mechanic.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Rebels will probably never be on Netflix now that Disney has its own streaming service coming.
this makes sense. I figured maybe they could let them slip since clone wars is already on there.
I assumed that it isn't so much droidism as Wuher not wanting room in his Cantina being taken up by things that won't be purchasing any drinks from him. He's a bartender, not a mechanic.
this makes sense too! I thought the bartender was just being a prick not letting them in because he had a thing against droids.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it was because they couldn't buy drinks but then FACPOV went and made it canon that it's droidism stemming from a traumatic experience during the Clone Wars.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
When people kept bring up the Lightspeed ram, I kept thinking of this scene but I couldn't find it on Youtube. Just saw that someone posted it on Reddit.

Oct 28, 2017
England
How I'd love that to be real. The New Order is a great title, and I'd love for Ben to use Vader's Castle as his base of operations.

Plus having the Knights of Ren on the poster may stop the baseless "what about these dropped plot points?!?!?!?!?" complaints. For a day or two.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll legit won't watch IX if it's not called 'The Spark Ignites'. Quote me on that.
Don't quote me on that, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.