• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
What is the art on the bottom of the Star Destroyer? Kinda reminds me of the symbol in the Jedi Temple on Ahch-To...

MvFQtvU.jpg

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I dunno if I can take a year and a half of waiting to find out what happens to Rey

But I'm glad we're gunna have a first look at Solo soon.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Yo.
Currently shooting Paramount's La Femme Nikita-esque The Rhythm Section with Blake Lively in the lead and Barbara Broccoli producing, Morano wasn't able to squeeze directing on the second season of Handmaid's Tale into her schedule, but her acclaimed work on the Hulu drama led to a meeting with Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy about, um, something.

"I guess she was watching with her daughter and then called people and was like, 'Who's this Reed person?' She probably thought I was a guy because of my name," says Morano of her two-and-a-half-hour sit-down with the Lucasfilm president. "She's amazing. We're talking about adventure movies, and I'm not even remembering that she produced Goonies. Any movie that I put my finger on that I loved when I was growing up was a movie that she produced. Anyway, it was a great meeting. Obviously, I can't say anything about what else we were talking about."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-reed-morano-next-star-wars-director-1075060

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine watching something and liking it so much you could just talk to the person that made it?

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooo that Rebels trailer, as always, is hype af. Getting some sheevy palpitations here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I can't continue pretending like that was maybe all in their heads or something. I hated that episode in Clone Wars.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I can't continue pretending like that was maybe all in their heads or something. I hated that episode in Clone Wars.

Same here. I always liked the "it was a vision" explanation but I've been trying to accept the possibility of it actually having happened for a while now.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that last sentence. Could we finally have a woman director?

Damn feminist agenda. Ruining Star Wars for us poor, persecuted white males.

To be clear, bring on the female directors and other creatives who represent the under-represented. I hate that I feel like I need to make sure people know that I'm joking.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
In all fairness, RJ did a fantastic job with the female characters in TLJ. But yeah it'd be nice to have wider representation and to get different experiences out of it.

curb

Oct 27, 2017
In all fairness, RJ did a fantastic job with the female characters in TLJ. But yeah it'd be nice to have wider representation and to get different experiences out of it.

He did do a great job with that. We just need more, not just in Star Wars but everywhere. Like, how is Marvel just now starting to film their first female led MCU flick? Come on.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So that's how Ahsoka lived right? The Daughter took the form of that bird thing and saved her again like she did on Mortis?

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Picked up a Star Wars X-Wing Rebel Transport. Once again, very impressive detail on these miniatures. It came with an X-Wing fighter, which I didn't really need, but I guess you can never have too many.
zPjA6kC.png
TavZW03.png
I always wondered why the rebels keep bringing these big unarmed transports into their big space battles, like Endor and Scarif.

I know the real reason they're there is because the film makers were reusing models to add more ship variety to the Endor battle.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I always wondered why the rebels keep bringing these big unarmed transports into their big space battles, like Endor and Scarif.

I know the real reason they're there is because the film makers were reusing models to add more ship variety to the Endor battle.
My no-longer-canon Guide to Vehicles and Vessels tells me they typically have four twin laser canons, so they're not necessarily totally unarmed. The rebels are probably just that desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.