• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lets see what's going on in #Reylo today:

My people!
eXrKOowm.png

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm gonna have to make do with my TFA Falcon. Don't think I can warrant having two, unless one is the UCS (lol).

Han's speeder though is an instant-buy.

So the new canon is that the Falcon was roughly 90 years old around the OT-era? I knew it was old, but shit's the damn Model T lol. So it's still an old hunk of junk in Solo, just with some really shiny paint. Wonder if they'll address that all in the movie. Would be funny if Lando duped Han into thinking it was fresh off the line and won something valuable, rather than a decrepit ol' junk heap, haha.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
this is kinda out of nowhere but if there's a time skip for IX, and there probably will be one, I'm thinking there's a chance Finn and Rey will be a couple.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Solo book and comic news is coming today.

awesome.

Heads up everyone -- be on the lookout for deep discounts on action figures and toys. I stopped in at Walmart this am and saw pretty much every TLJ 3.75" figure on the pegs and scored the Wal-mart exclusive Ahsoka Tano 3.75" Black Series figure for 4 dollars, there was multiples on her on the pegs too, as well as Lando, Ackbar, Jyn Erso, Finn, Rose, Poe. Of the regular 3.75", they had Island Luke, Island Rey, Leia, Chewie, DJ, Obi, Yoda, R2, C3P0, Rose, Finn, Hux. A lot of figures I had not seen on the pegs in a while. They might be in true purge mode before Solo merchandise arrives. Get on the hunt!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If they don't do a timeskip for 9, they're fools.

And they're not fools so I wouldn't worry

And I hope it's more of an ESB situation where we can tell that Rey and Finn have a thing and they go from there

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they don't do a timeskip for 9, they're fools.

And they're not fools so I wouldn't worry

And I hope it's more of an ESB situation where we can tell that Rey and Finn have a thing and they go from there
I liked what JJ (and admittedly Orci and Kurtzman, blegh) did with Uhura and Spock in the 2009 Star Trek by making it subtle until near the very end of the movie that finally lets up that they clearly had a thing going.

That said, I can't believe they may have inserted a blowjob joke when they first introduced the relationship lol. Only noticed it when someone pointed it out to me a few years back.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I liked what JJ (and admittedly Orci and Kurtzman, blegh) did with Uhura and Spock in the 2009 Star Trek by making it subtle until near the very end of the movie that finally lets up that they clearly had a thing going.

That said, I can't believe they may have inserted a blowjob joke when they first introduced the relationship lol. Only noticed it when someone pointed it out to me a few years back.

Lol. Oral sensitivity? Yeah I didn't catch that before either.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I kinda hope they don't do a love triangle thing between Finn/Rey/Rose. Hopefully Finn is just like "sorry I freakin' love Rey and I ain't got feelings like that for you" because there was no hint at all that Finn felt that way for her. That he just cared for her and it's clear that she inspired him.

Whereas Finn's literal life mission has been to find and protect Rey. You don't embark on that journey without feelings. And you can see that Rey has a special connection to him beyond friendzone. That hug at the end.. man.

Make it happen, JJ. Don't do 'em wrong.

You must do what you feel is right.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I kinda hope they don't do a love triangle thing between Finn/Rey/Rose. Hopefully Finn is just like "sorry I freakin' love Rey and I ain't got feelings like that for you" because there was no hint at all that Finn felt that way for her. That he just cared for her and it's clear that she inspired him.

Whereas Finn's literal life mission has been to find and protect Rey. You don't embark on that journey without feelings. And you can see that Rey has a special connection to him beyond friendzone. That hug at the end.. man.

Make it happen, JJ. Don't do 'em wrong.

You must do what you feel is right.
it's weird cause in our world, it's really easy to just point to rey and finn and be like, bruh, Finn is so friendzoned. But then this is star wars and shit is a bit more lighthearted in tone. And I feel like it can go either way with Rey and Finn.

In regards to a love triangle I hope they don't go that route either, only cause it's been so played out in just about every movie that there really isnt much more to explore with it. I would say just avoid that completely.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't think they have to end up in a relationship together in IX, but I wouldn't be against if it's done well. There's no doubt Ridley and Boyega have great chemistry together.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't think they have to end up in a relationship together in IX, but I wouldn't be against if it's done well. There's no doubt Ridley and Boyega have great chemistry together.
I don't think they have to either, they can definitely make a fantastic movie without it.

But it's a pretty amazing dynamic and could really boost the trilogy, if done right.

And also, how many times do we see a white women/black man get together in major blockbusters?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
One thing I would like to see in IX is just the whole gang together, in the falcon, going on an adventure. Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose and Chewie with BB8. Let's see what kinda dynamics those kids can get into. I'm thinking JJ would be good with that sort of thing.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
At this point, to not put all three together for a significant amount of screentime would be a massive mistake.

Do it in reverse. The first two films keep them all mostly apart, then bring them together, ANH style, for the finale.

Make a more simplified story and focus on the characters, their interactions and development.

This time, make sure the big three all have important roles to play that make their successes satisfying. Use the development of their characters to drive their actions.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I mean, if the script is great and doesn't do that I'll be fine. Just as a fan, I wouldn't mind it. Some kind of downtime. A la ROTJ when the crew gets back together in that stolen shuttle on the way to Endor. Even something as little as that could go a long way for me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dude

Just imagine all three characters shootin' the shit somewhere. All bouncing off of each other. It hasn't happened for a single moment in this trilogy yet. They're too good.. have too much personality not to interact together in this way.

I just want 5 minutes of them all shooting the shit and reflecting on the previous two movies. At least give us that JJ

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude

Just imagine all three characters shootin' the shit somewhere. All bouncing off of each other. It hasn't happened for a single moment in this trilogy yet. They're too good.. have too much personality not to interact together in this way.

I just want 5 minutes of them all shooting the shit and reflecting on the previous two movies. At least give us that JJ

What if someone dies

tenor.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope JJ makes Rey an important character in the Resistance/Rebellion, like, she's Finn tier but times ten.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think somebody is gunna die for sure in EP9. My bet is on either Poe saving the resistance during a battle or Finn saving/helping Rey.

Einchy I definitely think she's going to be, especially after she saved everybody's asses on Crait and how she made the decision to get the TIEs to chase her down. That was an impressive and brave move.

Fuck I just realized this trilogy is gunna end with the next film.

Can we subvert expectations and do 4 please

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh shit.

I forgot RJ is doing a trilogy too

Man I just watched Justice League the other night and realized how lucky we are to be SW fans

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I want a scene where Rey walks into a room and everyone goes silent and you see people whispering going, like, "holy shit, that's Rey! The Rey!"
I haven't seen JL yet. Is it as bad as I think it's gonna be?
Yes.

BvS at least had some cool action set pieces, JL has nothing going for it. It's only an interesting watch to see how badly LucasFilm could've fucked up the re-shoots for Rogue One but didn't. You never notice them in RO, you ALWAYS notice them in JL. It's a constant whiplash between Snyder's footage and Whedon's footage.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dude

Justice League is a modern prequel film but even worse.

It's really that bad. I'm thankful R1 turned out the way it did.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit.

I forgot RJ is doing a trilogy too

Man I just watched Justice League the other night and realized how lucky we are to be SW fans

Yes.

BvS at least had some cool action set pieces, JL has nothing going for it. It's only an interesting watch to see how badly LucasFilm could've fucked up the re-shoots for Rogue One but didn't. You never notice them in RO, you ALWAYS notice them in JL. It's a constant whiplash between Snyder's footage and Whedon's footage.

Dude

Justice League is a modern prequel film but even worse.

It's really that bad. I'm thankful R1 turned out the way it did.
I agree that Justice League is such a let down. Shouldn't had been released the way it was IMO, needed more time.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I agree that Justice League is such a let down. Shouldn't had been released the way it was IMO, needed more time.
The set pieces, CGI, writing and characters all reminded me of the PT, almost exactly. The cringe is real.

WW was the only thing the film had going for it.

But man those green screens.. straight out of GL playbook for EP1-3

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Justice League is the definition of a forgettable blockbuster. The first thing I think of when someone mentions it is the failed attempt to remove Cavill's mustache with CG. How did WB think it was OK to send the film out in that state? I did like one of Whedon's post-credit scenes though.
The set pieces, CGI, writing and characters all reminded me of the PT, almost exactly. The cringe is real.
And the main writer is working on Episode IX. Let's hope his contribution is more Argo than Justice League.

Understandable.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My brother and I just had the conversation about the dude who helped write JL (Terrio), last night after watching it. Thank god he wrote Argo.. at least we know there's talent in there somewhere.

Also

They really had the black guy say "booya" at the end, didn't they (I'm putting my money on this being Whedon's addition after reshoots)? Who the fuck says that anymore

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
My brother and I just had the conversation about the dude who helped write JL (Terrio), last night after watching it. Thank god he wrote Argo.. at least we know there's talent in there somewhere.

Also

They really had the black guy say "booya" at the end, didn't they (I'm putting my money on this being Whedon's addition after reshoots)? Who the fuck says that anymore

That's kind of a signature catchphrase for Cyborg. He says that a lot in Teen Titans as well.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's kind of a signature catchphrase for Cyborg. He says that a lot in Teen Titans as well.
It was Cyborg's catchphrase in the Teen Titans animated series.
Is it really?

I stand corrected, then.

Shit felt completely out of place in the film itself. But I'm not a DC fan

Still the delivery was absurd in the film itself, especially considering Cyborg had virtually no development or personality at all leading up to it

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Also

It was Cyborg's catchphrase in the Teen Titans animated series.
Edit: Ignore me, I see Gravidee already said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.