• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I try not to be hyperbolic, especially when it comes to negativity towards media, but I honestly think Steppenwolf might be the worst villain I've seen in a superhero movie. There was just nothing about him, he had no character, a bad design, bad CGI and he didn't even have a cool fight scene.

[edit]

And whose idea was it to go from this guy
WfWMCSNl.jpg

to this?
49si1lX.png

From crazy looking alien Satan to playdough face with level 10 helmet from World of Warcraft.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
People say JL is forgettable.

I disagree, it's almost as memorable as the PT in its nature.

The CGI was laughably bad (my roommate pointed out that there was a CGI train in one scene, just a normal one, not anything out of the ordinary. Reminiscent of the awkwardly pointless CGI gophers from Indy 4.

The bad guy and all the scenes involving him looked like an Unreal Engine tech demo from 2005. The design was horribly bland, the animation on his face was stiff and fake, the bug things flying around were uninspired..

The dialogue was cringy. Almost everything out of Flash's mouth was forced awkward comedy that never hit.. Superman and Batman had dumb one liners that don't fit with their personality, scenes felt totally disconnected to each other.. some shots looked ripped from EP3 with how jarringly terrible the green screen appeared in the background of the characters

I could go on. My roommates and I laughed throughout the film, almost as much as during EP3.

That movie is worse than Suicide Squad.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Give me Attack of the Clones over Justice League or Suicide Squad. At least Clones had some enjoyable bits and pieces. Plus John Williams is brilliant as usual.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Fuck I just realized this trilogy is gunna end with the next film.

Can we subvert expectations and do 4 please
It's both exciting and sad. There's so many ways the story can go and I'm sure it'll be an epic finish, but I want to see Finn, Rey and Poe just being buds forever.
I'm in so deep that I can't wait to get the tiniest hint of what Rian's new trilogy is gonna be about.
YES. He can anything he wants and that's so exciting. My mind keeps rushing through all the possibilities

arpeggi20

Oct 28, 2017
JL was awful. I say that as someone who loved MoS and BvS. There is almost nothing redeeming in that movie: it looks laughably bad, story is trimmed to the point of being non existent, action sequences are meh, characters are wasted, some jokes are attrocious, steppenwolf is a joke, music is completely forgetable. I guess I like the actors, they deserved a better movie.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL

The author of Half-Resurrection Bluesand Shadowshaper has penned this novel that connects three eras in the lives of Han Solo and Lando Calrissian. "Part of it takes place before the events of Solo and focuses on Lando and L3-37," Siglain says, referring to Lando's droid sidekick in the new film. "Part of it takes place between Solo and A New Hope, and that focuses on Han and Chewie, and that's where we get Sana Starros for the first time." She would be the character, first introduced in the Marvel Comics, who claimed to be married to Han.

"Part of it takes place post-Return of the Jedi, and that's where we see Han, Leia, a very young Ben Solo, and Lando come into the story," Siglain adds. The cover is reversible — on one side is Han's silhouette, while Lando's is on the other. There's also a "convention exclusive" cover featuring L3 and Chewbacca …
"We bounce around through time," Siglain says. "We always wanted to tell a story that had Han and Lando having one adventure after Return of the Jedi. At the same time, we really liked the idea of contrasting that with seeing them much earlier in their lives. A crime lord comes looking for the owner of the Millennium Falcon, but mistakenly thinks it was Han Solo at the time, but it was really Lando — which gets Lando mixed up in something else Han did that was Han's fault. All these years later, the two of them have to right a wrong from much earlier in their history."

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
PRJOOAa.jpg

This YA book by the author of The Girl of Fire and Thorns focuses on Alden Ehrenreich's Han Solo and Emilia Clarke's Qi'ra, back in their teenage years. "This is about the younger, young Han solo," Siglain says. "We'll see what it was like for these two kids from Corelleia to survive the seedy streets of this industrial world. They're definitely products of their environment, and this story shows that.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Finally, the Chewie/K-2SO team up we've been wanting:

OcZhR7Z.jpg

In this middle-grade reader, a Wookiee is sent on a pet-sitting mission to care for a Golden Tooka. "Chewbacca thinks it's a dull babysitting job, but he not only has to save the day, but save Han Solo," says Siglain. "He gets mixed up with a droid he thinks is a cargo droid, but the readers will recognize as K-2S0 [from Rogue One], who is on a mission for Cassian Andor." They will also cross paths with a new character, Mayv Trillick, who may have the coolest job in the galaxy: librarian bounty hunter.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Oh this is neat:

This is a Star Wars remake. It's based on a five-issue Chewbacca comic book series from 2015, by Gerry Duggan, with art by Phil Noto, in which the Wookiee teams up with a new young friend. "We've taken that story and adjusted it so it's appropriate for 6-, 7-, 8-year-olds, rather than the 13-plus audience of the Marvel Comic," Siglain says.

That Chewie series was pretty great.

0Emfhi3.jpg

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw Rogue One and was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Think I liked it more than TFA...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Rian Johnson changed the TIE Silencer because of an error with the toy.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/film...ast-jedi-toy-cgi-change-kylo-ren-tie-fighter/
"Initially, the plan was to have missiles on the underside, and shoot them off, and that was it," Mike Mulholland, VFX Supervisor for Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) London told the crowd at the VFX Festival held in East London last week.

"But halfway through production Rian got a toy, a prototype toy of the Kylo fighter. And they had the missiles on the side wings! So we went and redesigned a bit of it [in the movie] so that we could open it up and pop them out.

"I've heard of the toys' influence in the past, but that was the first time for me," Mulholland laughed.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
With Rebels coming to an end, it's time to remember the best moment of the show.

'Double Agent Droid' was so goddamn weird haha.

-

A better look at the Last Shot jacket.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
There will never be a Snoke figure that can realistically capture the beauty of his robe. It's just not possible.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ehpuy7mxsrg01.jpg

Another pic. It's a prototype without the final paint coating which is why the paint application looks chunky.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Beckett's getting a Black Series figure as well.

Gv35g5puXQ16OYqzKIHesrS87CMLaJSvWq5n0M-RXb4.jpg

A few more new figures:

Wolffe
y-vKCgD2GViZIJZNZOt3z1NyAYoRISdMy8XTW9eXtYA.jpg

Holdo:
DWRKVatWkAArC3Y.jpg:large

Hoth Leia:
DWRJBDMWsAAce47.jpg

I want those porgs.

Last edited:

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
It's great that they're releasing Commander Wolffe. Maybe Gregor should be next? Also, is Jyn receiving a new faceprint for the vintage line or is it just me?

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia

A post-ROTJ adventure with Han and Lando? I'm gonna cry.
The first meeting of Han and Sana will be cool to see too.
Toy Fair 2018 kicking off today for those with an interest in star wars figs including the return of the 'vintage collection'

First look at Dr Aphra
TF2018_TVC.png

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/02/16/toy-fair-2018-vintage-collection-display/
I'm buying the hell out of that Aphra figure

Status
Not open for further replies.