• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just please let this be Rey's movie
She'll play a big part in it but we all know who's going to be the star of the show. Apparently his wage demands are a bit high though.

large.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anybody read Aphra #17?

It's hard seeing how cold Hera is now after losing Kanan, hopefully she can find some happiness.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Did anybody read Aphra #17?

It's hard seeing how cold Hera is now after losing Kanan, hopefully she can find some happiness.
Being kidnapped by Aphra probably won't help her mood either haha.
This was a fun issue for the most part. I found the last one a bit too chaotic and hard to follow. The opening was really funny.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Deleted scene titles:

Alternate Opening
Paige's Gun Jams
Luke Has a Moment
Poe: Not Much of a Sewer
It's Kind of Weird That You Recorded That
The Caretaker Sizes Up Rey
Caretaker Village Sequence
Extended Fathier Chase
Mega Destroyer Incursion – Extended Version
Rose Bites the Hand That Taunts Her
Phasma Squealed Like a Whoop Hog
Rose & Finn Go To Where They Belong
Rey & Chewie in the Falcon
The Costumes and Creatures of Canto Bight

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...the-star-wars-the-last-jedi-home-release.html

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Also they're screening the BtS doc at SXSW and the thing is 135 minutes long

Give me another The Beginning-style doc and I will be a happy Cross

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia

Big thread on upcoming Star Wars comics. Looks like Poe Dameron is going post-TLJ (!) for the framing of the next arc. Poe tells Finn and Rey about what he was up to during TFA while not on-screen

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Will they have the balls to do a behind the scenes doc for Solo?

Big thread on upcoming Star Wars comics. Looks like Poe Dameron is going post-TLJ (!) for the framing of the next arc. Poe tells Finn and Rey about what he was up to during TFA while not on-screen

Yo, wtf? Poe talking to Rey and Finn would be nuts.
[edit]
Oh, there's are of it already.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the behind the scenes docu for TFA just because, so goddamn good. The guy who calls Kylo 'Keelo' still bothers me.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Also they're screening the BtS doc at SXSW and the thing is 135 minutes long

Give me another The Beginning-style doc and I will be a happy Cross

Wow, pretty surprised it's that long. Great news.

Also pretty cool. I didn't expect anything post-TLJ even if it is just a chat between the trio.
He was a little too good at that.
Let's just say there was this one Porg on set that would not behave...

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Will they have the balls to do a behind the scenes doc for Solo?

Yo, wtf? Poe talking to Rey and Finn would be nuts.
[edit]
Oh, there's are of it already.

Oh my god.. this will be the first time I've ever read a SW comic

Why was this not in the movie. Dammit

Can we get a whole movie about Finn Rey and Poe sitting around shooting the shit please

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why was this not in the movie. Dammit

Can we get a whole movie about Finn Rey and Poe sitting around shooting the shit please

I'm sure there are far better Star Wars comics than an issue where Poe talks with Rey and Finn.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm sure there are far better Star Wars comics than an issue where Poe talks with Rey and Finn.
Not to me (from what I've seen thus far).

I wanna see them all interact. Rey, Finn and Poe sitting down and talking interests me far more than space politics or different takes on Luke/Vader ever could.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I've officially dropped the Star Wars comics (and Marvel in general). When Marvel stops letting the artists take a shit on the paper and then calling it "art" I'll maybe reconsider.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
r2fno0O.gif

At least read Dr. Aphra, that shit is tight yo.

I'm a bit confused when Poe's comic takes place, though. Currently it wouldn't make sense for it to take place after TFA since we're just about to get there and this issue comes out in May, and Rey seems to have her Resistance outfit and her little hair buns, Finn is awake and shit and still has his jacket he lost in TLJ but in TLJ she meets him for the first time.

Then again, this isn't the first time they totally fuck up costumes. Remember in Screaming Citadel where there was a whole scene dedicated to Luke putting on a fancy suit for the party and then the next issue he went back to his normal outfit for no reason? That's probably happening here, they just drew Rey and Finn in whatever way they wanted.

Though I still don't get why Poe's comic is in post-TLJ times, maybe a long time skip?

Last edited:

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've officially dropped the Star Wars comics (and Marvel in general). When Marvel stops letting the artists take a shit on the paper and then calling it "art" I'll maybe reconsider.
I'd like someone else to have a go at the main Star Wars comic - I'm sure we've all said that in here - but Camuncoli's great and I quite like Unzueta.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed that Rey's new clothes come out of nowhere. I thought it would have been obvious for her to eventually get on the nuns' good side and they knit it for her as a a sign of acceptance as a Jedi.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed that Rey's new clothes come out of nowhere. I thought it would have been obvious for her to eventually get on the nuns' good side and they knit it for her as a a sign of acceptance as a Jedi.
If I had to do another headcanon rework, it would go like this.
- Lesson 3 happens as described. Rey is super pissed about it. Nuns notice.
- Cave stuff happens as well as the Luke fight. Rey storms off as usual now more angry than ever.
- Rey gets back to the Falcon, has a tearful breakdown from the stress.
- Nuns show up and comfort her. Give her the new duds they had been working on prior.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hey so

I watched the JJ video on Colbert, and I'm not sure where people are getting "the script is done". JJ says "we have a script", not that "it's done". Those are two very different things.

Unless I'm missing something? I just thought it was interesting that the report was "the script is finished" out of what he said.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey so

I watched the JJ video on Colbert, and I'm not sure where people are getting "the script is done". JJ says "we have a script", not that "it's done". Those are two very different things.

Unless I'm missing something? I just thought it was interesting that the report was "the script is finished" out of what he said.
You're the script, Surfinn.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Hey so

I mean, I think about how during the lord of the rings filming, there were rewrites on a daily basis while shooting the picture. JJ probably does have a script or maybe a few drafts along, but is maybe flexible with dialogue along the way, a la Peter Jackson. I don't know how he works or how faithful he is to a script but maybe that's just one possibility.
Also this is great. Damn.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey so

I think the most we can take from the interview is that they're further along in developing the script than he and Kasdan were for TFA, where they were still making adjustments as they were filming. If they're not filming until July, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one final draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.