• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hi Surfinn!

episode-7.gif
Wadium.. my man. What's up. We made it.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rebels episodes 3&4 were great. Loved seeing Saw again and the breadcrumbs he's following of the Death Star project.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
While I really like Saw in Rebels, I wish we was already completely fucked up like in Rogue One. RO makes it seem like he has been in that state for years upon years but how much time is it from Rebels until RO? Can't be that long.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
Really excited for Last Jedi. Curious if it will manage to crack my top 3 for 2017:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Logan
3. Blade Runner 2049

As long as Rey doesn't go evil, I suspect it will.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets for TLJ last week. Couldn't convince my wife or brother to go Thursday night, so we're going Friday AM.

Staying off of the Internet until after I see it, of course. Cannot wait.

I remember for TFA, my wife and I went out to breakfast before we saw it for the first time in the morning.. I was so nervous I'd over hear spoilers in every conversation around us at the restaurant.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I like these silly indy movies. Maybe you have heard about them. They are called The Star Wars and its about wizards in space.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP has been modified. Let me know if the pictures arent scaling properly - I'm on mobile so it all looks normal here.

Veritigo

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this thread up! Personally woulda gone with "Here everything is soft and smooth" as the title, but I digress.

I'm a bit behind on Star Wars stuff atm, still need to read the Phasma and new Darth Vader comics and see the latest two episodes of Rebels.

I did read (well, listen to) From a Certain Point of View and thought it was okay. The stories were hit or miss, but I really liked the ones focusing on all the background characters at Chalmun's. The voice work on the audio book was well done too, probably made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable. The next book on the docket is going to be Bloodline, I've heard good things about that one.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I did read (well, listen to) From a Certain Point of View and thought it was okay. The stories were hit or miss, but I really liked the ones focusing on all the background characters at Chalmun's. The voice work on the audio book was well done too, probably made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable. The next book on the docket is going to be Bloodline, I've heard good things about that one.

Bloodline was pretty good. The primary side character the name of which I can't remember was kinda annoying (he's the guy collects the Imperial artifacts) but Leia is really well written.

Totally forgot From a Certain Point of View was out - I thought that was coming out close to TLJ.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we see the event that turns him from Rebel Saw to Rogue One Saw if it has only been a year then. He got fucked up real hard.

Yea he still has real legs in Rebels but in Rogue One he's limping around on some prosthetic legs. Seems like he got fucked physically, which probably led to him getting even more radical within that year.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
I had a vision of going through the entire cannon in chronological order with what little free time I have as a grad student. How bad of an idea is this and would it just be better If I only sought out the really good material?
Before The Force Awakens I went through all the canon movies and shows in chronological order and that was hard enough because of the short time I gave myself. The hardest part was getting the clone wars organized into the proper order.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Would really like to get involved in this thread but I'm on a blackout of The Last Jedi until April.

I hope y'all enjoy it, only what 7 weeks now?

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
I was a pretty hardcore Anti-Porg voice back in the old regime, but I have to admit that art above is kinda winning me over.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
How is everyone doing with rewatches?

I haven't started yet. Waiting until Stranger Things is out and I'm done with that. Then Nov and Dec are going to be SW months with rewatches, BF2 and TLJ.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't started yet. Waiting until Stranger Things is out and I'm done with that. Then Nov and Dec are going to be SW months with rewatches, BF2 and TLJ.
I have already rewatched Rogue One and then I'm going by the release order for the rest of the major films.

RO-IV-V-VI-I-II-III-VII. Tonight or tomorrow I'll continue with IV. Should be done by Nov. 1. Gonna go at my own pace really, then have a nice break before TLJ comes out.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to do my rewatch the same way I did in 2015: one film a day until December 15.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
At some point next month I'm going to start doing my re-watching and going to begin re-reading the Thrawn trilogy and Bloodline. Gonna be consuming nothing but Star Wars to get me all hyped for The Last Jedi.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I wont do that until December

Massive canon rewatch including comics and games, not novels because that would be damn too long.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not really enjoying the Mace Windu comic. It has a lot of potential but the art isnt that great and the "twist" at the end of kssue 3 kind of fell flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.