• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticYeti

The Fallen
Apr 11, 2018
Atlanta, GA
aIx24Jj.jpg

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, it is a decent amount of good. I wasn't too much of a fan of how they kept stretching out the action in the back third, but overall I dig the book and the themes it goes after.

On the weirdness scale, however, I think I still prefer Phasma for its post-apoc Mad Max vibes.

Hmm..

You have my attention. Is it worth the read?

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
Hmm..

You have my attention. Is it worth the read?

It's definitely one of the better new-canon Star Wars novels. I thought it fleshed out Phasma decently, gave her a really interesting backstory that fits her character, loved the Mad Max vibes, and thought it answered at least one key question that I had regarding Hux. Also, the novel is designed around an interrogation, and I think the style is done REALLY well.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Poe Dameron 26 was great, I really like the two stories happening at the same with between Rey, Finn, Poe and the events of TFA. I also like that they didn't give Poe some amazing story for what happened to him on Jakku, it showed restraint on the writer's part to not drag that out for a few issues with some goofy story.

Oct 26, 2017
Just rewatched The Last Jedi on bluray after two times in the cinema. It has a few silly points but overall it's really solid, and every time I notice more foreshadowing and hints. It rarely hits you over the head with it, but it's there.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clint joins that elite Star Trek and Star Wars cast club. Who else is on that list? George Takei and Clint Howard are the only two that come to mind off hand.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Better quality version of the new TV spot:

Clint joins that elite Star Trek and Star Wars cast club. Who else is on that list? George Takei and Clint Howard are the only two that come to mind off hand.
Greg Grunberg and Simon Pegg are the only ones in the new films that I can think of. I'm sure there are others in the older films.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hope its ok to bring some gaming news in here, but anyone playing BF2 tried the new Ewok hunt mode?

Played a few matches and its really rather good! The sniffing noises the Ewoks make when activating their senses to track Stormtroopers is the cutest thing : )
Still savage little buggers though!!
ad52436a-d5ad-4e30-84a8-b160506d6757.PNG

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I need to get back into Battlefront 2. Played it a lot last year but I've had my hands glued to my Switch for most of the time since.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Poe Dameron 26 was great, I really like the two stories happening at the same with between Rey, Finn, Poe and the events of TFA. I also like that they didn't give Poe some amazing story for what happened to him on Jakku, it showed restraint on the writer's part to not drag that out for a few issues with some goofy story.

I really liked it as well. The Poe comic had consistently been surprisingly good to me. It Star Wars and Vader are the ones I buy digitally as they come out. The rest and any new ones I've just started waiting to hit Marvel Unlimited.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
THEN: "Oh no, Solo is going to be so late, they're going to have to move it December for sure!"

NOW:

A month early no less. Ron Howard, the fucking professionals professional.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn, is it pretty much just scoring at this point then? Seems like they're doing a great job making this thing happen on schedule.

Some cool fan made videos I found (they're old), not sure if you guys have seen them. I thought they felt very SW and JW's music is utilized well here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0lk4quCUA

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, is it pretty much just scoring at this point then? Seems like they're doing a great job making this thing happen on schedule.

Some cool fan made videos I found (they're old), not sure if you guys have seen them. I thought they felt very SW and JW's music is utilized well here.

I really enjoy these

Oddly enough I went on a watch fest of fan Star Wars films and a large (too damn high) number of them are "lightsaber fight in the woods"

Annoyed as I feel like the fans could try to be more creative but...alas

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Last Shot, are you all happy now? I'm only about two or so chapters in, let's see if I actually stick with it. It's alright so far based on the little I've read.
HAHAHA. I'm glad you are trying a book, even if your reason is that it appears to be only a fun diversion.

I personally won't be happy until you like Rogue One. which I think will be never.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hung some of the new stuff on the basement wall for a "walking into the magic toy aisle" feel. Found all those vintage cards on the pegs, had a great star wars toys week last week.

img_119172pl5.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
HAHAHA. I'm glad you are trying a book, even if your reason is that it appears to be only a fun diversion.

I personally won't be happy until you like Rogue One. which I think will be never.

You're right, that will never happen. Rogue One is utter trash. As far as the book though, I'm probably about a quarter way through Last Shot and surprisingly not hating it. I'm having a fun enough time on this little adventure. I only have three minor gripes so far, A) I don't give a shit about Ben Solo. This is part of me feelings on EU in general, I don't want shit explained to me that the movies left for you to interpret. I can tell well enough from the subtext of TFA/TLJ that Han and Leia were probably absent parents, I don't need you hammering that into me every chapter or so; B) Too many weird aliens with not enough adequate description. I'm a pretty big SW nerd but even some of these alien species has me scratching my head trying to recall what they looked like. And, often the book just assumes you do. Unless a species appeared prominently in the films (Ewoks, Wookies, Twileks, Rodian, Hutts, Gungans) then you should generally assume people don't remember their species names. Don't act like everyone knows who the Ithorians are because one of them shows up briefly in ANH cantina scene. And C) the time skipping can be a bit jarring. Honestly, I just wish the story was told in chronological order starting in the past and jumping to the present. All this jumping is giving me whiplash at times.

Still, enjoying it so far.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017

There are portions of the fanbase I can't stand, but there are also a lot of people like the guy who made these who make the fandom really, really cool.

I believe some stuff related to the lightsaber beginning was actually filmed. Leaked call sheets include it and according to MakingStarWars a person was cast as a character from it (Naka, although it appears that name has been transferred to the character who found Poe on Jakku). At one point, some of those scenes were moved to the "Forceback" when Rey touches the lightsaber, before being dropped altogether. Here's a report from MakingStarWars about the original beginning. And then when some of it was moved to the flashback.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a part of Genndywars was recanonized. According to a poster on TFN, the new Lightsabers book contains this nugget:

"- The implication is the micro-series Grievous personally capturing of Palpatine is apparently overall canonized since not only was Roron Corobb killed but so were other Jedi protectors killed(although they went unnamed in the book). Also, as the last line of defense for Chancellor Palpatine Master Shaak Ti fought Grievous during the final battle of the Clone Wars, where Grievious ensnared Shaak Ti with electrified cables which knocked her out."

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-lightsabers-a-guide-to-weapons-of-the-force.50048973/

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a part of Genndywars was recanonized. According to a poster on TFN, the new Lightsabers book contains this nugget:

"- The implication is the micro-series Grievous personally capturing of Palpatine is apparently overall canonized since not only was Roron Corobb killed but so were other Jedi protectors killed(although they went unnamed in the book). Also, as the last line of defense for Chancellor Palpatine Master Shaak Ti fought Grievous during the final battle of the Clone Wars, where Grievious ensnared Shaak Ti with electrified cables which knocked her out."

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-lightsabers-a-guide-to-weapons-of-the-force.50048973/
Elements of the EU (including CW) have appeared in canon and those elements in those new media are canon, that doesn't make the original media canon however, even though some people get too excited when that happens, especially on Twitter lol.

Pretty cool though! Love these tidbits.

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Is there anyone here who is good at Photoshop who can help me make extract just the logo and have it with a png background if that makes sense? Or does someone know where I can find one?
Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Repiblic-2-Android-Game.jpg

I'm making the OT for this game since it becomes Xbox One BC tomorrow but the only logo with a plain background that I can find is way too small.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Is there anyone here who is good at Photoshop who can help me make extract just the logo and have it with a png background if that makes sense? Or does someone know where I can find one?
Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Repiblic-2-Android-Game.jpg

I'm making the OT for this game since it becomes Xbox One BC tomorrow but the only logo with a plain background that I can find is way too small.
Best I could do:
kotoross9gsot.png

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nice!

So happy to see the vintage collection return!
Yeah they are pretty cool though I wish they were cheaper.

I had a great moment last week when I stopped in at Walmart in the morning to find the normal Star Wars spot bone-dry with a scattered assortment of old stuff. Shaking my head and waving my arms in disbelief that they did not have any shit together, I saw out of the corner of my eye the Solo stuff had been shifted down the aisle and there was all of the Vintage cards on the pegs. Only one I haven't grabbed is Jyn. With another stop in later in the week I saw why they cleared out the original Star Wars spot; for all the Jurassic World toys, which probably sell a shitload more than Star Wars toys.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Yeah they are pretty cool though I wish they were cheaper.

I had a great moment last week when I stopped in at Walmart in the morning to find the normal Star Wars spot bone-dry with a scattered assortment of old stuff. Shaking my head and waving my arms in disbelief that they did not have any shit together, I saw out of the corner of my eye the Solo stuff had been shifted down the aisle and there was all of the Vintage cards on the pegs. Only one I haven't grabbed is Jyn. With another stop in later in the week I saw why they cleared out the original Star Wars spot; for all the Jurassic World toys, which probably sell a shitload more than Star Wars toys.

I generally stick to the Black Series, but absolutely love the vintage cardbacks if I can get them mint. The Rebel Hoth soldier is the only one I have ordered at the moment but I am getting tempted by the Snoke and Rey!

Status
Not open for further replies.