• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
In Heir to the Empire, why do they keep calling Sith "Dark Jedi"? I thought the moniker already existed before the PT, was it just not used in EU until post-PT coming out?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you guys have seen this, it's an old 1976 interview with Mark Hamill and Gary Kurtz at a convention, where they discuss the upcoming film "Star Wars."

It's riveting hearing people discuss Star Wars before it was released and having no idea what they're about to experience. Some highlights include sci-fi snobs insulting the film for not having heady Star Trek-esque concepts; Kurtz saying the film will need to gross around $18 million to get a sequel; and Mark and Kurtz explaining to the audience basic things we now take for granted (like the Jedi and Han Solo's character).

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wouldn't "Ren" be the "Darth" in this situation though? Kylo is the "Master of the Knights of Ren." Darth and Ren are titles.
Ben would make more sense, still.

That not really a mistake either. To Obi-Wan, Anakin died on Mustafar. Plus it would have ruined the surprise in Empire haha.
Yeah, thats the stupid explenation that was made up afterwards. I am aware that Lucas most likely changed things after A New Hope a bit, but lets not act like this was intentional.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, thats the stupid explenation that was made up afterwards. I am aware that Lucas most likely changed things after A New Hope a bit, but lets not act like this was intentional.
True, there wasn't much of a long-term plan. But I don't think changing Obi-Wan's dialogue to 'Anakin' would fix anything. 'Vader' maybe would have made more sense, as that's what Tarkin refers to him as.
Wouldn't "Ren" be the "Darth" in this situation though? Kylo is the "Master of the Knights of Ren." Darth and Ren are titles.
The use of Ren was pretty interesting in TFA. Finn and Hux refer to him as 'Ren' instead of Kylo, which suggests that at that point at least the First Order don't have particularly close ties to the other Knights. Otherwise giving out Christmas gifts would be hell.

Last edited:

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Ben would make more sense, still.

This seems extremely nitpicky. He calls him Darth because the Anakin backstory wasn't locked in in 1977. End of. She calls him Kylo because that is also his name.

Even if you want to make the argument for calling him Vader. Surely calling him Darth is like calling someone "Doctor" or "Sir".

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, sounds like the "mystery location" they're adding to Star Tours (in addition to Crait) is the site of the Galaxy's Edge park expansion, a new planet called Batuu. Makes sense.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This seems extremely nitpicky. He calls him Darth because the Anakin backstory wasn't locked in in 1977. End of. She calls him Kylo because that is also his name.

Even if you want to make the argument for calling him Vader. Surely calling him Darth is like calling someone "Doctor" or "Sir".
I am aware that it wasnt locked in 1977, thats my point ;)

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Comparison images - with caption added by me.

toshowmefojjh.png

iwont0gjz1.png

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
GAMEPROFF Finn and Rey showed up after Han yelled "Ben!"

Neither of them know that's his name, in TFA.

There was no "mistake".

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That shot with Leia looking outside is just incredible.

So it's pretty much confirmed then that she's talking to Luke when she says "I need someone to show me my place in all this"?

There was some speculation that she was talking to Chewie, and I really liked that idea.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Confirms that Rey is not talking to Kylo in the end of the trailer.
I wonder who Kylo is offering a hand to. I SERIOUSLY doubt it's going to be Rey, considering the way their interactions were set up in TFA.

She despises him. I doubt she will hear any of it or allow for a context that justifies his offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.