• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Its unbelivable how shitty the Star Wars Comic became. Screaming Citadel is the worst. Zombies, Life Energy Vampires and shit.
At least Luke finally gained some tranining after 35 issues. Its a fucking shame. It started so great.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Its unbelivable how shitty the Star Wars Comic became. Screaming Citadel is the worst. Zombies, Life Energy Vampires and shit.
At least Luke finally gained some tranining after 35 issues. Its a fucking shame. It started so great.

Screaming Citadel is terrible, but the new team looks promising with the first Jedha issue.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Saw in RO is awesome. So is Bor Gullet. And yeah RO has the best names. Director Krennic. Baze Malbus. Chirrut Imwe. Bor Gullet. Bodhi Rook! Edrio Two-Tubes. Bistan. Pau. Even Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso are great. Not to mention Admiral Raddus and K2SO. (Is the 0 in K2S0 a zero or a letter O?)

If you like Saw and want more, I highly recommend reading Catalyst, Rebel Rising, and Guardians of the Whills. Rebel Rising has the most and it's about Jyn. It's a fantastic planet hopping bleak space journey just like Rogue One.

I'm reading Aftermath book 2 - Life Debt right now. My priority is to finish that trilogy and then hopefully have time to play the campaign of Battlefront 2. Aftermath book 1 took me forever to read. I did not love that book. It was a slog and for some reason really hard to get through for me. It took me more than 2 years to read that book and in that same time I read most of the other new canon books. But near the end it clicked a lot more finally and now I'm already half way thru Life Debt which just feels like a better book.
Wow, R1 really does have some great names. Almost as good as Snoke. :p

Veritigo

Oct 25, 2017
I was so hyped for a Luke/Aphra crossover :(

I think the Star Wars comic would be better served focusing on other characters besides the main three, basically use the comic to flesh out the universe. Alternately, they could just rebrand the comic as "Journals of Old Ben Kenobi" and I'd be happy.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I would love to get a dark and gritty book about some ordinary soldiers of the Rebels or the Empire. A Clonetrooper Specialcommando, that does the dirty work between enemy lines. A book about Rogue Squadron, starring Wedge Antilles. Something like that. Even the new sidecharacters are awful IMO. I hate Evil Chewbacca, Evil C3PO and Evil R2D2. Doc Aphra can be enjoyable from time to time, mostly she is to jokey and feels to much like she is from this planet.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to get a dark and gritty book about some ordinary soldiers of the Rebels or the Empire. A Clonetrooper Specialcommando, that does the dirty work between enemy lines. A book about Rogue Squadron, starring Wedge Antilles. Something like that. Even the new sidecharacters are awful IMO. I hate Evil Chewbacca, Evil C3PO and Evil R2D2. Doc Aphra can be enjoyable from time to time, mostly she is to jokey and feels to much like she is from this planet.
There are those two Battlefront books, both are supposed to be pretty good.

Yeah the Star Wars comic line is mostly hot trash. Especially the Kenobi oneshots.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You would like Battlefront: Twilight Company.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
Finn shouting
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
and asking where
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
gives me life!

Do I need to hide those words above this sentence?
It's officially released footage. You don't. Finn wakes up asking for Rey and wondering where she is...which makes sense, given that the lost time he saw her she had been thrown against a tree.

Of course, Finn's gonna have his hands full with Rose.
All I'm saying is this:

Finn didn't shout out Poe's name at the top of the clip. ;)
man as someone who's read the spoilers you should know better than this

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It's officially released footage. You don't. Finn wakes up asking for Rey and wondering where she is...which makes sense, given that the lost time he saw her she had been thrown against a tree.

Of course, Finn's gonna have his hands full with Rose.

man as someone who's read the spoilers you should know better than this
Got it! I'll edit the post then.

Wait, spoilers?

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want Aphra to tell Luke that Padme is his mother between ESB and RotJ. There's nothing in RotJ that indicates he doesn't know who his mother is, just that he doesn't remember her. I could see him searching out that information trying to piece things together after the Vader reveal in ESB.

Makes the scene in RotJ a little more poignant too if he knows who he's talking about when he asks Leia about her real mother.

Also have Luke and Leia meet their family at some point. Pooja can be a senator like in Legends!

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
Is Rogue One being a better film than A New Hope an unpopular opinion? My main problem with Rogue One is it's very truncated in the middle. I feel like I should like ANH better but...I dunno.

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm re watching the movies, clone wars and rebels in anticipation of the new film. I don't think star wars works in book form but I'm interested in some of the comics although I have no idea which ones are any good or important in terms of plot ,are any worth reading? (I've read anakin and obi wan and the darth maul one set after the clone wars series)

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm re watching the movies, clone wars and rebels in anticipation of the new film. I don't think star wars works in book form but I'm interested in some of the comics although I have no idea which ones are any good or important in terms of plot ,are any worth reading? (I've read anakin and obi wan and the darth maul one set after the clone wars series)

Darth Maul (the one before TPM)
Darth Vader (both the 2015 and current one)
Kanan
Doctor Aphra
Lando
Han Solo
Princess Leia
Shattered Empire

None of them are "necessary" but the Vader comics really flesh things out and Shattered Empire ties in with Battlefront II. Kanan is a great companion story to Rebels. The others are just fun.

Poe Dameron is surprisingly unimportant but it seems like it's finally starting to pick up (and akso probably close to ending).

The main Star Wars comic is all over the place in quality but it does tie in with Vader 2015 and Aphra, and ir just switched to a better writer, so it's also worth reading but it's not a top recommendation. It also has a lot of art problems.

edit: For the main Star Wars comic I'd say read the first four arcs (through Rebel Jail), then skip until Screaming Citadel which unfortunately kind of has to be read if you're reading Aphra (or you could skip those Aphra issues as well), then skip stuff again until Gillen's run starts.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lando, Vader Down and the arcsShowdown on the Smuggler's Moon and Rebel Jailin Star Wars are must reads. Are all those are fantastic and not even because they're Star Wars, they're just damn good comics.

The new Darth Vader has been pretty good, too.

Lizzy

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be a great gag if Finn never sees Rey doing anything with the Force or fighting with her Force powers throughout the trilogy.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
What canon books have you read? List time.

A New Dawn
*Lost Stars
Aftermath
*Battlefront: Twilight Company
Before the Awakening
TFA Novelization
Bloodline
Aftermath: Life Debt
Ahsoka
Catalyst
*RO Novelization
Aftermath: Empire's End
Thrawn
Guardians of the Whills
*Rebel Rising
Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
*Phasma
Star Wars From A Certain Point of View

* = in the favorites pile. I didn't dislike any of them really. I think Alexander Freed and Claudia Gray are the best of the new writers.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy.

Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest
Adventures in Wild Space: The Heist
Adventures in Wild Space: The Darkness
Aftermath
Ahsoka
A New Hero
A New Dawn
Battlefront: Twilight Company
BB-8 on the Run
Before the Awakening
Beware the Power of the Dark Side
Bloodline
Bounty Hunt
Catalyst
Dark Disciple
Ezra's Gamble
From A Certain Point of View
The Force Awakens
Guardians of the Whills
Heir to the Jedi
Join the Resistance
Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
The Legends of Luke Skywalker
Leia: Princess of Alderaan
Lords of the Sith
Lost Stars
Moving Target
On the Front Lines
Phasma
Poe Dameron: Flight Log
The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
Rebel Journal
Rebel Rising
Rey's Survival Guide
Rogue One
Sabine: My Rebel Sketchbook
Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
Smuggler's Run
So You Want to Be a Jedi?
Tales From a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Tarkin
Thrawn
The Weapon of a Jedi

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy.

Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare
Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest
Adventures in Wild Space: The Heist
Adventures in Wild Space: The Darkness
Aftermath
Ahsoka
A New Hero
A New Dawn
Battlefront: Twilight Company
BB-8 on the Run
Before the Awakening
Beware the Power of the Dark Side
Bloodline
Bounty Hunt
Catalyst
Dark Disciple
Ezra's Gamble
From A Certain Point of View
The Force Awakens
Guardians of the Whills
Heir to the Jedi
Join the Resistance
Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
The Legends of Luke Skywalker
Leia: Princess of Alderaan
Lords of the Sith
Lost Stars
Moving Target
On the Front Lines
Phasma
Poe Dameron: Flight Log
The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
Rebel Journal
Rebel Rising
Rey's Survival Guide
Rogue One
Sabine: My Rebel Sketchbook
Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
Smuggler's Run
So You Want to Be a Jedi?
Tales From a Galaxy Far, Far Away
Tarkin
Thrawn
The Weapon of a Jedi

Goals

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A New Dawn
Heir to the Jedi
Lords of the Sith
Tarkin
Dark Disciple
Battlefront Twilight company
Lost Stars
Bloodline
The weapon of a Jedi
Rise of the empire (the short stories in it)
Aftermath
Life debt
Empires end
Servants of the empire edge of the galaxy
SOE rebel in the ranks
SOE imperial Justicr
DOE the Secert Acadmey
All creatures great and small
The perfect Weapon
The face of evil
High noon on Jakku
Crimson Corsaior and the treausre of. Out Dooku
Ashoka
Catalyst
Thrawn

malyse

Community Resetter
The thing I wanted them to do that they would never have the balls to do is have Iden meet with Rae and help start the First Order. Can you imagine if Iden just stayed a "bad guy" and they actually made the story about the shades of gray the rebellion did? I mean, lean into groups like Saw's Partisans and hard edged terrorist rebels. Give us a "not every Imperial is evil, not every rebel is good" story. Show us why someone would trust in and morn the lost of the Empire. That would have been a story worth reading and a good follow up to Inferno Squad (which I liked in spite of some pacing issues and an abrupt ending).
Is there any media in the new canon you haven't consumed yet?

Again answering questions I wasn't asked, I haven't read a few of the short stories and the comics and Battlefront 2. Pretty much all others though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Heir of the Empire. I'm sure 99.99% of you have read this but I'm still spoilering it.
I'm liking this stuff with Mara Jade and how they're just scripinkling little bits of information about her. She hates Luke, she is able to sense him out in the middle of nowhere, now we find out she hates him because of what he did at Jabba's and she has held a Lightsaber before. So I'm guessing she was a padawan or whatever that's called in 1991.

I'm so glad that this book is living up to the hype, it's great so far.

OP
OP
sphagnum

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any media in the new canon you haven't consumed yet?

Some of the Wild Space books aren't out in America yet and we don't have translations for the German Rebels comics or the German comic adaptation of The Weapon of a Jedi. Aside from that I dont always bother with kids book adaptations (like for Rebels) or most reference books. Don't play the games either, I just read up on them/watch stuff. So for example I never played Uprising but I read the script, and I wont buy BFII but I watched the cutscenes.

I shouldve listed The Perfct Weapon on there since its an e-novella but I was thinking of it as a short story. Also read all those plus all the comics so far, minus the ones I mentioned above. They really should release those Insider short stories in some sort of collection.

Also, I dont own the majority of those books. Thats what libraries and friends are for!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also is there a Discord for this community where you guys all chat about Star Wars stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.