• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I enter a Star Wars thread in OT, it's like I've stepped into a bizarro world, where 7&8 are flops critically and financially.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell? Where they going to CG his face?

I thought they recycled that idea in Rogue One

I don't think we would have gotten a clear shot of his face. One rumor was that it would be a different angle of Luke's hand being cut off, focusing on the hand and saber. I could see that being from below or far away. The bit that survived into the final film is Rey walking down the hallway that Luke and Vader go through right before they get to the outside but where the reveal happens. So maybe Luke would have been obscured by Vader's back.

As for the other thing:

The scenes with Leia have her giving orders and reacting. They could probably be tweaked to work for any space battle. Just take out any time she directly references the weapon.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
v14F3U9.jpg
This always gives me the creeps, something about it is unsettling.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, with the advent of deepfake tech, do you guys think, that in the future if they want to have a young Leia in a scene again, they'll deepfake it rather than go the CGI path?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So, with the advent of deepfake tech, do you guys think, that in the future if they want to have a young Leia in a scene again, they'll deepfake it rather than go the CGI path?
I wanna see what DeepFakes are possible of doing when they have the money and manpower of Disney. Also, shooting scenes with deepfakes in mind and then enhancing them with CGi. Shit could be real freaky.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna see what DeepFakes are possible of doing when they have the money and manpower of Disney. Also, shooting scenes with deepfakes in mind and then enhancing them with CGi. Shit could be real freaky.
This video got me thinking of it. Also, I imagine this way is a hell of a lot cheaper than building CGI from scratch?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've had the urge over the past few weeks to want to get into writing short essays involving things in Star Wars. Kind of a mix between history lessons and think pieces, especially with stuff outside the movies. I feel like that would be a fun thing to do over the next year as I prepare to go to Star Wars Celebration.

It was this episode of Blast Points that really got me thinking of a topic to write about:

Could that spark interest here? Not just SW Era but Era in general?

Last edited:

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I've had the urge over the past few weeks to want to get into writing short essays involving things in Star Wars. Kind of a mix between history lessons and think pieces, especially with stuff outside the movies. I feel like that would be a fun thing to do over the next year as I prepare to go to Star Wars Celebration.

It was this episode of Blast Points that really got me thinking of a topic to right about:

Could that spark interest here? Not just SW Era but Era in general?

I'd definitely be down to read them. Good luck if you post them over in Etcet, but they still might produce some interesting discourse, depending on the topic.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still a bit peeved that there's been no official announcement for a Resistance S1 blu-ray.
yeah, SAME. I was only able to see the first half of the season, then I cut cable out and lost "free" access to the show. I've been hemming and hawing buying the digital season, but it has been $40 the whole time, and I just assume it will be immediately available on the Disney+ service at launch.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
no word on Resistance hitting Disney+? That would make it all the more disappointing that they aren't putting out a blu-ray. Seriously, what's with the trend of dumping stuff on DVD and not bothering with a blu-ray? This notion that DVD is a more kid-friendly format is pretty funny. If your situation is to the point where you only have access to a DVD player and not a Blu-Ray or 4K player... I bet that person is probably more likely to consume most stuff free on youtube and such than buy DVDs. I can see where DVD made sense at one point for children's programming, but that's quickly changing.

DVD-only for new releases should be sent out to pasture. Baseline should be Blu-ray, ideally Blu-ray + digital. A lot of kids have hand-me-down PS3 and Xbox systems that can play blu-ray, assuming they don't have access to anything newer.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
no word on Resistance hitting Disney+? That would make it all the more disappointing that they aren't putting out a blu-ray. Seriously, what's with the trend of dumping stuff on DVD and not bothering with a blu-ray? This notion that DVD is a more kid-friendly format is pretty funny. If your situation is to the point where you only have access to a DVD player and not a Blu-Ray or 4K player... I bet that person is probably more likely to consume most stuff free on youtube and such than buy DVDs. I can see where DVD made sense at one point for children's programming, but that's quickly changing.

DVD-only for new releases should be sent out to pasture. Baseline should be Blu-ray, ideally Blu-ray + digital. A lot of kids have hand-me-down PS3 and Xbox systems that can play blu-ray, assuming they don't have access to anything newer.

I'm sure Resistance will be on Disney+, Rebels and TCW will

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I enter a Star Wars thread in OT, it's like I've stepped into a bizarro world, where 7&8 are flops critically and financially.

That's because certain people are pathetic assholes who are so myopic and up their own assess as to feel the compunction to 'prove' these new films - that they personally hate - are actually flops.

It's a fool's errand because outside of Solo, every Disney SW has been a massive mega-hit both critically and commercially. The only franchise that is generating more money right now is Marvel.

Just wait until RoS is released. It'll make more than TLJ but if it fails to cross two-billion worldwide, people in here will call it a 'disappointment.'

I won't even engage with these fucks anymore. There's a difference between disliking something and having differing, civil opinions versus being so dedicated to hating a franchise that you literally are spreading lies and propaganda to buoy your own specious arguments.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
That's because certain people are pathetic assholes who are so myopic and up their own assess as to feel the compunction to 'prove' these new films - that they personally hate - are actually flops.

It's a fool's errand because outside of Solo, every Disney SW has been a massive mega-hit both critically and commercially. The only franchise that is generating more money right now is Marvel.

Just wait until RoS is released. It'll make more than TLJ but if it fails to cross two-billion worldwide, people in here will call it a 'disappointment.'

I won't even engage with these fucks anymore. There's a difference between disliking something and having differing, civil opinions versus being so dedicated to hating a franchise that you literally are spreading lies and propaganda to buoy your own specious arguments.
I noticed that its always the same group of people quoting each other in SW threads.

Like patting each other's back lol.

#savestarwars I guess

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

FX has done that DVD-only thing with some of their shows, such as The Americans and the third season of Fargo, which really pissed people off.

Super annoying when you can't get shows on an optimum format.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Discussing Star Wars is tiring when it's been nearly the same thing for the past year and a half. I feel like it's not going to matter with everything happening in the next 5 months, it's always going to go back to TLJ.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Man it's really annoying to see posts like "Sequel trilogy is fucked up" "Sequels are terrible and Disney killed Star Wars"
They don't even know what they want! TFA and TLJ were critically and financially successful, it's not like we got absolutely horrible and unwatchable movies. It's just pure hate, i wish this kind of toxicity weren't around Star Wars.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really gonna give it to him in a YouTube video filmed in my hover Tesla.

Shit, I tried doing that once, but I forgot to enable the autopilot and crashed into the median buoys.

Couldn't even grab my phone from the wreck because of, you know, the battery implosion

edit: I cmmft brrrth nn thff thig

fihzlth77xa31.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.