• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple of other Disney insider community figures are saying the Obi-Wan news is legit and might (MIGHT) be announced at D23.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Obi Wan Grandfather. Maul as Great Uncle.

Like poetry!
Any chance I get to post this
tumblr_mdg8ms1uAy1rqkkzco2_r1_500.gif

One of my all time favorite gifs. The face of "I've made a huge mistake".

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I mean, Rogue One was rewritten to high hell. Let the dudes write a treatment and then move on to their billion dollar Netflix flop.

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
Totally random question, but am I the only person who thinks Mark Hamill's voice sounds weird now? Is it an age thing? A result of his voice actin career? It sounds kinda artificial and theatrical in the movies, and it's oddly pitched in interviews. In the OT he sounded normal.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Totally random question, but am I the only person who thinks Mark Hamill's voice sounds weird now? Is it an age thing? A result of his voice actin career? It sounds kinda artificial and theatrical in the movies, and it's oddly pitched in interviews. In the OT he sounded normal.
I mean he's been voicing Joker, what do you expect.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hamill is, or was, a smoker and it's why he has that distinctive rasp in his voice when he plays the Joker or TLJ Luke. But also he's just a better actor than he was in the OT where he often wasn't given much material to work with besides saying hero lines. In TLJ he's given some great dialogue to really show his range.

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
Hamill is, or was, a smoker and it's why he has that distinctive rasp in his voice when he plays the Joker or TLJ Luke. But also he's just a better actor than he was in the OT where he often wasn't given much material to work with besides saying hero lines. In TLJ he's given some great dialogue to really show his range.

Oh I don't mean it as a diss just something I noticed and wondered about. Agreed about his acting.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the first solid rumor about him joining the project, no? It was usually about it just existing and then what director had joined.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

I continue to look forward to Rian's trilogy the most out of all the future projects.

I think this is the first solid rumor about him joining the project, no? It was usually about it just existing and then what director had joined.

Fantha Tracks (they first reported Lando in IX among other things) is saying it's an eight-episode season, with Ewan directing a number of them. This is reportedly what got him to sign on.

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So who's gonna post the thread about Rian Johnson and make Era mad?

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I can't believe Kathleen Kennedy would let Rian keep lying about the series he was fired from just to save face. Incredibly kind of her to throw Ruin a bone like that.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ewan a decent director? Never seen any of his stuff, as far as I know.

I would've liked if they had gotten one director for the whole thing, though.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Normally I'm for a unified directorial vision, but I feel like it might be smarter for Kennedy to let lots of different filmmakers play around with Star Wars productions. Start making some connections of different talents.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So we're possibly looking at:

2019: The Mandalorian, Resistance Season 2 and The Rise of Skywalker
2020: Clone Wars
2021: Cassian Andor
2022: Obi-Wan and D&D

Status
Not open for further replies.