• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I unironically want this monstrosity to make an appearance:

Woodenbattleship.JPG

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So

New Toy Story trailer

New Stranger Things trailer

New Tarantino trailer

Surely this means...

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
It really would be interesting to see if they have the chutzpah to drop a title at the panel, because for all we know it could go over like a wet fart

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
We've come a long way from "the advertising is the same as the other two episodes"

Hopefully the title drop will be worth it if it does indeed premiere with the trailer.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It would also be like poetry, it would rhyme.
That would be sick. I'd also be cool with it playing when Rey and Kylo fight one last time. Be a nice full circle moment and appropriately operatic ending.
It would mirror the duels in previous trilogies as well.. Anakin/Obi in PT, Luke/Vader in OT, now Rey/Kylo in ST

So much poetry happening here GL might get involved

The major battles between light and dark. Greater than Jedi and Sith.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Duel of the Fates would be an incredible title especially in this the year of our lord, 20th anniversary of Phantom Menace.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% sure that D&D rumor is false but I'd wish it were true because it plays right into what I was talking about a couple of weeks back. I'm all for an Old Republic series of films if only it meant that they leaned way more on the fantasy side than the sci-fi. It'd be a huge disappointment if they used that time period and it looked like the video games where it was essentially identical to modern Star Wars in terms of tech and feel.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I'm 100% sure that D&D rumor is false but I'd wish it were true because it plays right into what I was talking about a couple of weeks back. I'm all for an Old Republic series of films if only it meant that they leaned way more on the fantasy side than the sci-fi. It'd be a huge disappointment if they used that time period and it looked like the video games where it was essentially identical to modern Star Wars in terms of tech and feel.
It's honestly wild that the Old Republic actually just became synonymous with the pinnacle of the Star Wars universe in terms of power, civilizations, organizations. Everything is basically turned to 11 in the Old Republic. I love how it gives us so much more to be explored, but a return to an early fantasy definitely seems like a cool direction.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Duel of the Fates would be a cool title
It would also be like poetry, it would rhyme.
That would be sick. I'd also be cool with it playing when Rey and Kylo fight one last time. Be a nice full circle moment and appropriately operatic ending.
It would also be a nice nod to John Williams with IX being his final film.

Oh, uh, damn. Now everyone's going to be disappointed when it ends up being something marginally less rad.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of agree. I like some of the touches at ancient and more mystical history hinted at in the various temples and toppled civilizations explored in Rebels, Rogue One, and on Ahch-To. Though these rumors were suggesting hundreds of years ago, not thousands, so it would be squarely in the time of Yoda and mid Republic. I'd imagine that time period would look more like the prequels than even The Old Republic aesthetic.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Have we considered the possibility that JJ releases the trailer...without a title!

Episode IX: The Final Mystery Box

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Duel of the Fates sounds way too small. IX needs a title that evokes something that concerns the whole galaxy. It's not about two people.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit weird that this is the second time they've not released a Star Wars Show episode and they don't really acknowledge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.