• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Bummed there wasn't gameplay. But honestly this was pretty similar to all the other panels and interviews that have happened at Celebration so far. Feels like maybe Respawn didn't even want to show this early. I wonder if they would have preferred debuting at E3.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Bummed there wasn't gameplay. But honestly this was pretty similar to all the other panels and interviews that have happened at Celebration so far. Feels like maybe Respawn didn't even want to show this early. I wonder if they would have preferred debuting at E3.

I'm still a little surprised that the IX panel was so... nothing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and I think the teaser is fantastic. But they're really holding their cards close to their chest this year.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lDBXZRB.jpg

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Why do studios think it's ok to pick generic assholes and pair them with generic writing

Also

Where is the representation? SW is diverse as fuck yet in 2019 we're forced to play as generic white guy 846458 devoid of personality.

I say this as a white guy
Even within the realm of white dude video game protagonists, the Fallen Order dude is visual dishwater.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fallen Order is an awful premise. I don't give a single fuck about the era between ROTS and ANH. It's been done to death, exactly like this, and they've already done it in a fucking video game. Jedi white boy and his Cute Droid Companion is just icing on the cake.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fallen Order is an awful premise. I don't give a single fuck about the era between ROTS and ANH. It's been done to death, exactly like this, and they've already done it in a fucking video game. Jedi white boy and his Cute Droid Companion is just icing on the cake.

If they were desperate to cover that time period and premise, it should have been Ahsoka.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figure there is little to tell about Ahsoka.
She settles into life of a Fulcrum between ROTS/Siege of Mandalore/Ahsoka-novel and Rebels. Given her armor, she evidently has had some adventures, but not everything needs to be shown. Sometimes some mystery and imagination is better.

That, or maybe there's something planned. Doubt it though.

EDIT Wait, it seems Filoni has indicated there's something about her we haven't heard or seen yet. I wonder...
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_(novel)#Development

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck, we're getting The Mandalorian and then a whole 3 days later we get The Fallen Order. I ain't ready.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Kathy Kennedy will be holding a conference with Rian Johnson and D&D next month to hash out the next 10 years of Star Wars movies.

"This [movie] is the culmination of the Skywalker Saga; it's by no means the culmination of Star Wars," said Kennedy. "I'm sitting down now with Dan Weiss and David Benioff...and Rian Johnson. We're all sitting down to talk about, where do we go next? We've all had conversations about what the possibilities might be, but now we're locking it down."

This summit is on the calendar for next month, Kennedy said.

Why do studios still think it's ok to release these CGI cinematic trailers?!

The trailer is not CGI. It's in-game assets rendered in-engine.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno guys.. fallen order looks good to me and Respawn shines in the gameplay department.

I'm not worried.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
That is fucking exciting. The future of SW being discussed post Skywalker, wow

"KK doesn't plan for the SW future!'

-does that-

'No, not that plan'

I dunno guys.. fallen order looks good to me and Respawn shines in the gameplay department.

I'm not worried.

I'm not too concern about the gameplay department, I think it'll be a solid C+ grade game

I just wish out of all of the things, they didn't go with a generic white guy when force unleashed exist

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Palpatine returning.
Same. I didn't like it at first, but now that it's hitting me that this they intend this to be the last (mainline at least) movie with this story and these characters, I just want them to go all out. Palpatine returning and being the overarching villain of the entire Skywalker Saga makes sense to me. The Skywalker Saga will end up being about multiple generations of Skywalkers and their pupils putting a stop to his plans.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Palpatine returning.
Yeah...
I mean, i still get that "what the fuck, they're doing some of the stupidiest shit in old canon again?" feeling. But then again, they're doing that on screen, with Ian McDiarmid... it may be stupid and silly, but it will be cool and awesome as well.

And it is on film. Part of the old canon stupidity was that it happened in some random comic book. I'll be honest, i learned about the comic well after i had read many Star Wars books, some of them referring to it. I recall being weirded out.
I say "random", because to me comic books have never been but a side media in Star Wars, i'll blame that on comics not really being a thing in Europe as they're in the US. (Yes yes, we've got various European comic book traditions, but they're somewhat different.)

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, found the Clone Trooper type from whom the Purge Trooper helmet is borrowed:

latest

In old canon, 2nd Airborne Company. Helmet type is not named.

EDIT Borderline straight lift actually. Minor changes, new colors.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind repeating the post-rots era. I don't mind repeating Kanans story. I don't even mind the character being human.

But I am so tired of "the video game dude." The super serious super bland cookie cutter white guy power fantasy stand-in that's been done literally thousands of times.

dolo

Nov 27, 2018
Why couldn't we customize our own character or at least chose between like 5 models? I really wouldn't care if the same character looked differently in some comic or something down the line. Like have the default character be the ''accurate'' version, but for the purpose of this game let us customize some.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind repeating the post-rots era. I don't mind repeating Kanans story. I don't even mind the character being human.

But I am so tired of "the video game dude." The super serious super bland cookie cutter white guy power fantasy stand-in that's been done literally thousands of times.
I understand this complaint (coming from a brown dude).

dolo

Nov 27, 2018
Still really excited for the gameplay though, even if the story isn't a massive hit (it could be). I'm sure they will deliver on that! Having melee, lightsaber focused, with current graphics and everything just sounds amazing. Like Outcast 2.0 would be so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.