• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't R2 get parts of the map data from the Death Star? I think that was one of the things that was filled in by one of the books.

I'm surprised that she didn't just say that that's something they're talking about which really doesn't mean anything but that they're actively developing something in that time period. It obviously doesn't mean that they movie will happen but it's way more than I would've thought she'd be willing to share.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I will never cease to be baffled how people give Disney all the blame (or credit) for anything Star Wars but treat Marvel as entirely different than Disney.

It's like they have to lie to themselves that Disney Star Wars is different Disney than Disney marvel

What bothers me the lack of conviction as some ( a very small amount) call for a boycott of episode 9 but they won't boycot anything else related to Disney

Heck those same people will probably be there day one of episode 9

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
D&D'S ARE OLD ASS FANTASY ASS GAME OF THRONES ASS AYE MY LADY ASS ME LORD MOFO KIN BREACHES STAR WARS

BET

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
The Empire had detailed, extensive maps of the galaxy. When it fell, it destroyed many documents that would have been useful to the new Republic including maps. Shortly after this time, Luke started exploring the galaxy, attempting to find as many ancient Jedi artifacts and locations as possible. He may or may not have discovered Ahch-To during this period. At some point, he settled down and started a school to train a new generation of Jedi. Then he had the incident with Ben and went into self-imposed exile, but not before word that he was going to the "first Jedi temple" managed to get out to at least his close friends. The problem is, nobody knew where "the first Jedi temple" was, and no maps had it marked on them (they could tell you the location of 157,000 different Jack-In-The-Boxes, but no First Jedi Temple). So began the race to find where this temple was. Lor San Tekka found out, though how is unclear. He is known to have been a traveler and historian, even helping Luke search for Jedi lore and the Republic map out the galaxy. He turned this information over to Poe Dameron, who put it in BB-8, who brought it to the Resistance. But they had no context for it. R2-D2, who had downloaded a substantial amount of map data from the first Death Star while interfacing with it in Episode IV, was able to provide a map of the vicinity which allowed the Resistance to send an envoy to speak with him.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
KOTOR is not canon so they're free to reinterpret everything in this film, it could be very new and original for all we know despite the KOTOR name.
That's what I'm hoping for anyway, I know KOTOR isn't canon but they almost put Revan in TCW so I wouldn't put it past them to try and appease fans by reusing some material from the games.

Less emphasis on technology and more emphasis on mysticism would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Even if we're going into the future beyond the Skywalker saga, I really hope every single SW project sticks with the "a long time ago" setting, even if it's not literally shown on screen.

That said.. holy fuck did we really just get a stealth KOTOR bomb that everybody missed?
I hope Rian gets rid of "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." just to trigger the haters
ThisisERA.gif

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm hoping for anyway, I know KOTOR isn't canon but they almost put Revan in TCW so I wouldn't put it past them to try and appease fans by reusing some material from the games.
Right, forgot that part.
I don't have issue with Revan per se, but rather every fucking thing revolving around him. Her. It. Whatever. Was much better when Revan had no canonized gender, let alone species. I do love the KOTOR comic series, and especially the way they handled Revan (always cloaked and masked, just a background character).
Figure Darth Revan works well as a past Sith lord. But don't say more than that. Maybe Revan was influential among the Sith, and thus quoted or emulated, but it is better when Revan's mostly a mystery. Besides that'd make for a good mythology gag, allow KOTOR games exists in fans minds.

As for other elements of the games, yeah, there's good stuff. Ship designs, droids, locations, aliens, stuff worth using. Just drop the "everything's more or less the same as 4000 years later. Obviously the SW galaxy has been an advanced place for a long time, if the Jedi really have been around for 25k years, but i'd hope they make things so that one can tell various eras apart somehow, when it comes to aesthetics.

Rian is taking us to the future

D&D are taking us to the in a long long time ago past
That seems likely.
I wonder if the boy at the end of TLJ might figure into Rian's trilogy? Or is he just a case of showing what "hope" is?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
That seems likely.
I wonder if the boy at the end of TLJ might figure into Rian's trilogy? Or is he just a case of showing what "hope" is?
He's just more of a metaphor, yeah. Rian didn't even give him a name, Pablo did.

Also, they've confirmed that no characters or locations from the Skywalker saga will return. It wouldn't surprise me if Rian's takes place hundreds of years post ROS.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. Cheebo's OT thread for KOTOR news seems like a mess already. Why the fuck did i poke my head in there.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
They should create a separate thread in hangouts for the haters.

Will clean up the shitposts in the OT.

/wishful thinking

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God I can't wait for Clone Wars

That mocapped Ahsoka/Maul fight scene is going to be god-tier I can feel it

Oct 27, 2017
Recent talk of a 10 year roadmap has increased my hopes of Rian and DD working on one cohesive series set in the same timeframe instead of having two alternating series. Just bring everything together, movies, tv, books, comics, games into one huge saga.

It's what I would do anyways.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I know JJ's episode 9 would be super fan service, you know that, we all know that but I'm a bit worried about Palpatine's return. I think JJ needs to walk a pretty tight rope here because Palpatine could do what Luke could've done if he stayed alive and that's to overtake our new characters. There's a huge possibility, based on how JJ utilities him, where he overtakes the role as the big bad and Kylo is pushed aside and given a redemption arc, which I'm almost positive will happen.

In JJ I trust but in this expect I can't help but be somewhat worried. It might be a bit too fan servicey to the detriment of our new cast.

Or not and he'll be use in a way that completely surprises me and is extremely clever, which I hope.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know JJ's episode 9 would be super fan service, you know that, we all know that but I'm a bit worried about Palpatine's return. I think JJ needs to walk a pretty tight rope here because Palpatine could do what Luke could've done if he stayed alive and that's to overtake our new characters. There's a huge possibility, based on how JJ utilities him, where he overtakes the role as the big bad and Kylo is pushed aside and given a redemption arc, which I'm almost positive will happen.

In JJ I trust but in this expect I can't help but be somewhat worried. It might be a bit too fan servicey to the detriment of our new cast.

Or not and he'll be use in a way that completely surprises me and is extremely clever, which I hope.
tumblr_no31f8WEPc1unwe75o5_250.gif

Have faith my love.. soon everything will be set right

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Read the first 10 chapters of Master and Apprentice tonight. Loving it so far!

Listened to the first 4 chapters on audiobook while on a hike tonight. It is really good. Also I had no idea the production values for Star Wars audiobooks are so damn high! They've got music, sound effects, convincing impressions of the characters... It's pretty nuts.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea the audiobooks are great. I did the Battlefront 2 one and it was read by Janina Gavankar (Idens actress)

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances we gonna get an Easter egg of a cloverfield monster hidden in episode 9 ? like in the background of some planets fauna or something ? I know my skywalker would rise if that were to happen .

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
There's gotta be a sea monster set piece at the Death Star ruins

And I don't mean Palpatine

Also I could see Harrison Ford coming back for something if it's specifically to go or Carrie.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

Judging by their comments and other evidence that they've thought about Palpatine's return for a long time now, I think they must have nailed it or they think they did, at least.

And I suspect this might have been one of the main problems with Colin Trevorrow's scripts for TROS. I can't remember where exactly, but amongst the dozens of articles that I've read since Friday about TROS, one of them went into a bit more detail about the problems between Kennedy and Trevorrow, and how Rian and JJ were asked to come back after the Episode IX script simply wasn't working. Trevorrow went through almost five scripts and Lucasfilm rejected all of them.

Couple that with the fact that KK has confirmed more than once that they've been trying to figure out for years how to bring back Palpatine the "right way", then we can guess that was one of the main sticking points.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice The Mandalorian different armor,
man-characters-700x373.jpg

ZZ005A3A65-700x289.jpg

Its not just damage, the silver suit pieces match compared to the brown

I wonder which is the before and which after.

Oct 25, 2017
They're all different, I'd assume it's just an earlier design. But who know?
The other 2 are art, Mandalorian is a reference photo.
the-mandalorian.jpg

In the original image you can see the missmatched pieces particularly the shoulder pads.
I wonder if he upgrades throughout the series or those pieces get destroyed and he replaces them with other parts.
Based on the scene, im thinking upgrades.

Oct 27, 2017
When I walk into an anti-TLJ circle jerk thread:

giphy.gif

Like, I could lay out some facts but is there really a point anymore? Select all delete close tab turn off computer go outside

Status
Not open for further replies.