• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I poked into the Hamill thread. Apparently Disney is going to de-canonize the entire Sequel Trilogy (despite them you know making insane amounts of money and them having just designed an entire theme park centered around the Sequel Trilogy conflict).

Oh and Disney (unironically spelled as "Di$ney") paid critics to give TLJ good reviews.

So, pretty cool.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel we need to discuss the importance of all the Hux fan art that has him with a cat.

4e26c9363bb5e5e53acadf0bba990f29.jpg

Hux-Cat-Featured-02082016.jpg

b0rpfmkw2zvz.jpg

tumblr_o2b7bagOwQ1qd7a2yo1_500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
I poked into the Hamill thread. Apparently Disney is going to de-canonize the entire Sequel Trilogy (despite them you know making insane amounts of money and them having just designed an entire theme park centered around the Sequel Trilogy conflict).

Oh and Disney (unironically spelled as "Di$ney") paid critics to give TLJ good reviews.

So, pretty cool.

Oh wow... while that might be completely absurd, the great "what if" scenario here is that it's true, but the catch is, Johnson's trilogy is just a complete do-over sequel trilogy with him in complete control. Would almost be worth it for the reactions.

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be a distant future sequel trilogy.

Right now in a galaxy far far away...

Luke Skywalker (or a complete misinterpretation of his now ancient legend) is worshipped as a deity by the neojedi, a group of dark side users who think they are the good guys of this story, fighting a war against the terrifying oppressive warriors of emasculation and political correction.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that Knives Out and the oh baby music videos were just ways of RJ making connections with big names so he could get them in Episode 9. I need Captain America being a Jedi and David Strathairn being a dirty ass scoundrel.

[edit]

Last edited:

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Omg, it's code for a secret Hux/Poe ship? The shipper community works on so many levels.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
just took a look at the cast list for Rian's next film coming November, Knives Out is going to be fantastic. It stars Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Lakeith Stanfield, Michael Shannon, Ana de Armas, Don Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette, and Christopher Plummer.

ANA DE ARMAS?!?!? How did I miss that? I finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049 the other day and she was great in it.

Incredibly, this is something that IS Pablo Hidalgo's fault.

Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo recently teased on Twitter that not only does The Force Awakens' General Hux have a cat named Millicent, but Millicent's litter box serves as the place where Kylo Ren rests his helmet. Hidalgo hashtagged it #canon and everything.

That dust that Kylo puts his helmet into? Litter box for Hux's cat, Millicent. #canon
— Pablo Hidalgo (@pablohidalgo) February 6, 2016

Millicent (pictured). pic.twitter.com/LExm4giVNS
— Pablo Hidalgo (@pablohidalgo) February 6, 2016

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope one day, Rian gives us a long detailed interview on the Last Jedi fallout.

Since the press tour, he has obviously been busy with other projects, and we've just got twitter quotes from him. I would love to hear his honest thoughts on it.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Afraid to enter the thread about Mark Hammill talking about the Sequel Trilogy. I bet that the TLG hater parade is at full force over there.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Afraid to enter the thread about Mark Hammill talking about the Sequel Trilogy. I bet that the TLG hater parade is at full force over there.
I can sum up the discourse in that thread in one post:
Someone claimed Disney (which they spelled as Di$ney) paid off critics with bribe money to give TLJ good reviews, that it was actually hated by critics in reality.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can sum up the discourse in that thread in one post:
Someone claimed Disney (which they spelled as Di$ney) paid off critics with bribe money to give TLJ good reviews, that it was actually hated by critics in reality.

Funny someone saying this after Rotten tomatoes revealing that it's the user score that was actually bombarded by trolls.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're approaching the end of Resistance I have to say that I'm disappointed with it. I think it has been a big missed opportunity. With them announcing that Poe and Phasma would be featured in the show, and it being called Resistance, I thought this was gonna be a great chance for them to show us the state of the Resistance and First Order pre-TFA. It does do some of that but the whole show feels really detached from the main conflict since the whole season has taken place on the platform.

My hope for a season 2 is that we get to see a lot of the rebuilding that the Resistance has to do post-TLJ and the inner working and power struggles that could arise from Snoke dying.

But it'll probably just be the odd-adventures of Kaz in which now and then he does something tangentially related to the Resistance.

The art and new designs are killer, though. That has disappointed not disappointed.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Episode IX |OT| The Last Jedi
You monster lol.

Funny someone saying this after Rotten tomatoes revealing that it's the user score that was actually bombarded by trolls.

Even funnier when you realise theat poster changed to "just talk to any of your friends, at least 50% hated it" after finding out that the IMBD score was much higher and had way more reviews.

Yeah not missing much, usual suspects, though Veelk and Surfin had a cool discussion on the force in the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.