• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, the IX Panel is confirmed for the 12th. No time yet but the TLJ one was at 11am EST

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll show the Episode IX trailer during the opening ceremony, not any specific panel. That was what they did with TLJ. The opening ceremony is broadcast live for everyone to watch.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Its not sarcasm. Do you even know what sarcasm is lol?
And yeah very fitting. The one single time where he actually says something like this and immediatly stops acting that way. If he had pulled these awfully gags in TFA, ok, but that way its completly random and stupid.

Poe immediately stops acting like a cocky full of himself hot-shot after the Hux call? Are you forgetting the scenes immediately after when he ignores a director order because he thinks he knows better, and ends up getting multiple killed, an entire squadron of ships destroyed, and gets himself demoted? And are you also forgetting how later in the movie Poe - pissy at not being allowed to know confidential plans after his earlier screw up - stages a mutiny? He was cocksure and self-aggrandising way after talking to Hux.

Also, it's not like he wasn't similarly cocky to major First Order leaders in TFA either...

tenor.gif
tumblr_ogbtb1uDu81s3ulybo3_400.gif

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They'll show the Episode IX trailer during the opening ceremony, not any specific panel. That was what they did with TLJ. The opening ceremony is broadcast live for everyone to watch.

I was at Celebration Orlando and I remember the opening ceremony there was the 40th anniversary celebration. They waited until the 2nd day and the TLJ panel to show the TLJ teaser.
Maybe TFA they showed it at opening ceremony? I didn't go to Anaheim so I don't remember.

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw a Battlefront bundle on the PlayStation store with I think Battlefront 1 ultimate edition, Battlefront 2 and additional Hoth skins for $7.
Pretty darn good

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was at Celebration Orlando and I remember the opening ceremony there was the 40th anniversary celebration. They waited until the 2nd day and the TLJ panel to show the TLJ teaser.
Maybe TFA they showed it at opening ceremony? I didn't go to Anaheim so I don't remember.
Yup they could very well drop the trailer during the panel

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think you're right, it was TFA.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
how is that movie fanboys looked upon by y'all i never saw it. All I know is I have a low opinion of Kyle Newman bc of his negative comments about TLJ but really I don't know shit about him or his movie

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Hux getting pulled over the floor like some Idiot.
Luke throwing the sword away in the beginning.
Yoda acting like he ate mushrooms or something.
Finn with his leaking suit.
The whole shit at Ach-Too with these alien-nuns.

Its everytime so awful und tonally off to everything thats going on currently, its like someone pulled the worst attempts of humor in Marvel movies and put them in this. And now someone will post that even in the original trilogy were jokes, but it was never so tonebreaking and visual overthrowing everything. The only thing that is even closely comparable is the smirk of Han Solo in ROTJ, and even this is hated by people, excluding all the stupid gags from the Special Editions.

And even comparing the deathbed "joke" against this... sorry. I really cant understand how this is even supposed to be close. Its not an attempt to make you loud
out loud. In TLJ Yoda is back to his stunt that he pulled off to test Luke right they first meet and it makes no sense, even when the whole dialogue gets better as the talk goes on.

I feel like you need to watch the OT and the prequels again if you think that anything in TLJ wasn't Star Wars.

And Hux IS an idiot. He's not supposed to be General Veers or Piet. He's a representation of a young fanatic that should not be taken seriously but is still dangerous because of the power the inherited. The old Imperials look down on him because of that and even Snoke does. He says it.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The alien-nuns is the most Star Wars thing ever while not being a copypaste of the OT or PT. Like, seriously how can you have a problem with these

Oct 28, 2017
How are the nuns much different than ewoks or jawas? Having said that, I do think the humor in TLJ is a little stranger/weirder than the humor in the OT. JJ and Kasdan got the humor just right in TFA.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
So, officially announced Celebration panels:

Episode IX
Galaxy's Edge
Animated shows
Phantom Menace 20th Anniversary

My guesses from a month ago:

I mentioned this in the Jedi Fallen Order thread on Gaming side, but Celebration is gonna be stacked.

Basically assured to appear:

* Episode IX
* The Mandalorian
* Clone Wars S7
* The Phantom Menace 20th Anniversary festivities
* Galaxy's Edge

Could appear:

* Details on other Disney+ shows like the Cassian one.
* New movie announcements
* Jedi Fallen Order

And there's almost guaranteed to be new publishing announcements. It's gonna be a crazy couple days.

I'm 4 for 5 so far on "assured to appear" and already 1 for 3 in "could appear." Eat my dust, Mike Zeroh :P

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love if we got a little bit of info on Rian's or D&D's movies but I doubt that'll happen since the show is already gonna be insanely packed.

Oct 27, 2017
The only Joke that bugs me in TLJ is BB8 coin machine. I mean the little alien was funny and the interaction between the two. It's just a part of me keeps thinking why is bb8 physically capable of that? Is that ball some kind of quantum pocket? Cause he sure does have a lot going on in there apparently. The soccer ball bounce in TFA implies it's hollow but then he's got lighters and cables and repair arms and shit in there.

Anyone play God of War? The dwarf with the bottomless sack, that's what I believe BB8s ball is. Until this is made canon I will never stop questioning these scenes and demanding answers.

These things matter.

Oct 28, 2017
The only Joke that bugs me in TLJ is BB8 coin machine. I mean the little alien was funny and the interaction between the two. It's just a part of me keeps thinking why is bb8 physically capable of that? Is that ball some kind of quantum pocket? Cause he sure does have a lot going on in there apparently. The soccer ball bounce in TFA implies it's hollow but then he's got lighters and cables and repair arms and shit in there.

Anyone play God of War? The dwarf with the bottomless sack, that's what I believe BB8s ball is. Until this is made canon I will never stop questioning these scenes and demanding answers.

These things matter.

That's one of my favorite gags

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I wondered what Frank was replying to.

To that guy's first point, how can someone miss the point that hard?

[edit]

I don't know what Episode 9 will be but I do know that the character development and story will be pretty straight forward because something like a character being conflicted with a decision is just way too hard to grasp for some people.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
I'm just trying to process the idea that a racist cartoon smelling farts is somehow less offensive than Poe making fun of Hux.

I think the offemse is just being taken out of the movie. It just kinda boggles my mind because Star Wars has never had humor that wasn't meant to appeal to the sense of humor of the audience.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think the offemse is just being taken out of the movie. It just kinda boggles my mind because Star Wars has never had humor that wasn't meant to appeal to the sense of humor of the audience.
And like

A walking racial stereotype stepping in shit doesn't

You know

Take you out of the movie

Oct 25, 2017
We all know Mom jokes can't exist in Star Wars, Surfinn. Mom jokes require a very complex set of interactions and context that only exist on Earth.
Its the context.
using those Marvel humor claims, if that joke was in any of the Marvel movies
Iron Man and maybe Spiderman could pull it off outside of the pure comedy MCU movies(counting Antman in that group).
Captain America doing it to Loki or something i'd feel exactly the same.
Even classic Hawkeye could work that but not the movie version.

I just feel it as too much of a joke bit on Poe's part and overly makes Hux a goof than he already is.
Its like the very beginning of the movie and immediately plays into a fairly serious movie and especially the space battle(like it is overcompensating to lighten the impending mood )

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that people don't like that scene. Not only is it the best scene of the movie imo, it may just be my favorite scene of any Star Wars movie ever. "We are what they grow beyond" is definitely my favorite line ever, the whole conversation and interaction is so powerful at laying out clearly (or it should be) what the movies message is yet also totally absolutely nostalgic in the best possible way. I actually hope we never get another Yoda scene in a movie again because that ones never gonna be topped, ever, it's the perfect send off.

But nope. "Force ghosts can't do that!" 🤯

For that matter, Luke's ending is also fuckin perfection, I almost wish we weren't gonna get his ghost (almost) and while I originally thought it was crazy that they killed him off right after Han, in retrospect I dunno if anyone could have given him a better death than Rian did, so I'm kinda glad then.

"Eeeyyyhhhaaaaa that's not how the force works!"

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to stop going to other star wars threads that aren't this one. It's never worth it and now I'm facepalming through my skull.

It blows my mind that people don't like that scene. Not only is it the best scene of the movie imo, it may just be my favorite scene of any Star Wars movie ever. "We are what they grow beyond" is definitely my favorite line ever, the whole conversation and interaction is so powerful at laying out clearly (or it should be) what the movies message is yet also totally absolutely nostalgic in the best possible way. I actually hope we never get another Yoda scene in a movie again because that ones never gonna be topped, ever, it's the perfect send off.
Yup, it was such an amazing scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.