• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the moment I realized TLJ discussion was not worth having and would degrade my brain cells was a day or two after release when somebody on here tried to tell me that your mom jokes are "anachronistic" and "too modern for Star Wars." Your mom jokes are the oldest form of humor in existence.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
my favorite bit of humor from TLJ is during Poe's crank call to Hux, when Poe is calling him General Hugs the whole time and Hux does not notice, just replies "YES THIS IS GENERAL HUX"

my favorite bit from the TLJ panel at the last celebration was Rian's "OF COURSE THERE"S A TRAILER!!" that was so hype.

Oct 28, 2017
I think the moment I realized TLJ discussion was not worth having and would degrade my brain cells was a day or two after release when somebody on here tried to tell me that your mom jokes are "anachronistic" and "too modern for Star Wars." Your mom jokes are the oldest form of humor in existence.

I'm a big fan of TLJ but I do think some of the comedy, like the iron press, the your momma joke and Luke milking the fat water creature did have a different quality of humor than what's come before (OT specifically). It's a little "out there", almost Spaceballs-ish.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
thala siren moment was wonderful I'm so glad they put something weird like that in there.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild how many people think "drinking breast milk" is the line that TLJ crossed. Like where do you think people drank milk from for millennia

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You mean the same franchise where two people who had zero interaction since they were pre-teens/teens suddenly fall madly in love in a matter of days?

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
It blows my mind that people don't like that scene. Not only is it the best scene of the movie imo, it may just be my favorite scene of any Star Wars movie ever. "We are what they grow beyond" is definitely my favorite line ever, the whole conversation and interaction is so powerful at laying out clearly (or it should be) what the movies message is yet also totally absolutely nostalgic in the best possible way. I actually hope we never get another Yoda scene in a movie again because that ones never gonna be topped, ever, it's the perfect send off.

But nope. "Force ghosts can't do that!" 🤯

For that matter, Luke's ending is also fuckin perfection, I almost wish we weren't gonna get his ghost (almost) and while I originally thought it was crazy that they killed him off right after Han, in retrospect I dunno if anyone could have given him a better death than Rian did, so I'm kinda glad then.

"Eeeyyyhhhaaaaa that's not how the force works!"
It's the best scene in all of Star Wars in my mind, too. Just the pinnacle of what this whole thing is about. Funny, emotional, introspective, magical and inspirational.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Rey's reaction to Luke drinking the tiddie milk will never not be the best thing ever.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Rey has to look away from both Luke's tiddy drinking and Kylo's big and beautiful torso. Those Skywalker bois need to leave Rey alone.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
giphy-1-1.gif

Yo, thought I'd share this somewhere where people might think it's cool. My wife and I are going on vacation to Ireland in a couple weeks and there's boat tours around Skellig Michael! So she bought us tickets. It's weather permitting, but they say you can get pretty close and maybe see some whales, too.

So stoked.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-1-1.gif

Yo, thought I'd share this somewhere where people might think it's cool. My wife and I are going on vacation to Ireland in a couple weeks and there's boat tours around Skellig Michael! So she bought us tickets. It's weather permitting, but they say you can get pretty close and maybe see some whales, too.

So stoked.
Looks like one of us is gonna be sucking some alien whale tiddies next month.

Oct 28, 2017
Green milk was awesome! It's like one of those moments where Luke the farmboy leaks through instead of Luke the Jedi. "I need to get this chick to beat it, this'll do!"
Whenever I try to discuss TLJ with my close friends or brothers who grew up as HUGE SW fans but who all uniformly hated TLJ, all they say is "blue titty juice" and that's basically a conversation ender. Like, that's literally all they think needs to be said to prove their point that TLJ was garbage.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Men love tiddy until you remind them what tiddy is actually used for biologically and then they get grossed out for some reason

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me when I'm reminded tiddy is biological:

5pTMF05.gif
Lmao!

giphy-1-1.gif

So stoked.
That's fucking awesome!

If the weather let's it happen please post pictures!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
giphy-1-1.gif

So stoked.
Take some pics!! Nice man

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Me when I'm reminded tiddy is biological:

5pTMF05.gif
Man my biggest worry leading up to TLJ was definitely that Mark Hamill wouldn't be able to bring it and his scenes would end up kinda like some of the clumsy Leia scenes in TFA, especially based on various recent live action roles he'd had (i.e. The Flash, Kingsman). That would have been a huge bummer, for them to revisit a hero and leave me underwhelmed. But no, he fucking brought it (Carrie Fisher too, much better than in TFA).

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Man my biggest worry leading up to TLJ was definitely that Mark Hamill wouldn't be able to bring it kinda like some of the clumsy Leia scenes in TFA, especially based on various recent live action roles he'd had (i.e. The Flash, Kingsman). That would have been a huge bummer, for them to revisit a hero and leave me underwhelmed. But no, he fucking brought it (Carrie Fisher too, much better than in TFA).
Yeah, I had the same exacts thoughts leading to the movie. I love Mark but he's not really the greatest actor ever, you know. His performance surprised me by just how goddamn good it was, he was able to go toe to toe with great actors like Daisy and Adam and not seem out of place.

I've probably said this a billion times now but his performance is fantastic when he's telling Rey what really happened in the hut.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea we had a new thread, I was wondering why the old OT wasn't getting new posts in my Watched Threads.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Blindspotting just now (holy shit, fantastic movie) and kept wondering where I had seen this character before:
gEzKW8pl.jpg

It was Iden Versio!
tqS3Pusl.jpg

It was killing me that I couldn't place her.

Oct 28, 2017
I have a new theory for Episode 9. What if Rey is offered the power to bring back her parents (a callback to Anakin offered the power to save Padme) and this puts her on the path to the dark side. Idk I just watched the Anakin/Sheev opera scene again (still a great scene btw) and it me think of it.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a new theory for Episode 9. What if Rey is offered the power to bring back her parents (a callback to Anakin offered the power to save Padme) and this puts her on the path to the dark side. Idk I just watched the Anakin/Sheev opera scene again (still a great scene btw) and it me think of it.

I don't think that would fit, especially after accepting that her parents were nobodies that sold her.

I could see her being tempted to the Darkside in an attempt to save those she cares about. Mainly because of her lack of caution/fear towards it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't think that would fit, especially after accepting that her parents were nobodies that sold her.

I could see her being tempted to the Darkside in an attempt to save those she cares about. Mainly because of her lack of caution/fear towards it.
I can definitely see Kylo tempting her with Finn's life, somebody he hates

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One idea I had back during the TFA days was that somewhere down the line, Rey would get mortally wounded and "die" in IX, but either Luke or Leia do some whacky force hijinks and pass their lifeforce to save her at the expense of theirs.

A half-literal, half-figurative handover of the Skywalker legacy, if you will.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
One idea I had back during the TFA days was that somewhere down the line, Rey would get mortally wounded and "die" in IX, but either Luke or Leia do some whacky force hijinks and pass their lifeforce to save her at the expense of theirs.

A half-literal, half-figurative handover of the Skywalker legacy, if you will.
lmao can you imagine the fan meltdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.